Barnsley supporter here (again).. (1 Viewer)

WhiteyBFC

I gave my thoughts to one of your supporters/bloggers earlier on Jim O'Brien.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-is-wanted-by-a-number-of-championship-clubs?

And if true that you've signed Reda Johnson, I can tell you that he's also a decent addition, certainly for this level. He's deadly from set pieces, another 100%'er, but also prone to injury and can be torn apart by quick wingers.

Hope to catch up with you again as the season progresses, especially for our two fixtures.

See you up the top of the table, eh? ;)

Tonylinc

Hi Whitey. Can you post your thoughts on Jim O'Brian here as many will not have read them including myself. On the matter of Cranie.......he is the sort to follow the money so will most probably leave you if the offers come in.

WhiteyBFC

As for Cranie, I'm not arsed if he goes. He's relegation from the Championship material, but nothing more. If getting him off the wage bill helps plus a fee of 500k or so I'd be satisfied with that.

AcidicHaddock

Hey Whitey!

Can you tell us about how much you love Wednesday? So much so you were whining on Facebook when the Owlstalk server changed and the site so you couldn't post on a rivals fan forum for most of last weekend?

#ClosetOwlsFan

WhiteyBFC

Hey Whitey!

Can you tell us about how much you love Wednesday? So much so you were whining on Facebook when the Owlstalk server changed and the site so you couldn't post on a rivals fan forum for most of last weekend?

#ClosetOwlsFan
You mean twitter. And you do realise Neil (who runs Owlstalk) follows me on there don't you? And that it was a bit of banter between us?

I'd throw summat a little too high at you if I could, as it's clear you're good for things going clean over your head.

#ClosetStalker

WhiteyBFC

You fancy your chances this season Whitey?
I'm excited about finally seeing the promising kids we've got. With Jennings, Noble-Lazarus and Digby in midfield, plus the kid Hourihane we've signed, we ought to see a more exciting brand of football.

If we can keep O'Grady, and both Hoskins and Hemmings chip in with goals too, I think we'll do well.

Early for predictions though. We still need at least another five recruits. But aye, I'm excited. Also because I get to see us at a few different grounds. Never been to Sixfields either. :censored:

WhiteyBFC

We would ask you not to travel to Northampton, support your team but not from inside Sixfields.
I totally get that. I write for our club fanzine. I'll be on here well in advance of that particular fixture to hopefully get an article from one of you guys on what we at 'WSB' see as a fantastic stand against modern football and it's ills.

Skyblueweeman

I totally get that. I write for our club fanzine. I'll be on here well in advance of that particular fixture to hopefully get an article from one of you guys on what we at 'WSB' see as a fantastic stand against modern football and it's ills.

Good to see a fan of another club on here and a.) conduct themselves well and b.) be well received.

Good work lad,

WM

WhiteyBFC

Good to see a fan of another club on here and a.) conduct themselves well and b.) be well received.

Good work lad,

WM
Cheers.

I've always found this to be a decent forum. Very active, very good debates, and Coventry are a club I've really grown fond of since this whole SISU bollocks.

Skyblueweeman

Cheers.

I've always found this to be a decent forum. Very active, very good debates, and Coventry are a club I've really grown fond of since this whole SISU bollocks.

Yeah, despite the inevitable differences and the occasional playground tiff, we're a good bunch, especially when compared to others.

And listen, if your lot ever end up in court in a legal dispute, get your arse back here. We know more about legalities of football (more than our owners and the FL to be fair), court cases, Judicial Reviews and the appeals courts than any club in the land!

WM

Neutral Fan

My own opinion is that CCFC fans - most of all - but also others like Barnsley should avoid MK Franchise FC for the same reason.

Winkie began franchised football in England. SISU seem to be extending it further. We shouldn't encourage any of them IMO.

letsallsingtogether

Keep trying to kid yourself.
According to Tim and co ticket sales will be drastically down this season yet again, if still at sixfields.

