Baker Praising Cyrus Christie (1 Viewer)

city old boy

I should think so too as not only does he have to play at full back he also has to be a winger where Baker should be and not giving tha lad any help at all.

tippex9

Bore off....

ajsccfc

If that's where Baker should be, that's where he'd be. He's not a child getting lost in a supermarket.

Sawyer

Have to disagree there, Baker has been our best player this season (in my opinion) and its nice to see him praising the people who have helped him perform.

Sterling Archer

Jesus wept, how the hell have you turned Baker praising Christie into a pop at Baker?

I hate our fans at times I really do. We're a L1 team with L1 players. That is a fact and something we have to deal with. this means these players will invariably have flaws in their game because if they were better they would be playing for better clubs at a higher level.

Baker has what, 14/15 goals this season? FROM MIDFIELD!!! When was the last time we had a midfielder score that many? McSheff in 2005 when playing left wing?

Baker is one of very few players at the club prepared to try and create something out of nothing as opposed to opting for the easier sideways or backwards pass, yet seems to be a target for the boo boys. You can also tell he cares and has pride in being given the captaincy in his comments off the pitch and also his body language on it. For christs sake, the guy played through pain on Saturday to play for us before going off for an op.

Seriously, the whinging and slating of our players does my head in. Who would want to play for us if you're going to get groans and moans (and sometimes boos, un-f*cking believable that you'd boo your own players).

Some of you cretins need to look up the word "support" in the dictionary!

Mr B

Jesus wept, how the hell have you turned Baker praising Christie into a pop at Baker?

I hate our fans at times I really do. We're a L1 team with L1 players. That is a fact and something we have to deal with. this means these players will invariably have flaws in their game because if they were better they would be playing for better clubs at a higher level.

Baker has what, 14/15 goals this season? FROM MIDFIELD!!! When was the last time we had a midfielder score that many? McSheff in 2005 when playing left wing?

Baker is one of very few players at the club prepared to try and create something out of nothing as opposed to opting for the easier sideways or backwards pass, yet seems to be a target for the boo boys. You can also tell he cares and has pride in being given the captaincy in his comments off the pitch and also his body language on it. For christs sake, the guy played through pain on Saturday to play for us before going off for an op.

Seriously, the whinging and slating of our players does my head in. Who would want to play for us if you're going to get groans and moans (and sometimes boos, un-f*cking believable that you'd boo your own players).

Not to mention Baker had hardly threatened a bovines derrière with George Formby's favourite instrument before the start of this season, he has been cracking keep it up Mr Baker![/FONT][/SIZE]

1nilandwe...

What would you have preferred him to say?

'Yeah, the lad is doing a really good job, especially considering that I am so s**t. In fact, I don't even know why the gaffer plays me to be honest and I've no idea why I'm captain either. I think I might just give up now. Sit out the rest of the season on the bench, cashing my pay cheque and declining all interviews. At least then the fans would be happier and my mother wouldn't be so ashamed of me.'

Surely people, surely, we can all agree that we have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Can we not honestly bring ourselves as a collective group of likeminded individuals to pour scorn on the men in suits who have threatened to take away our football club, instead of the group of blokes in shorts who are simply trying to make us smile on a Saturday afternoon?

Gint11

Absolutely spot on Sterling. I tell you what as well, it was only 2-3 weeks ago Cyrus Christie was getting shot at on here, and his performances has been excellent. He does what we require of a right back and a right back come winger.

RichieGunns

I should think so too as not only does he have to play at full back he also has to be a winger where Baker should be and not giving tha lad any help at all.

Please do me a favour and do one.

Baker as everyone has said on here has been fantastic for us!

Moan about Mcsheffrey, I can understand that! But about Baker?

I don't understand some of you so called "Sky Blue" fans sometimes.

Booing players when they make one mistake...there not super heros!

They're flesh and blood like you and I and in that same respect, they make the same sort of mistakes as you or I! And their bodies are indestructable either.

So think about your comments next time before you make them, then your mouth might engage with your brain and realise your spouting utter crap!

pusbccfc

Baker also has 15 assists!

skybluesam66

i actually think we should play baker as a striker

he is very poor at simple passing - and his tackling and tracking back is woeful

you cannot dispute his goalscoring and assists

Stockport used to give him the free role behind the striker, and i think that can be his only position.

Cant pass/cant defend, but not scared to take a player on or get a shot away

skyblueads

Been a long time reader and not posted. Partly forgetting I set up a log in in the first place.

With a lone striker Baker has to be one of the three more advanced players getting in and around our furthest man forward who in recent weeks being Clarke acting as a pivot to bring others into the game.

Because Baker is furthest man wide on the right doesn't mean he's to stay there and play as a traditional winger, beating a full back to deliver each time. His position is more of an inside forward, cutting in to combine and finish with the left just as much as beating opponents down the right to deliver.

Baker does this very well and as rightly pointed out, whilst stats don't tell a whole story it's hard to knock his goals scored and assists.

Baker has been player of the season by a mile! I've loved watching him grow into the captains role, doesn't shy away and takes the abuse that he gets every week without raising an eyelid.

I say this as a fan who had written him off as useless last season; can't fault his contribution this year!

Mucca Mad Boys

Baker is actually not bad at defensive work, especially if you compare him to McSheffrey...

Users who are viewing this thread