Barnsley Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Think OHare and Hamer put a shift in. Dabo and Giles too.

If they could shoot they should have had 3 or 4.

Not sure why Godden got the full 90 as he wasn't on it.

superskyblue

O'Hare and Hamer were the only two players who had any impact on the game. Thought they defended Dabo really well and Giles delivery wasn't good today.

You're right about Godden. One of those days for him.

Sheaf looked rusty but it can't be easy in there being pressed like that, as Shipley also showed when he came on. Makes Hamer's impact even more impressive.

SeaSeeEffCee

Marosi - 6
Ostigard - 7
McFadzean - 8
Hyam - 7
Dabo - 5
Sheaf - 5
Hamer - 7
Giles - 6
Allen - 5
O’Hare - 5
Godden - 4

Last edited:

robbiekeane

Dabo looked absolutely fucked. Not a criticism because he puts an absolute shift in but I’m worried not having adequate cover for him. Hopefully something robins looking at addressing

steve101

Marosi 7 (Didn't have much to do but was assured with the two shots on target)
Dabo 7
Giles 7 (delivery not good today but pace a real asset)
Ostigard 7 (the weakest of the 3 with his passing but strong defensively)
McFadzean 9 (motm. Outstanding with and without the ball)
Hyam 8 (another strong performance. Two well timed blocks)
Hamer 8 (alround strong with some quality passing. Tired towards the end)
Sheaf 6 (looked off the pace which is understandable. Gave the ball away too often but did get better)
O'Hare 7 (busy as usual but not as effective)
Allen 7 (best game so far this season. Kept the ball better than recent and I would have kept him on longer)
Godden 5 (control let him down s few times and didn't look like scoring. If he wasn't going for the record I think he would have come off. Would have liked Baka to come on)

Walker 7
Shipley 6

SBAndy

Marosi 6
Ostigard 6
McFadz 7
Hyam 6
Dabo 5
Sheaf 4
Hamer 7
Giles 6
O’Hare 6
Allen 5
Godden 4

Shipley 6
Walker 5

We were warned that the game would be scrappy as fuck. Horrible match to watch. However, a number of ours weren’t on it today.

stupot07

Marosi 6
Ostigard 6
McFadz 7
Hyam 6
Dabo 5
Sheaf 4
Hamer 7
Giles 6
O’Hare 6
Allen 5
Godden 4

Shipley 6
Walker 5

We were warned that the game would be scrappy as fuck. Horrible match to watch. However, a number of ours weren’t on it today.
This ^^^

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

I’m happy with an away point in the championship.
All 7 apart from godden, sheaf and Allen 6

Jamesimus

I never do these, just mutter under my breath when I see other people's, but I'm going for it today...

Marosi - 7; comfortable, I enjoyed the commentators saying "Marosi doesn't like a backpass", despite the fact at that point he'd probably had more touches than the Barnsley midfield.

McFadz - 7; a rock, one Beckenbauer moment of note.

Ostigard - 7; heads everything, regardless of what direction it might go, he heads it anyway. Looks good with the ball at his feet.

Dabo - 6; seems still a bit unfit (understandable), tried to do his man for pace a few times but couldn't. Lovely cheeky smile for one throw in.

Hyam - 7; Mr. Reliable.

Giles - 7; faded in the second half, but was by no means bad. Getting better defensively.

Sheaf - 5; looked off the pace first half, can tell there's a player in there. Gave the ball away / some loose passes.

Hamer - 7; can see he is getting used to the system / style, but looks some player. Good deliveries and wants to win really badly. Definitely really hard.

Shipley - 6; decent birthday cameo, one particularly nice through ball, I think for Giles.

O Hare - 6; worked hard, struggled, but that doesn't stop him. Feel a bit harsh giving him this rating because he grafts like mad.

Allen - 5; didn't see enough from him, can't seem to impose himself as much as O'Hare can when under tight attention from defenders.

Godden - 5; just seemed not as mobile today / unwilling to chase things. Maybe harsh / was up against a good defence. A few strange decisions when we were breaking on the counter.

Walker - 5; didn't get enough of a chance to consider much, seemed to win his fair share of headers.

Barnsley - 6; decent approach play, Sollbauer for them looked good. Some awful shots, but they created more than us in the second half.

larry_david

Mcfadz or Hamer motm. Really pleased mcfadz is doing well.

Giles not as dynamic going forward and crossing was a let down but he still keeps the shirt for me.

Godden looked knackered, surely an angry baka for last 10 mins is worth a run around.

Osti passing was nigh on shameful today as well but part of a solid defence and that was a bullet header.

Sheaf to me looks worryingly like David meyler in his play. For everything that came off, 2 things didn't but I'm biased because Kelly would have bossed that today

Sky Blue Harry H

It was sad to see Dabo's playing the ball down the line and try to skip round their player, as he usually would, but his legs not being able to back him up properly. Note of caution for next week, iirc, Bournemouth are quite strong down their left (watched Man City game).

Hamer, Giles (crossing aside), 3 centre backs and O'Hare I thought played well. The others were a bit off it. Not a great game, but a point away is ok. Our defence looks like being a strength to me this season. A fully fit Dabo today and i think we'd have won.,

clint van damme

It was sad to see Dabo's playing the ball down the line and try to skip round their player, as he usually would, but his legs not being able to back him up properly. Note of caution for next week, iirc, Bournemouth are quite strong down their left (watched Man City game).

