baker out for most of the season (1 Viewer)

Marty

It's not good. I've been his biggest critic but he was superb on Saturday. More of that and we may have had a chance of survival. How is it good?

He's been shite all season, 2 half decent performance's and hes a world beater again. He had a good solid game on Saturday against a poor left back.

Otis

I think he had a great game on Saturday. He also played really well against Palace.

Could have been that he finally found his form. Guess now we'll never know.

Brighton Sky Blue

Loans are permitted under embargo if you only have 14 or fewer 'first team squad members' available for selection. These are defined as anyone who's been named in the first team squad in a league fixture-doesn't include people who haven't played. As Portsmouth haven't played any of their kids, they meet this exemption requirement.

@richh87

Loans are permitted under embargo if you only have 14 or fewer 'first team squad members' available for selection. These are defined as anyone who's been named in the first team squad in a league fixture-doesn't include people who haven't played. As Portsmouth haven't played any of their kids, they meet this exemption requirement.

Another joke rule by the FA. So we get punished for using the kids - but they simply refuse and get experienced loans in.

Brighton Sky Blue

Another joke rule by the FA. So we get punished for using the kids - but they simply refuse and get experienced loans in.

It's the Football League's rule, not the FA-though you're pretty much right; Pompey have exploited a loophole to get themselves some more signings. Difficult to argue that we wouldn't do the same in that situation though-then again, are we likely to get to their level of mess? Doubtful.

Skyblueweeman

It's the Football League's rule, not the FA-though you're pretty much right; Pompey have exploited a loophole to get themselves some more signings. Difficult to argue that we wouldn't do the same in that situation though-then again, are we likely to get to their level of mess? Doubtful.

So we're even rubbish at cheating?! :facepalm::whistle:

pusbccfc

Bakers out for the season.

EleanorRigby

We have the players to put out a decent or atleast capable midfield. There's Bell. Clingan' Deegan' young Norwood, Hussey can play wide as can McSheffrey then there's Bigi and Connor Thomas plenty of knowhow there.

johnwillomagic

Now Baker being out while he was in form is a blow.....however I still do not rate him overall and doubt he would have put on a third good performance anyhow. It is time for our other Mr Inconsistent Bell to turn in one of his rare good games now just as Baker has done in the last two.

Personally if I had to lose anybody Baker would be quite high in my if I had to lose one it would be him list. We are reasonably covered in midfield, arguably Bell, Thomas or Christie could play out on right.....no need to go back to Diamond. I would still plump for Bell and if he his serving up Rubbish swap him at half time for one of the youngsters.....Thomas or Christie or hell even Biggie as he may be very confident after his award.

Still have a good feeling about Saturdays game.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread