Bands And Artists You Like Or Dislike ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

But did you stay for Budgie ? - awesome welsh trio - we had them play locally - the walls were vibrating and dripping with sweat - epic night - My wife hated it - to loud but Breadfan , In for the kill just ace
Budgie are on Planet Rock often. Breadfan is a classic rock track.

Kneeza

I remember them and their awful 1 hit which was around 1977. I was at a wedding reception at the Engine pub in Rugby that year and the singer was there making sure everyone knew who he was.
That was my dragon's local when I first met her. Sadly long closed now.

ovduk78

I don't like the Bee Gees, UB40, U2, Nirvana and any of those marbling female singers like Celine Dion or Mariah Carey. I also don't like Reggae or ska music.

skyblue1991

Im more of a fan of individual songs rather than artists.

However I cannot stand really the heavy rock music where the singers scream down the mic.

In my opinion there's also no such thing as good music or shit music, just individual taste.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vow

skyblue1991

Just to add the only artist I tend to think shit are the ones that come through “talent” shows. There’s a reason nearly all of them disappear without trace as quickly as they arrived.
What about the likes of OneDirection, one of the most successful boy bands in the world ever and they didn't even win X Factor!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Clive Anderson likes the Bee Gees !
I remember that particular show, BBR! Hilarious! And I also remember Kenny Everett on one of his shows, just after the Bee Gees had performed a song, he said, "The Bee Gees, ladies and gentlemen. Great....didn't they!" :emoji_laughing:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Also had an album on vinyl by the Heebeegeebees, a piss take band consisting of Angus Deyton, Michael Fenton and Philip Pope. They slated bands like the Police (The Peecees), The Eagles (The Beagles), Status Quo (Status Quid) and more. This is "Meaningless Songs" by the Heebeegeebees…..

bringbackrattles

I remember that particular show, BBR! Hilarious! And I also remember Kenny Everett on one of his shows, just after the Bee Gees had performed a song, he said, "The Bee Gees, ladies and gentlemen. Great....didn't they!" :emoji_laughing:
To be honest Anderson was piss taking and was pushing his luck. Early stuff by the Bee Gees wasn't that bad I thought, but why on earth they started doing the girly high pitched stuff ?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What about the likes of OneDirection, one of the most successful boy bands in the world ever and they didn't even win X Factor!

Surely you must know Cowell always made sure the ones who won weren't the best/most saleable?

That way he could get a single out of the winner and sack them of on the pre-agreed show-format contract while signing up those he thought were better on more lucrative terms.

bringbackrattles

Apart from thinking they're Tosseurs ;)
I watched it again on YouTube and Anderson really was sarcastic to them.
He said " you'll always be tossers to me. "
Also called them sister's, and instead of hit music writers said they missed out the S at the start of the word. No wonder they walked off !

skyblue1991

Surely you must know Cowell always made sure the ones who won weren't the best/most saleable?

That way he could get a single out of the winner and sack them of on the pre-agreed show-format contract while signing up those he thought were better on more lucrative terms.
I never really thought about it before, it makes sense now that you mention it!

Users who are viewing this thread