Banished (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

So with Johnson in the team, Jackson back on the bench and Tudgay talking about taking his chance to prove his worth who exactly are all these players that Pressley banished from the football club? :thinking about:

ccfcdale

Couldn't have said it better myself mate. Does make you wonder doesn't it.

SkyBlueScottie

He was rightly furious at what he had seen in the dressing room, and more importantly on the pitch. We had just lost to Worcester remember. He makes a public statement about the attitude of some players, we had just lost Worcester remember. Since then certain player's if not all are showing a better attitude towards the club and its performances. Tudgay was singled out for praise, Jackson was mentioned for having a better attitude and putting in better training sessions. So aside from nitpicking and trying to score points, what is the point you are trying to make? We had just lost Worcester remember.

skybluepm2

He was rightly furious at what he had seen in the dressing room, and more importantly on the pitch. We had just lost to Worcester remember. He makes a public statement about the attitude of some players, we had just lost Worcester remember. Since then certain player's if not all are showing a better attitude towards the club and its performances. Tudgay was singled out for praise, Jackson was mentioned for having a better attitude and putting in better training sessions. So aside from nitpicking and trying to score points, what is the point you are trying to make? We had just lost Worcester remember.

I think that the OP was implying that SP just used his very angry interview to cover his own arse, which by the looks of things is correct. He hasn't followed up his words with actions thus far, aside from a 2 week exile for Jackson and Tudgay plus stripping Johnson of the captaincy. It's hardly banishing players. He would be stupid to do so in my opinion, he has a squad full of shite as it is!

Speedies_Chips

People are under contracts. They can't be banished just yet. I am sure he meant in the future, when he is in a position to carry it out.

Nick

Administrator
Miller has gone out on loan?

Although nothing says no authority more than making threats that aren't stuck to which is probably why the players aren't listening or bothered.

olderskyblue

Or maybe he realised his rant was way out of order, had the players in and explained he went too far...?

Smudge1987

Had we just lost to Worcester?

Not sure what games you watch but from what i can see our performances are still dire.

Nick

Administrator
Or maybe he realised his rant was way out of order, had the players in and explained he went too far...?

Surely if that was the case it is no wonder he is supposedly having fall outs with the player? It is like somebody's mum telling them "if you do that you will be in trouble" when the kid knows full well they won't be in trouble, so just do it anyway.

Ashdown

Tudgay, oh dear !! Is this the guy who nearly retired from football a year ago as he didn't enjoy it anymore ?.................He should have, before he took one last pay day off a desperate Steven Pressley ! !

SkyBlue_Bear83

Miller has gone out on loan?

Although nothing says no authority more than making threats that aren't stuck to which is probably why the players aren't listening or bothered.
Miller wasn't even in the squad against Worcester so couldn't have been him he was angry with

olderskyblue

Interesting view. I usually found that being honest if you go way over the top gets more respect than sticking to your guns even though you are wrong.

Brighton Sky Blue

If losing to a pub team at home is not worthy of public admonishment afterwards I don't know what is. The players humiliated the club that day.

Brighton Sky Blue

Interesting view. I usually found that being honest if you go way over the top gets more respect than sticking to your guns even though you are wrong.

Did failing to get a shot on target in 90 minutes against Notts Co whet the apetite for you?

Covstu

His rant was a shot accross the bow to get a reaction out of the players and it worked when we beat the mighty Exeter in the JPT!

So with Johnson in the team, Jackson back on the bench and Tudgay talking about taking his chance to prove his worth who exactly are all these players that Pressley banished from the football club? :thinking about:

Has anyone seen Fisher?

Now that would get Manager of the month award for every one of the next 36 months!:facepalm:

CovLis86

I have no doubt about it that Jackson and Tudgay especially were offered out....but funnily enough, no other team wants a player who isnt putting in effort and cant even get a start in a team doing as terribly as we are. So what can Pressley do? We are stuck with them whether we or Pressley wants them or not.

lewys33

There are 2 ways to look at it.

1) He is completely losing it.

2) He made that statement. The players have reacted in training, maybe even apologised, and SP is willing to give them the chance if they show they will put the effort in.

Let's hope it is the latter.

Brighton Sky Blue

2) He made that statement. The players have reacted in training, maybe even apologised, and SP is willing to give them the chance if they show they will put the effort in.

Just a week later he was back to using superlatives after losing 0-1 to Notts County without getting a shot on target. Fair to say that 1) seems just as likely.

olderskyblue

If losing to a pub team at home is not worthy of public admonishment afterwards I don't know what is. The players humiliated the club that day.

Saying they were awful and a disgrace to the shirt was fine. It was the "banish" comments I thought were way over the top.

Samo

3) Waggot told him to shut his big mouth, think before he opens it again and work with the players he chose to sign.

Brighton Sky Blue

Saying they were awful and a disgrace to the shirt was fine. It was the "banish" comments I thought were way over the top.

As well as being just a very peculiar choice of words. Made me think we had reverted to 1300s Coventry and Reda Johnson would be led to one of the city gates in a horse drawn wagon.

hopesprings

After his rant I did think that certain players would never wear the club colours again, but everyone on the list of possibilities seems to be back in favour (ish) and makes me wonder if Pressley had been over ruled.....

I guess it is also possible that the players involved actually acknowledged that they had been well out of order, apologised profusely to all concerned (except fans of course) worked their socks of in training and pleaded for forgiveness and another chance! :) Possible...but who knows

wingy

What Is true Is that we have a pool of around 5-7 players Who are surplus to requirements.

wingy

Oh shit only 5-7 that means we are keeping an awful lot of crap :(

Expect "gone In the January sales ,one or two will struggle for takers though ,do we settle out contracts again ?

Point I was suggesting really Is do we need these or others like these or should we utilise the young more ,can we afford /keep affording higher salary wasters ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I didn't have a problem with Pressley rant in the interview, what was disappointing over the next week after it was leaking out of individuals etc. and even more disappointing was him reverting to his usual self by saying how incredible we were vs Notts County and Walsall. Any respect he got for telling it how it is is instantly lost after this.

It seems Pressley willingly accepts and encourages any type of crap performance as long as the player works reasonably hard.

I've heard a poster on here say he judges the intelligence of City fans based on whether they think Stern John was a good player for us, well Pressley is the sort of manager who'd have bombed him out and replaced him with a grafter.

Users who are viewing this thread