Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Can see us playing defensively for a 1-1 draw.

steve101

We have done well in recent years bouncing back after a disappointing performance so hopefully the same again. I imagine JCS will start and probably Maatsen. I would like Rose in at the centre again but think he might be dropped after his poor show v Cardiff on the left side. Maybe Jodi Jones first championship start? Wishful thinking. Robins prefers Shipley.
Watching this one with my Dad. First time for a few years. Last time this was planned was v Luton, which got called off due to COVID. Let's hope no waterlogged pitch or positive LFTs 🤞🏻

Sky Blue Harry H

Can see us playing defensively for a 1-1 draw.

Why woyuld we play defensively? We want a win. Nott like we're in danger of going down. If you'd said ' think we'll play poorly' I get it, as we have had a tough midweek game, the pitch is likely to be iffy, and Barnsley have had no midweek game. Serious question, why are you saying we will set up defensively, unless you are just p*ssed off with the Cardiff result, and having a pop before we've even kicked off?

Edit: fwiw, I think we'll try and attack as usual, but maybe get done 2-1.

Nick

Administrator
Why are people surprised at the thought of playing defensively against a team at the bottom of the table? Do you watch our games?

Sky Blue Harry H

We'll win this one comfortably - 3-0

Their last 5 games have all had just one goal in it. Their last game they beat QPR 1-0, and had no midweek game. Hats off to you if you are anywhere near right (and I hope you are!) Do feel we need a bit of help from the football gods (and the ref for a change!)

Sky Blue Harry H

Why are people surprised at the thought of playing defensively against a team at the bottom of the table? Do you watch our games?

Show me the attacking line up you'd pick, and the formation.

AOM

I know he had a bit of a mare on Tuesday, but if fit, I'd start Waghorn up top with Gyokeres for this

Hod dog

Moore
Kane Hyam Fadz JCS Maatsen
Allen Sheaf
Ohare
Waghorn Vik

i do not think Bidwell is currently where we need him to be
i want Rose to play as much as the next person but we all know he will be the one sacrificed
i think playing two up top and changing style slightly to freshen up, also think waghorn needs to be played for confidence, he needs minutes not just 10 minutes here and there, and do believe him being up top will help occupy a CB freeing Vik to find space as Vic is not disciplined enough to stay central which i feel is needed for a lone striker, he is brilliant pulling off full backs and cutting in.

NorthernWisdom

Their last 5 games have all had just one goal in it. Their last game they beat QPR 1-0, and had no midweek game. Hats off to you if you are anywhere near right (and I hope you are!) Do feel we need a bit of help from the football gods (and the ref for a change!)
Last couple of performances not so good, but overall we've been playing pretty well. Players with a point to prove, reinvigorated...

I see on another thread it's seen as defeatist to consider staying up an achievement. Well, it isn't. In my youth I wanted to sleep with a thousand supermodels but, realistically, that wasn't possible so it wasn't a huge surprise when it didn't happen.... However on a one-off game, we can aspire to win every one, have faith in the players' abilities if they turn up at their best. I've seen enough this season to know that they will turn up at their best more often than not... excluding finishing. And one day that has to go right, too, doesn't it.

Sky Blue Harry H

Last couple of performances not so good, but overall we've been playing pretty well. Players with a point to prove, reinvigorated...

I see on another thread it's seen as defeatist to consider staying up an achievement. Well, it isn't. In my youth I wanted to sleep with a thousand supermodels but, realistically, that wasn't possible so it wasn't a huge surprise when it didn't happen.... However on a one-off game, we can aspire to win every one, have faith in the players' abilities if they turn up at their best. I've seen enough this season to know that they will turn up at their best more often than not... excluding finishing. And one day that has to go right, too, doesn't it.

I'm totally with you on our recent performances. Just think the stars have aligned to give Barnsley a disproportionate chance this weekend. Really hope I'm wrong (and I'm usually positive about us) FWIW, I really fancy us to turn over Bristol City the following Tuesday, regardless.

Offhegoes

Moore
Hyam Fadz JCS
Sheaf Howley
Kane Allen O'Hare Maatsen
Gyk

Jodi Jones to get at least 30 mins, and also a look at Tavarres. No Shipley please

stupot07

.....................Moore
.............Hyam Rose JCS
Kane........Sheaf Allen.....Maatsen
.....................O'Hare
..............Gyokeres Waghorn

I'd go 4231 but we won't drop wingbacks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

AOM

.....................Moore
.............Hyam Rose JCS
Kane........Sheaf Allen.....Maatsen
.....................O'Hare
..............Gyokeres Waghorn

I'd go 4231 but we won't drop wingbacks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Agree with this team, but maybe McFadzean in for Rose.
Was our best defender before he got injured imo, and probably needs a game or two to get some sharpness up

pusbccfc

Lose 2-0 and the first sign of negativity from the crowd.

Colin Steins Smile

I think we'll go with:
.................Moore
Hyam ......Fadz .....JCS
Kane..Sheaf...Allen..Bidwell
.....O'Hare....Maatsen
...........Gyokeres

And scape a 1-0

Bugsy

we will fucking slaughter them 4-0, Gyok, O'Hare x 2 and Maatsen....PUSB

CCFC54321

Moore
Kane
Maatson
Clarke salter
Mcfazdean
Sheaf
Allen
O’hare
Gyokeres
Waghorn

3-5-2 and get on the front foot

Reactions: AOM

no_loyalty

Need to go 2 up top for this one, hopefully Godden has the all clear and is fit to play. I think Barnsley’s appalling record in Coventry will continue so predicting a 2-0 City win.

steve101

If one up top I would go:
Moore
Kane Hyam Rose Clarke-Salter Maatsen
Sheaf Allen
O'Hare Gyokeres Jones

If two up top:
Moore
Kane Hyam Rose Clarke-Salter Maatsen
Sheaf Allen
O'Hare
Gyokeres Waghorn

However I expect Fadz to start. I would also be keen on Jones playing off Gyokeres with O'Hare in behind - think that could cause them problems.

SkyblueTexan

Tough game with only one goal in it I think. They are a tough nut to crack based on recent performances (don’t look at the table). They also have rest which we don’t. If we lose, time to bleed in the U23s and try to unearth some gems like Eccles and Burroughs of last season (I hear the Tavares fella is champing at the bit).

RegTheDonk

Show me the attacking line up you'd pick, and the formation.
If it was me H I'd really mix this up just to throw them off guard.
4-4-2
Sheaf and Ohare linking and feeding Matteson and Jones on the wings.
30 crosses into the box, Vic and Wags SURELY must get on a couple of them.
Tora Tora Tora
All over by half time, revert to 1 up front and protect the 3-0 lead, if not chuck Fabio on for Wags give him a go.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread