Ball & McGoldrick were brilliant today... (1 Viewer)

@richh87

...think we've found ourselves a proper partnership there.

No more talk of sending Ball back thanks. His passing was sublime and he made the ball stick upfront while being very mobile.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ball was fantastic, great technique and some very creative passing

Mcgoldrick wasn't as good though, poor first half, better second. Fantastic ball control leading up to the goal

Greggs

McGoldrick was better when he has someone alongside him and can 'drift'.
When playing up top on his own he has to keep his position a lot more, taking away his strongest skill.
Top sub by MR

Otis

Callum Ball was like a different player.

Maybe he was wearing special super power red braces today.

He made a hell of a difference.

stupot07

Agree that Ball played well, he was my MOTM, but in the main mcGoldrick was pretty average

percy

...think we've found ourselves a proper partnership there.

No more talk of sending Ball back thanks. His passing was sublime and he made the ball stick upfront while being very mobile.

ball played well against arsenal as well. impressed me and long may it continue

Greggs

Callum Ball was like a different player.

Maybe he was wearing special super power red braces today.

He made a hell of a difference.

Freed McGoldrick up so much, changed the 2nd half!!!! :)

The CableGuy

I'm a big fan of the EMSF (East Midlands Strike Force), but my only worry is......what happens when their loans expire?

I'm sure Forest have noticed that McGoldrick is scoring for fun for us. Ideally we would be able to keep him for the rest of the season, at least.

Grendel

I'm a big fan of the EMSF (East Midlands Strike Force), but my only worry is......what happens when their loans expire?

I'm sure Forest have noticed that McGoldrick is scoring for fun for us. Ideally we would be able to keep him for the rest of the season, at least.

We won't be keeping him post January. Forest want rid and they want a fee. He's not popular there at all and we cannot afford him.

ajsccfc

I didn't see anything in Ball at all in his first few games but since his goal he's started coming good. I can see him starting more games at this rate.

Nail on head stuff here:

When playing up top on his own he has to keep his position a lot more, taking away his strongest skill.
Top sub by MR

sky_blue_up_north

Ball played really well loved the fact he chased everything even the lost causes. We need to get a few others doing that.

The CableGuy

We won't be keeping him post January. Forest want rid and they want a fee. He's not popular there at all and we cannot afford him.

Hence, 'ideally'. :( ...goals might be hard to come by after January, let's hope MacDonald and Co. can step up to the plate and keep fit.

percy

think the above post just answered that

how ???

we are in a position whereby, we own a player and he plays well then leaves in january. no difference to a loan player playing well and leaving in january. except that we may have got a little bit of money that may or may not have been re invested in the team

Big Mo

Forest are desperate to offload mcgoldrick and definitely don't want him back, just a case of whether someone else offers more for him and whether he's happy to drop a league and vastly reduce his salary

Sterling Archer

Such a shame the loan is only till January, we need to keep hold of McGoldrick.

Hopefully with their new wealthy owners, they'll see as surplus to requirements so we can get him on the cheap.

Martin180

I think McGoldrick could sign a short term contract with us ,until the end of the season, in January .Would suit both parties , he is obviously enjoying his time here and he is the best striker we have .Why would either parties want to change that ? Players arent daft either , look at King .A season playing well alerts other teams and will get him a decent deal

@richh87

McGoldrick's been treated badly at Forest and had his confidence shattered there, so maybe a bit of player power can swing him a move to the Ricoh. I'm sure he'd rather be here playing and having the fans singing his name.

ajsccfc

I think McGoldrick could sign a short term contract with us ,until the end of the season, in January .Would suit both parties , he is obviously enjoying his time here and he is the best striker we have .Why would either parties want to change that ? Players arent daft either , look at King .A season playing well alerts other teams and will get him a decent deal

The worry from our side is that good performances could alert other teams who could swoop and nab him in January quite easily if his Forest situation is as reported.

stupot07

That wouldn't suit Forest if there's someone else willing to pay a transfer fee for him.

McGoldrick's been treated badly at Forest and had his confidence shattered there, so maybe a bit of player power can swing him a move to the Ricoh. I'm sure he'd rather be here playing and having the fans singing his name.

Hope you're right.

Didn't realise how good Ball's passing was until yesterday. And that assist was right out the top drawer.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Hope you're right.

Didn't realise how good Ball's passing was until yesterday. And that assist was right out the top drawer.

Would be great if could sign both permanently as do appear to have makings of a good partnership which we have not had for a very long time.

Any deal for mcgoldrick would have to be in jan. Whether there is any prospect of being able to afford or indeed mcgoldrick being prepared to take a drop in wages / league is another thing. As supporters we can do our bit by getting behind the team, encouraging them and helping them to move up the league. More supporters will mean more money and also a positive club that appears to be going somewhere is more likely to entice mcgoldrick.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think Robins should keep his style but if it doesn't work, then I don't mind him changing it, he's changed the way we play in the last 3 games, he is an intelligent manager and I have 100% trust in him at the min (football is fickle so it could be 0% in 6mths, unfortunately!)

psgm1

Banned
I didn't see anything in Ball at all in his first few games but since his goal he's started coming good. I can see him starting more games at this rate.

Nail on head stuff here:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Greggs
Top sub by MR

Id say it is most DEfinitely NOT nail on head - exact opposite infact!

All games I have seen McGoldrick providing cross after cross into the box with no one at the end to finish. They only time cov score is when McGoldrick is on the receiving end.

Callum ball did the donkey work,leaving McGoldrick free to get on the receiving end.

Allowing him to roam means he is unable to receive the ball!

Agree cannot play up top alone, but he needs to be the "fox in the box". Out on the wing was futile as no one else has the vision to finish the ball!

ajsccfc

Ignoring that that's not the exact opposite at all, McGoldrick picked up a ball out wide in a move that resulted in the only goal of the game yesterday.

@richh87

I don't think McGoldrick is a 'fox in the box' kind of player; more someone who can receive the ball to feet and create something out of nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread