Barnsley Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Don’t see the big fuss we made over Tyler Walker yet,

We also need far more than what Jamie Allen is bringing to the side

It's funny funny think Baka and Biamou would have done worse. At least as a partnership they work well together. I will take cover. Lol

clint van damme

All 7 today, except for Fadz 8, Hamer 8,
Sheaf 6, Allen 6.

We get a point away from home in a new division, and feel disappointed.
Shows how far we've come.
PUSB

or what arse pieces some of our support are! Take your pick.

cc84cov

It's funny funny think Baka and Biamou would have done worse. At least as a partnership they work well together. I will take cover. Lol
Max and Baka for me would of made more of an impact today than walker im
Not liking what I’ve seen so far from him

SBAndy

Some ridiculous ratings here, nobody was less than a 5 at the very worst.

I should point out I don’t have anything against either Sheaf or Godden. In fact, I definitely think there’s a player in Sheaf but today was such a bad game to throw him in, no time to get his rhythm at all and he looked rather terrible. Godden’s first touch was non-existent and he seemed way off the pace. Really poor performances from those 2 in particular.

steve101

I am not too sure what rating scales people are using - maybe -2 to 8?!!
This is mine:
4 = very poor
5 = poor
6 = average
7 = good
8 = very good
9 = excellent
10 = outstanding

Surely the majority of players deserve at least 'good' when you consider the work rate; the fact they were the home team and created little and we have made the step up without looking out of place.

Speedies_Chips

Good to see McFadz getting the recognition he deserves. He was the main reason we were so good at the back last season but people jumped on him for one poor game (at Rotherham) and then suggested he wouldn’t be up to it in the championship.
He will be crucial for us this season.

SBAndy

I can’t believe how low the rating are from people to today. Think mine are about the highest

Context, I suppose. I would struggle to say anyone on either team had a good game today. Hamer and McFadz were the best out there for me, but neither brilliant, just reasonable and effective. It’s more an indictment on the quality of the match than the quality of the team.

skybluesam66

trouble is watching only on tv, you only see what the camera sees -missing most of what most players do, If we were they we may see the game very differently

harvey098

Marosi 7 (Didn't have much to do but was assured with the two shots on target)
Dabo 7
Giles 7 (delivery not good today but pace a real asset)
Ostigard 7 (the weakest of the 3 with his passing but strong defensively)
McFadzean 9 (motm. Outstanding with and without the ball)
Hyam 8 (another strong performance. Two well timed blocks)
Hamer 8 (alround strong with some quality passing. Tired towards the end)
Sheaf 6 (looked off the pace which is understandable. Gave the ball away too often but did get better)
O'Hare 7 (busy as usual but not as effective)
Allen 7 (best game so far this season. Kept the ball better than recent and I would have kept him on longer)
Godden 5 (control let him down s few times and didn't look like scoring. If he wasn't going for the record I think he would have come off. Would have liked Baka to come on)

Walker 7
Shipley 6

Saved me the time of posting. 👏 Can’t believe how many people scored McFadzean below a 8/9 - he was absolutely brilliant.

fernandopartridge

Good to see McFadz getting the recognition he deserves. He was the main reason we were so good at the back last season but people jumped on him for one poor game (at Rotherham) and then suggested he wouldn’t be up to it in the championship.
He will be crucial for us this season.
Agree completely, been banging that drum all pre season.

shmmeee

Got to say, a couple of hairy moments aside Fadz has proved me wrong. I thought he’d get caught out at this level but he’s been excellent. Honestly don’t see how Rose gets in the team right now.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Marosi - 6. Made a couple of good saves but I felt his kicking was off at times today.

Dabo - 6. Tried to get forward but often found himself smothered by a Barnsley shirt as soon as he attempted to make a run. Made one half decent cross. Given he's still in the process of coming back to full fitness I think he was probably feeling it today

Ostigard - 6.5 Looked a threat from corners but gave the ball away on a number of occasions either through poor clearances or misdirected headers. His ariel wins flatter to deceive I often find, as he often rarely makes a clean connection. That said I thought he swept up loose ends well and defended fine.

Hyam - 7. Pretty unassuming performance. Much of the same really. Mr consistent.

McFadz - 8.5. I was really impressed by McFadz today. Passed the ball about, defended well and lead the line admirably. Looked good on the ball also. He's not out of place at this level as some initially suggested. Rose will do well to displace him.

Giles - 6.5. Personally think the ratings for Giles are harsh on this thread. IMO he looked good going forward and was one of the few that actually provided any creativity. His crosses were so-so but as I've mentioned in a previous thread I think that was in part down to the lack of bodies in the box and Godden's refusal to make any meaningful runs. A cross is meaningless unless there is someone there to meet it. His pace was a real threat as well.

Hamer - 7.5. Was an absolute terrier and made some really intelligent passes (sometimes too intelligent). 3 games in and I can already see him receiving a significant amount of interest next summer. Quietened during second half though.

Sheaf - 6. He looked pretty rusty in the first 30 mins and made a number of misplaced passes, but all in all I thought he grew into the game and showcased some of what he's good at. E.g. Comfortable on the ball, intercepts well and can spray the ball about.

O'Hare - 6.5 He ran all day and tried his best to make something happen but nothing seemed to come off. I feel he was targeted quite a bit as there seemed to be a Barnsley shirt on top of him as soon as he received the ball. Worked his socks off though as per.

