Baker what a bloke (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

....Baker would have smashed that penalty in .

chiefdave

SP is on the record saying it was his decision and on CWR earlier they were saying now even he must regret it.

cornoccfc

He's just scored again.

Does seem like he genuinely is bothered about Cov. He hardly ever tweets or posts on Facebook about MK without getting a Cov mention in.

Shame that didn't translate on the field during his last 6 months or so at Cov!

NorthernWisdom

O-K, another one where I can be pleased for him, as he seems a decent bloke (wish he'd gone to a club that's easier to love, though!). Also worth pointing out he had a rocky start with discipline when he was younger, so a good example for players to show if they knuckle down they can get a reward.

Still think after last season it was the right move for him to go, just the execution of the replacements that didn't work! He had a dire second half of last season. Sometimes a move can be in the player's best interest and, well, fair play to him. Hope he has a cracking individual season next year, while MK get hammered week in week out.

Lamptey

Hopefully the end of the Baker worship, fair play to him, but I bet he would admit he needed a change. Have Mk got any cash for next year? at least we wont have to listen to Robinsons accent for a while, particularly annoying.

standupforcity

Brilliant Baker...

What a brilliant performance from Baker...proving what a great all round player he is, when given the right roll. Think TM would have loved him. Great great loss for us! Wonder what really went on there? I do know fans always gave him a hard time and can't ever fathom why. His crossing skills are superb, and he knows what to do when he gets a sight of goal. His energy levels are immense, and if he gets sidelined in the Championship, we should try and get him back. A new set up under TM hopefully, would be attractive to him I suggest, and he still clearly has a soft spot for City...good luck to him anyway. Great guy, great player at this level.

Esoterica

Congrats to being a championship player

a championship player...again. I hope his 2 goals in 80 appearances over 3 seasons including a relegation, all at CCFC's expense, have helped improve him on his last showing there.

mighty quinn

Carl Baker found time in his preparation of a crucial must win game at MK to wish Cov all the best today hoping they beat the drop - He will get presented with his MK player of the year award today - what a guy
Top guy .sat in front of me at Swindon before the idiots let him go.better than anything he was watching on the pitch that day.

ps1948

a championship player...again. I hope his 2 goals in 80 appearances over 3 seasons including a relegation, all at CCFC's expense, have helped improve him on his last showing there.

Might that not be more down to the clowns that were playing alongside him?

rupert_bear

Pressley deemed he was not for him fair enough thats the managers parogitive He was replaced by a vastly inferiour player in O'Brien, But as we have witnessed this season Steve Pressley has no idea on who is good enough and who aint.

Last edited:

Macca

I heart Carl Baker, he's going straight into tonight's wank bank after that goal for another team

Esoterica

Might that not be more down to the clowns that were playing alongside him?

By your logic, would have been no point keeping him this season because of the shit Pressley would have surrounded him with

Westwood, Keogh, Cranie, Ben Turner, Gunnarsson, Jutkiewicz, King - all from the 2010/2011 season squad, where Baker scored 1 league goal in 32 games.

You fanboys have short memories. Baker is a decent player for League 1 and we should have kept him on a reduced salary when we let him go but he wasn't the hero people are making him out to be. He was a good player at this level who would have improved our current squad

nmp2327

We seem to remember Barker with rose coloured glasses, yes he had a superb start with us and had a good last half season, but in between he was dire. Do we not remember the uproar when he was given a 5 year contract. Yes a nice bloke, yes still loyal to the Cov fans, but would he really have made a difference this season?

covboy9

baker was a decent league 1 player, he wasnt released for footballing reasons he was on too much money and they needed hom off wage bill

A good player IMO. Two good feet miles ahead of what we have today. Wages or not the fact he wins player of the year and played so well go MK says it all. Look at the football league show and MK"s last game, scores and sets some up to.

Tonylinc

We seem to remember Barker with rose coloured glasses, yes he had a superb start with us and had a good last half season, but in between he was dire. Do we not remember the uproar when he was given a 5 year contract. Yes a nice bloke, yes still loyal to the Cov fans, but would he really have made a difference this season?
What are you on mate. With Carl Baker in our side this season we would not have been facing the shit that we were on the last day of the season!

lewys33

What are you on mate. With Carl Baker in our side this season we would not have been facing the shit that we were on the last day of the season!

So easy to forget the past .......... I'll say what I said before:

It was the right time for him to go. From our point of view he was a big earner, who was lagging. He didn't have a great season last season. He has gone to MK dons and rejuvenated himself and fair play to him. I am 99% sure he wouldn't have played that well this season if he was still wearing a city shirt. Nothing personal it's just the way it goes. he He needed a fresh start and whilst he wanted to stay I think he will admit that it was probably the best thing for him now.

Users who are viewing this thread