Ticket sales will stay the same so about 1500 fans is average for the season which is sad but true !!! #PUSB !!!

Astute

Keep trying to kid yourself.
According to Tim and co ticket sales will be drastically down this season yet again, if still at sixfields.

I'm not so sure. A lot of it will depend on what sort of team SP can put out to start with. And then if we are near the top of the table the attendances could well go up. We have been starved of success for many years so if we look like getting promoted I could see many new faces going.

Spionkop

Astute, don't think you realise the absolute opposition to Sixfields amongst Coventry people. Sisu are up there with Pol Pot and Saddam Hussein. And it's.....Not Coventry.
& how many full price season tickets sold - was it 84?

letsallsingtogether

Not what we have been told at these forums.
They have alienated themselves from the fans giving nothing and taking everything that most won't go back will be lucky to get 10,000 at the Ricoh as many have given up and won't be back.
You can only kick people so many times before they turn and run and never come back.

Saddest Time ever to be a City fan....

Hope it changes next week.

I'm not so sure. A lot of it will depend on what sort of team SP can put out to start with. And then if we are near the top of the table the attendances could well go up. We have been starved of success for many years so if we look like getting promoted I could see many new faces going.

Astute

Most people I know say they won't go to Northampton. I won't go however well we are doing. But you can't speak for everyone. Our attendances always go up in the rare seasons we do well. And the numbers are so low now that it wouldn't take a lot to make them go higher.

RoboCCFC90

Whitey you old suck up... 'TheEnchanter here'. :D

Heyup old lad. Thought you lot were too massive for us pub league forums?:laugh:

Shall we invite some Sheffield United and Leeds fans here as well and then you lads can have a loving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Shall we invite some Sheffield United and Leeds fans here as well and then you lads can have a loving 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbo - Ithink the knock on effect of 'The Tour de Yorkshire' is that the place is so rammed full of lycra clad middle aged blokes that the locals are seeking some space down on our forum ;):claping hands::whistle:

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm excited about finally seeing the promising kids we've got. With Jennings, Noble-Lazarus and Digby in midfield, plus the kid Hourihane we've signed, we ought to see a more exciting brand of football.

If we can keep O'Grady, and both Hoskins and Hemmings chip in with goals too, I think we'll do well.

Early for predictions though. We still need at least another five recruits. But aye, I'm excited. Also because I get to see us at a few different grounds. Never been to Sixfields either. :censored:

Is Danny Wilson still your manager, I've always been under the impression that his footballing teams are anything but exciting?

WhiteyBFC

Is Danny Wilson still your manager, I've always been under the impression that his footballing teams are anything but exciting?
The bloke who took us to the Premier League playing like Brazil? Best brand of football I've ever seen us play was under him for four solid years. Last season though, once he returned, it wasn't pretty, but he's building his own squad now and so we'll see if he's still got it.

Long gone are the days where I show enormous loyalty to any one manager/player at BFC. Seen too much of the dark side to get conned again. I just hope for a decent season, some good football, a host of youths given their opportunity, and to beat the Blunts home and away. If we are promoted, bonus.

I gave my thoughts to one of your supporters/bloggers earlier on Jim O'Brien.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-is-wanted-by-a-number-of-championship-clubs?

And if true that you've signed Reda Johnson, I can tell you that he's also a decent addition, certainly for this level. He's deadly from set pieces, another 100%'er, but also prone to injury and can be torn apart by quick wingers.

Hope to catch up with you again as the season progresses, especially for our two fixtures.

See you up the top of the table, eh? ;)

Is O'Brien a decent replacement for Moussa? Cant say i remember to much about him from the Cup game last season. Will defo be back at Oakwell for the League meeting in a few months tho. Very enjoyable match last time out. Hopefully it will be a repeat performance (game quality aswell as result). See you there! Good luck for the new season!

Users who are viewing this thread