Allen - 6. Made some intelligent runs and looked sprightly but I thought he often found himself isolated. With O'Hare struggling to make things happen at times and nothing really coming off for Godden, it's harsh to blame him for not making much of an impact.

Godden - 5. Poor today. No tactical awareness, movement was non-existant and he looked sluggish on the ball which often led to him losing it. Unsure why he didn't make runs to the near post as it was something that was glaringly obvious after the first half.

Walker - 6. Got up well at times. All I remember him doing really.

Shipley - 6. Not much to write home about,

fernandopartridge

Marosi - 6. Made a couple of good saves but I felt his kicking was off at times today.

Dabo - 6. Tried to get forward but often found himself smothered by a Barnsley shirt as soon as he attempted to make a run. Made one half decent cross. Given he's still in the process of coming back to full fitness I think he was probably feeling it today

Ostigard - 6.5 Looked a threat from corners but gave the ball away on a number of occasions either through poor clearances or misdirected headers. His ariel wins flatter to deceive I often find, as he often rarely makes a clean connection. That said I thought he swept up loose ends well and defended fine.

Hyam - 7. Pretty unassuming performance. Much of the same really. Mr consistent.

McFadz - 8.5. I was really impressed by McFadz today. Passed the ball about, defended well and lead the line admirably. Looked good on the ball also. He's not out of place at this level as some initially suggested. Rose will do well to displace him.

Giles - 6.5. Personally think the ratings for Giles are harsh on this thread. IMO he looked good going forward and was one of the few that actually provided any creativity. His crosses were so-so but as I've mentioned in a previous thread I think that was in part down to the lack of bodies in the box and Godden's refusal to make any meaningful runs. A cross is meaningless unless there is someone there to meet it. His pace was a real threat as well.

Hamer - 7.5. Was an absolute terrier and made some really intelligent passes (sometimes too intelligent). 3 games in and I can already see him receiving a significant amount of interest next summer. Quietened during second half though.

Sheaf - 6. He looked pretty rusty in the first 30 mins and made a number of misplaced passes, but all in all I thought he grew into the game and showcased some of what he's good at. E.g. Comfortable on the ball, intercepts well and can spray the ball about.

O'Hare - 6.5 He ran all day and tried his best to make something happen but nothing seemed to come off. I feel he was targeted quite a bit as there seemed to be a Barnsley shirt on top of him as soon as he received the ball. Worked his socks off though as per.

Allen - 6. Made some intelligent runs and looked sprightly but I thought he often found himself isolated. With O'Hare struggling to make things happen at times and nothing really coming off for Godden, it's harsh to blame him for not making much of an impact.

Godden - 5. Poor today. No tactical awareness, movement was non-existant and he looked sluggish on the ball which often led to him losing it. Unsure why he didn't make runs to the near post as it was something that was glaringly obvious after the first half.

Walker - 6. Got up well at times. All I remember him doing really.

Shipley - 6. Not much to write home about,
From the bits I saw, O'Hare worked hard just didn't quite get his decisions right, took too many touches or the wrong choice.

harvey098

Got to say, a couple of hairy moments aside Fadz has proved me wrong. I thought he’d get caught out at this level but he’s been excellent. Honestly don’t see how Rose gets in the team right now.

If Rose is to get back in it will be for Ostigard IMO, they are quite similar styles.

McFadzean is the experienced leader, he needs to be in there. Hyam is class and probably the best actual defender. Then Rose / Ostigard battle it out for the more athletic, mobile option.

Last edited:

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Godden was up against 3 huge centre backs today, they needed turning and balls in behind them all day long and we didn’t do that.
He did pull away from his man exactly the same as the QPR game but Giles cross always the as good this time otherwise could have been a different story. He wasn’t as good as he has been though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd say Ostigard is the most likely candidate at the mo, but if the team aren't really conceding many can't suggest making that change right now.

Fadz has been good but dunno if he might start tiring a few months in. Have to wait and see.

superskyblue

I thought Ostigard's distribution was very poor yesterday. But he looks like a really good defender. It's a nice balance with him and McFadzean being quite aggressive in attacking the ball, and Hyam reading the game well.

shmmeee

I thought Ostigard's distribution was very poor yesterday. But he looks like a really good defender. It's a nice balance with him and McFadzean being quite aggressive in attacking the ball, and Hyam reading the game well.

What I like about Østigård is he tries to play forward in a controlled manner more than the others who tend to either go short or very long. Østigård hits the AM and ST to feet more than Fadz or Hyam.

I think everyone’s passing was poor yesterday. Credit to Barnsley.

harvey098

What I like about Østigård is he tries to play forward in a controlled manner more than the others who tend to either go short or very long. Østigård hits the AM and ST to feet more than Fadz or Hyam.

I think everyone’s passing was poor yesterday. Credit to Barnsley.
Look at you with the fancy O. Show off

Hertsccfc

I like Ostigard but his passing was frustrating yesterday. He kept playing very confident looking passes to no one. Rose's distribution is normally consistent, but I would be loath to drop Ostigard. Good performance from McFadzean yesterday

Legia Sky Blue

Other than set pieces we never threatened, which was disappointing, The front 3 struggled and nothing really worked for them. No faulting their effort - it just wasn't their day.
Marosi - 6
Dabo - 6
Ostigaard - 7
McFadzean - 7
Hyam -7
Giles - 7
Sheaf - 6
Hamer - 7
Allen - 5
O'Hare - 5
Godden - 5

Users who are viewing this thread