Hamer, Giles (crossing aside), 3 centre backs and O'Hare I thought played well. The others were a bit off it. Not a great game, but a point away is ok. Our defence looks like being a strength to me this season. A fully fit Dabo today and i think we'd have won.,

Dabo is coming back from an injury, it's often the case that adrenalin gets a returning player through the first game before their time out starts to catch up with them. He's going to need a few more games under his belt before we see him rinsing full backs for fun again.

Mucca Mad Boys

Some harsh scores for Walker - he won a few aerial duals.

Oakwell has been a tough place to come for a lot of teams in 2020. We didn’t create any meaningful chances in open play, I think that reflects on the midfielders and wingbacks for that.

cc84cov

Dabo is coming back from an injury, it's often the case that adrenalin gets a returning player through the first game before their time out starts to catch up with them. He's going to need a few more games under his belt before we see him rinsing full backs for fun again.
He rinsed the QPR full back last week

Evo1883

Marosi 6
Dabo 6
Ostigaard 5.5
Mcfadzean 7.5
Hyam 6
Giles 6.5
Hamer 7
Sheaf 6
Allen 5
O hare 6
Godden 5

Marty

Marosi - 5
Dabo - 5
Ostigard - 6
McFadzean - 6
Hyam - 6
Giles - 5
Sheaf - 5
Hamer - 7
Allen - 4
O’Hare - 5
Godden - 4

Evo1883

For me Ostigaard gave the ball away on atleast 8 occasions which for me put him as the worst rating of the CB 3..
Godden with little service but looked leggy..
Fadz clearly the leader of that back line

O hare some decent play at times but dithered on the ball too often.

Sheaf, several silly passes but largely solid.

Hamer good game but with the match being played mostly out wide and in defence I have to give MOTM to fadz

lifeskyblue

Marosi 7 (Didn't have much to do but was assured with the two shots on target)
Dabo 7
Giles 7 (delivery not good today but pace a real asset)
Ostigard 7 (the weakest of the 3 with his passing but strong defensively)
McFadzean 9 (motm. Outstanding with and without the ball)
Hyam 8 (another strong performance. Two well timed blocks)
Hamer 8 (alround strong with some quality passing. Tired towards the end)
Sheaf 6 (looked off the pace which is understandable. Gave the ball away too often but did get better)
O'Hare 7 (busy as usual but not as effective)
Allen 7 (best game so far this season. Kept the ball better than recent and I would have kept him on longer)
Godden 5 (control let him down s few times and didn't look like scoring. If he wasn't going for the record I think he would have come off. Would have liked Baka to come on)

Walker 7
Shipley 6

Agree with this. Thought Godden not in it. O’Hare looking to do too much. Defensive 3 v strong. Giles did ok but I think only managed one quality cross. For the first time I think Dabo showed signs of running out of steam. Sheaf ok for first start but never had time on ball. Allen lot of running...intelligent runs and chasing but didn’t impact game in final third. Hamer best player...excellent dead ball delivery...silly booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc84cov

Agree with this. Thought Godden not in it. O’Hare looking to do too much. Defensive 3 v strong. Giles did ok but I think only managed one quality cross. For the first time I think Dabo showed signs of running out of steam. Sheaf ok for first start but never had time on ball. Allen lot of running...intelligent runs and chasing but didn’t impact game in final third. Hamer best player...excellent dead ball delivery...silly booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dabo isn’t run out out of steam he’s only just back from injury 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣🤣 Giles & hammer were the stand out players

speedie87

Marosi 8 decent on the ball and good save at the end as got body behind it some keepers might have just stuck out leg and got done by the bounce
Ostigard 7 unlucky with the header, could of moments positional play was a bit out
Mcfadzean 8 motm
Hyam 7 normal steady self
Dabo 7 quiet game from him, silly free kick given away near end
Hamer 8 decent
Sheaf 6 looked a bit sluggish today
Giles 7 almost a good game but couldn’t pick anyone out with crosses
Allen 6 yes works hard but we need someone with more I;offer going forward inrole
O hare 7 not his day but worked hard and hacked down a lot
Godden 6

Walker 5
Shipley 6

cooperskyblue

Take the point. Not a great performance on the ball but we still had good positions and we lacked final ball, it was either just infront or just behind Godden.

Defence was good, again looked but leggy last 15 mins but saw out the clean sheet.
Think some on here being way too harsh, Walker actually won a fair bit, we just never got a chance for him or Godden to shoot.

I actually think the game was crying out for Baka to be honest. To ruffle a few feathers and get around the pitch.

The huge positive is we got a point and a clean sheet away from home playing average really, yet came closest to actually scoring with Ostigard s header.

Move on to Friday now.

cc84cov

Don’t see the big fuss we made over Tyler Walker yet,

We also need far more than what Jamie Allen is bringing to the side

Londonccfcfan

Marosi 7
Ostigard 6
Mcfadz 7
Hyam 6
Giles 6
Dabo 6
Hamer 7
Sheaf 6
Allen 5
Ohare 5
Godden 4.....would have been a 5 if he had been taken off for fresh legs.
Really not sure what the reasoning is from MR there. But what do i know.

Think a fair result overall.

Shipley 5
Walker 5

Godden and Walker partnership needs working on..were too far apart when changes made.

Users who are viewing this thread