baker with botham in brum yesterday (1 Viewer)

in the paper it says baker was with botham yesterday doing the charity walk

all good and well for a good cause but on the day of our biggest matches hes swanning around in brum for publicty stunt

not ideal preperation for a big game

To be fair I think if you'd seen him doing anything other than standing atop of Coventry Cathederal pumping his fist and kissing the badge you'd have a go.
Realistically what would you expect him to be doing? I really don't think doing a charity walk is bad preperation. In reallity he probably should have hidden away all day, but as this was booked would you want him to call the charity and say "sorry, I'm going to have to drop out as I've a big game tonight".
The teams around us are better than we are. I'm afraid it's that simple.

To be fair I think if you'd seen him doing anything other than standing atop of Coventry Cathederal pumping his fist and kissing the badge you'd have a go.
Realistically what would you expect him to be doing? I really don't think doing a charity walk is bad preperation. In reallity he probably should have hidden away all day, but as this was booked would you want him to call the charity and say "sorry, I'm going to have to drop out as I've a big game tonight".
The teams around us are better than we are. I'm afraid it's that simple.

considering hes been injured , walking for miles is idea preperation isnt it ??? :whistle:

rob9872

A bit more than a good cause for him. Botham normally walks for Leukemia (I think?) which is what Bakers brother died from. Since he had been injured I guess that he committed to be part of it and I'm sure whether we like it or not, would have been more important to him to take part than last night - I know it would be for me if I was in his shoes.

Nick

Administrator
A bit more than a good cause for him. Botham normally walks for Leukemia (I think?) which is what Bakers brother died from. Since he had been injured I guess that he committed to be part of it and I'm sure whether we like it or not, would have been more important to him to take part than last night - I know it would be for me if I was in his shoes.

Agreed! ;)

i agree to certain extent but theres better ways ie him actually doing his own walk/run in the pre-season

rob9872

I doubt he could generate anything like the sponsorship or publicity than a global 'star' like Botham could. His walks are legendary and it probably raises the profile further by adding smaller names (like Baker) to his walk and gets others involved. I agree the timing was poor, but it's probably the most local and convenient stage when he committed.

SkyBlueScottie

Fella's I know its painful etc but this does not help, pointing the finger at him for doing a bit of walking is nonsense. Does anybody know how far he walked?

To be honest I think he ought to be applauded for coming back from an injury early to try and help our cause, had he a normal sized sqaud I doubt very much he would have been risked last night, same goes for Bell imo. Thomas is also struggling with a muscle tear.

Also dont forget Baker has shown in the past that he is prepared to pay out for treatment out of his own pocket to ensure he gets fitter quicker.

Marty

Hes shite and there's more important things in life then football, so couldn't care less really.

Users who are viewing this thread