Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Sick Boy

Dominated game but lacked energy and ideas. Huge to get the breakthrough goal. What a signing hyam has been for this club.

Waghorn wasn't good but I do wonder if consecutive games night help him get going.

Let's enjoy the win and see what next game brings.

PUSB
Some of the vitriol against Waghorn on here is way over the top. I’d like to see him given a consecutive run of games, something he’s not really had since the start of the season.

SkyBlueMatt

No excuse not to win that game and being honest, I didn't think it was coming. They did win, you can't write us off. Another goal to add to the +90mins stats.

Did what we needed to. Looking forward to Bristol now.

What a difference a goal makes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Briles

Never in doubt. Just seemed long because we didn't have to come from behind

SkyBlueMatt

Some of the vitriol against Waghorn on here is way over the top. I’d like to see him given a consecutive run of games, something he’s not really had since the start of the season.
Don't worry. Just like Sheaf, if Waghorn manages to hit some form they can just say "I'm glad to be proved wrong"

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

mark82

Thought he was ok earlier in the season. Wasn't horrendous today, just didn't look like scoring.

olderskyblue

" O'Hare was easily our best player "

He didn't have much competition, and if he was, it was by a slight margin.

He still gives the ball away far too often with poor passes for my liking. Work ethic and pressing well is never in doubt.

skyblu3sk

My reflections, pitch is supper bobbly making it really hard to play flowing football which is more our game than Barnsleys. Lots of miss control all over the pitch maybe from the above. Hyam made a fair few mistakes tonight but fantastic composure in front of goal. Also noticed Taveres was just behind him and probably could have hit it too which I'm pleased he got in to the right areas. We still look tired and could do with a few players coming back. Oh and Waghorn seems to be way off form not sure if it's confidence or needs a run.

mark82

He still gives the ball away far too often with poor passes for my liking. Work ethic and pressing well is never in doubt.

Thought Gyökeres was our best player personally. His finishing wasn't great today but he always looks a threat.

skyblue1991

I thought Allen was MOTM today, ran his absolute socks off

OHare made too many sloppy passes for me but definitely was better in the second half

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Three points is all that matters, need to grind out another win at Bristol City on Tuesday.

fernandopartridge

In the first half he was basically covering two positions, making interceptions on the edge of our box and supporting the strikers. He's going to get passes wrong given the ground he covers.

Macca

We are like Man Utd. Seem to play shite more often than not (certainly over last 3 months) but you look up and we are still there

Grendel

OHare made too many sloppy passes for me but definitely was better in the second half

Alken was awful o hare had to play his position as well he will be out the team on Tuesday

CDK

1-0 I will take that every game and if a shite performance so be it.the jury is well out on waghorn.

stupot07

Allen was very poor today. O'Hare probably shaded it is as the best of a bad bunch.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread