Bandwagon .... I'm on it!!! (1 Viewer)

Bennosdancingfeet

Having been a season ticket holder for 25 years I lost all faith and it became more of a chore going up the Ricoh so I gave it all up. The last few years ground me down, as a kid I would never imagined I would turn my back on my team.... I DID!!!

Mark Robins gave me a glimmer of hope and had been watching the progress from afar. Yesterday, I woke up and asked my brother who was also a season ticket holder if he would like to join me on a trip to Milton Keynes for what would be our first league one game of the season. He was up for it so M1 south we went.

After yesterday.... The buzz came back, was so proud to be there with a team who have bought back some pride and passion to the club. Driving home ecstatic and proud, we discussed our plans for new year. First port of call is the Ricoh to watch the team I've fell in love with again beat Shrewsbury.

Was wondering if anyone else has got the buzz back and will it swell the numbers again as it has with myself and my brother.

kg82

This is more like it! Fair play for admitting it. I know what you mean about it being a chore. Was so fed up with what we were getting. Robins is quickly becoming a sky blue legend though and its down to him that people are now starting to come back. The buzz is definitely there!

hill83

Part-timer. You make me sick.

Only joking, welcome back, hopefully a lot more people jump on. PUSB

Jonny

Let's just say it's more enjoyable watching us this season than watching us last season! 18k for Shrewsbury anyone?

WillieStanley

Having been a season ticket holder for 25 years I lost all faith and it became more of a chore going up the Ricoh so I gave it all up. The last few years ground me down, as a kid I would never imagined I would turn my back on my team.... I DID!!!

Mark Robins gave me a glimmer of hope and had been watching the progress from afar. Yesterday, I woke up and asked my brother who was also a season ticket holder if he would like to join me on a trip to Milton Keynes for what would be our first league one game of the season. He was up for it so M1 south we went.

After yesterday.... The buzz came back, was so proud to be there with a team who have bought back some pride and passion to the club. Driving home ecstatic and proud, we discussed our plans for new year. First port of call is the Ricoh to watch the team I've fell in love with again beat Shrewsbury.

Was wondering if anyone else has got the buzz back and will it swell the numbers again as it has with myself and my brother.

I'd love to read more posts like this!! People are too quick to loudly proclaim that they've had it with the club and they'll never come back while such and such is going on, or that fella is here, or whoever is getting their money, yet when they come back, it's with a wimper. We've all "had enough" at one stage, and actually, it's more helpful to announce it when fans come back rather than a rant when they leave!!

Fair play to you mate and welcome back on board!!

urbanbushmonkey

Including 2 friendlies, I think I've done 19 now this season. The spark is back for sure !!

I got fed up during the Coleman era and missed a few seasons, then last year I went to Leeds away and it all came back. Haven't missed a game since (aside from friendlies, but will even do all them in 2013).

Bennosdancingfeet

I'm not ashamed to admit I jumped ship. I just sense we are on the up again, sure, the run will at some point will come to an end but from what I saw yesterday,we will just dust ourselves down and start again.

We have a manager who knows when to make subs,a manager who says it like every city fan who was at the game would.

kg82

It's about bloody time we had a decent manager - the crap we've had to go through! You can even see the difference on here. 90% of the threads are about the team. A year ago, 90% would be about sisu. It's just nice!

WillieStanley

It's about bloody time we had a decent manager - the crap we've had to go through! You can even see the difference on here. 90% of the threads are about the team. A year ago, 90% would be about sisu. It's just nice!

Not even a year ago, right up until the first pre-season transfer!!

SkyBlueUkeman

I love bandwagoners, me. It's a shame that most games that they used to go to we lost (Leeds a few seasons back, WBA in the FA Cup where in both games we got over 28,000, but saw the team lose) That's why the MK Dons game at the weekend was so bloody good. There were many fans there who don't go every week, but because of how good the game was you can be sure that a lot of them will be up the Ricoh a lot more now.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I wouldn't call you a bandwagoner.. 25 years with a season ticket you dont warrant that dubious accolade!! Your more like a reborn Sky Blue...whatever your title.. welcome back!!:claping hands:

Otis

Good lad.

It's like riding a bike. You never ever forget and you know one day you will get back in the saddle.

Welcome back. Hopefully there will be an extra couple of thousand or so on New Year's Day. Put a show on again and them lot might get hooked again too!

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

While we sing together we will never lose.

That 'never lose' thing is standing up very nicely at the moment for sure! :D

Brighton Sky Blue

Geography has been a major obstacle for me to get to games but seeing result after result go the City's way really brings a smile to my face, especially after last season's wasted away days! Shall be there for Shrewsbury and have half a mind to go to Carlisle too. Just hope we have a good transfer window next month and the momentum continues.

Mucca Mad Boys

I love bandwagoners, me. It's a shame that most games that they used to go to we lost (Leeds a few seasons back, WBA in the FA Cup where in both games we got over 28,000, but saw the team lose) That's why the MK Dons game at the weekend was so bloody good. There were many fans there who don't go every week, but because of how good the game was you can be sure that a lot of them will be up the Ricoh a lot more now.

The big attendance games we lose are games we weren't really going to win. It's a myth.

Mucca Mad Boys

I weren't into away games, MK was my first L1 away day, and I'm tempted to go to a couple more, Sheff U is most likely, Notts County is almost a definite, considering Crawley.

Skyblue86

I've been following this forum for years now but haven't posted until now!

I'm 26 years old and have been a season ticket holder since I was 13 back at Highfield road. After all of Sisu's antics during this summer involving the transfer embargo and lack of signings prior to the early bird ticket deadline I chose not to renew for the first time and would instead hand pick the odd home game to attend. Yesterday was my first away game of the season and what a game it was! To think back where we were at the beginning of the season under Thorn, capitulating away to Shrewsbury for example, yesterday was in complete contrast. Our resilience to comeback from behind, twice, was brilliant and something we've not seen in... years. Robins has done a fantastic job since he arrived and I'm well and truly back on the Sky Blue bandwagon!!

A lot of posters on here compare this run to that prior to the '87 cup final, I have no idea what that was like but this run we're on now feels really special, there was such a buzz about the place yesterday, it was amazing and long may it continue!

In Robins we trust :p

siblue

I'm on it.

I too hav'nt been since the first few games of the season,just couldn't take any more doom and gloom.Then suddenly a winning run and the excitement started coming back.

Me and my brother decided to do the over 400 hundred mile round trip (me still with a hangover from the night before).What a day,just like the good old away days.

Decided on a few beers to celebrate with the awsome sba and ended up sleeping in the car,what a day,see you all New Years day can't wait.It's so good to be back please keep it goin City

blueflint

wish i could join you more am stuck in carlisle due to lack of funds made worse just retired income halved will be at brunton park tho

Users who are viewing this thread