Match Thread Barnsley v Peterborough (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

Up the bid by 500k to what. If it's 1m to 1.5m fine if it's 2.5m to 3m I would have concerns.
Less concerned by Styles as he is proven at international level.

I wonder how many on here groaned at the thought of us signing Fadz? Let's give the guy a chance, eh?

ccfc1234

I wonder how many on here groaned at the thought of us signing Fadz? Let's give the guy a chance, eh?
I am confused, what about my post said I was not keen to give him a chance?
If he joins I will be 200% supportive. My concern and post was stating that just because we have money we should still be disciplined in our spending.

procdoc

If he joins I will be 200% supportive. My concern and post was stating that just because we have money we should still be disciplined in our spending.
But you’re basing this on one performance

torchomatic

Based on one performance, whereby he has been excellent previous to last night, by all accounts.

ccfc1234

But you’re basing this on one performance
Based on one performance, whereby he has been excellent previous to last night, by all accounts.
Its not about last night for me and regardless of a poor game I am concerned about spending anywhere near 4 million on a Barnsley CB from league one. If the manager is convinced by the value and the players ability to become an asset that will appreciate with his and Adi's coaching that's enough for me. However, I personally like the idea of finding a couple more players like Sakamoto perhaps directly form the J League like brighton did with Mitoma from Kawasaki frontal for 2.7 million and would be worth well over 10x that amount.

procdoc

Its not about last night for me and regardless of a poor game I am concerned about spending anywhere near 4 million on a Barnsley CB from league one. If the manager is convinced by the value and the players ability to become an asset that will appreciate with his and Adi's coaching that's enough for me. However, I personally like the idea of finding a couple more players like Sakamoto perhaps directly form the J League like brighton did with Mitoma from Kawasaki frontal for 2.7 million and would be worth well over 10x that amount.
You live in cloud cuckoo land.

theferret

Not sure why you are being pulled apart on this. It seems a reasonable point, even if they don't agree on the assessment of the individual player.

The same people who seem to be cheerleading price hikes that might ultimately only generate very modest increased gate revenues, are equally more than willing to talk about half a million extra here or there on players as though it's nothing. We have to be disciplined. Half a million quid is the equivalent to about 2000 season tickets. These are substantial amounts of money for a club like ours.

blunted

I'm wondering how many players move from L1 for the prices being quoted? Have to be good and ready to go for £2.5 million plus and £2 million respectively. Don't know the players but seems a lot of money even with our current bank balance.

SlowerThanPlatt

I'm wondering how many players move from L1 for the prices being quoted? Have to be good and ready to go for £2.5 million plus and £2 million respectively. Don't know the players but seems a lot of money even with our current bank balance.
Didn’t we sell a few for that price?

procdoc

Not sure why you are being pulled apart on this. It seems a reasonable point, even if they don't agree on the assessment of the individual player.

The same people who seem to be cheerleading price hikes that might ultimately only generate very modest increased gate revenues, are equally more than willing to talk about half a million extra here or there on players as though it's nothing. We have to be disciplined. Half a million quid is the equivalent to about 2000 season tickets. These are substantial amounts of money for a club like ours.
He’s been scouted and watched for months. I think they know more about him than you do

ccfc1234

He’s been scouted and watched for months. I think they know more about him than you do
I think you might be misunderstanding me, I am NOT against signing the player and if Robins thinks he is the right player I am fine with that. I am simply saying I hope the club don't pay over the odds for him. Surely every player has an upper limit of what they are worth? My point is i hope we don't over extend and not stay true to our approach just because we have money in the bank.

procdoc

I think you might be misunderstanding me, I am NOT against signing the player and if Robins thinks he is the right player I am fine with that. I am simply saying I hope the club don't pay over the odds for him. Surely every player has an upper limit of what they are worth? My point is i hope we don't over extend and not stay true to our approach just because we have money in the bank.
Robins isn’t an idiot, he will spend what he deems is worth it. He won’t pay over the odds, he’ll move on quickly to another target

Users who are viewing this thread