Baker (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Nobody on that pitch last night out of the 22 players was fit to tie Carl Bakers boots up- something is very wrong when he cannot even get in this poor squad

skyblue1991

Rather trust SP's judgement then any supporters' judgement.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

J

Jack Griffin

Was he at the match, is he training with the squad or is he still injured anyway?

RoboCCFC90

Nobody on that pitch last night out of the 22 players was fit to tie Carl Bakers boots up- something is very wrong when he cannot even get in this poor squad

Well he can't get in it currently because he is injured.. Going forward who knows?

chiefdave

Something doesn't add up to me. SP said at the fans forum all the team & transfer decisions were entirely down to him. Now I know there's differing opinions over Baker but even those who aren't fans of his surely can't argue that, on the basis of the first two matches, he should at least have a squad number and considered as an option. Are all the players in the squad really that much better than him?

If you look at the team Page on the official site he has got his old squad number back,let's hope Steven has saw we need a certain flair that baker brings,hopefully he is going to be more involved with the first team,even if he features on the bench would be better !!! #PUSB !!!

Sterling Archer

Am I the only person that thinks the Baker situation is more to do with Pressley not wanting him than another SISU money saving plot?

Pressley has proved to be quite brutal when it comes to players he no longer wants.

dongonzalos

I would have rather seen Blair at wing back and baker supporting the striker yesterday.
However SP will be judged by such decisions.
So far it is not great.
Only two matches though.

I would have also spent 10% if the Wilson money on a Higdon Cody partnership.

RFC

Think you'll find he's injured anyway but personally would have preferred to see him playing last night, still has a lot to offer IMHO!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would have rather seen Blair at wing back and baker supporting the striker yesterday.
However SP will be judged by such decisions.
So far it is not great.
Only two matches though.

I would have also spent 10% if the Wilson money on a Higdon Cody partnership.

10% of the Wilson wouldn't get us even one of those players and your obsession with McDonald is boring.

dongonzalos

10% of the Wilson wouldn't get us even one of those players and your obsession with McDonald is boring.

They will be worth more than 300k each for what they will do for their clubs and would have done for us.

However one of them is very unlikely to cost more than 300k

SkyBlue_Bear83

They will be worth more than 300k each for what they will do for their clubs and would have done for us.

However one of them is very unlikely to cost more than 300k
Higdon reportedly asked for 6k a week wage which alone is more than 300k, then with other fee's and costs probably 600k.

I also doubt we got 3 million upfront in cash for Wilson.

Gint11

I would have baker in the squad. His experience would help and it can still produce it

dongonzalos

Higdon reportedly asked for 6k a week wage which alone is more than 300k, then with other fee's and costs probably 600k.

I also doubt we got 3 million upfront in cash for Wilson.

I think Higdon wages would be around that mark.

If you are serious about promotion and you can sign the likes of him on cheap. for one year, a striker who can finish with his head, left foot and right foot. That is the player you have to sign. That is the player who will earn you 5 million. Sheff Utd have realised that and are serious about promotion.

When you sell a player for 3 million you have to invest a proportion of it on his replacement. This would have been the perfect replacement and us what we have missed in the last two matches

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think Higdon wages would be around that mark.

If you are serious about promotion and you can sign the likes of him on cheap. for one year, a striker who can finish with his head, left foot and right foot. That is the player you have to sign. That is the player who will earn you 5 million. Sheff Utd have realised that and are serious about promotion.

When you sell a player for 3 million you have to invest a proportion of it on his replacement. This would have been the perfect replacement and us what we have missed in the last two matches

Maybe he could have made a difference but it isn't as simple as you make out.

dongonzalos

I just think we are striving for break even point as the order of Joy.
That is because that is what every good business should do.
Unfortunately at the same time Joy demands promotion.
Yet very few, if any of your competitors follow the same principles can you really achieve both aims, with the crazy way football is?

Astute

Am I the only person that thinks the Baker situation is more to do with Pressley not wanting him than another SISU money saving plot?

Pressley has proved to be quite brutal when it comes to players he no longer wants.

I would agree with you if I also thought he is brutal enough to sell any player that our club can get money for however much our club needs them.

Grendel

I would agree with you if I also thought he is brutal enough to sell any player that our club can get money for however much our club needs them.

The club will never get any money for baker. In the end it will cost to buy him out to leave the club.

Users who are viewing this thread