Baker on Wrexham result (1 Viewer)

Sky Blues

http://aggbot.com/Coventry-City-News/694/article/17466204

Coventry midfielder Carl Baker revealed boss Andy Thorn was furious with the players after their 4-1 pre-season defeat at Wrexham.
Baker, 29, played the full 90 minutes and his deep disappointment at the display was matched by his manager.
"It was an unacceptable performance from the players and none of us are happy with what happened," Baker told the club's official website.
"The manager has made sure we know he's not happy with that. Him, Richard Shaw and Lee Carsley had a right go and it's completely deserved if I'm honest.
"It is not enough from us and we have to improve. I suppose we want it to happen now though in pre-season where we can work on it and get things right.
"The defending wasn't acceptable as we got lads turning their back on the ball which you can't do. You've got to be prepared to take a ball in the face to stop goals."

Sky Blue Sheepy

Tbh Baker sounds like he's been one of the better players during our pre-season. Really hope he does well this year as he showed glimpses of really good play last year once he got going (nice way of saying he was terrible for the first third of the season).
As for the comments, justified but this is practically a brand new team. Hopefully they'll gel sooner rather than later and can become the powerhouse they should be on paper.

ClarrieB

Oh no - the poor lads - sounds like the coaching team were weally angwy - it was all the players fault - even baker said so :facepalm:

Sky Blues

Maybe it is same old, same old, but there was some criticism of colleagues there and that, I thought, was a bit different. I don't want to read too much into it, but it doesn't sound the happiest of camps at the minute.

skyblue1523

why not make new contracts for every team member if you win you get paid with a win bouns if you draw 0.75% of wages a loss you get half your wages i'm sure they would give their all then.

ccfc92

why not make new contracts for every team member if you win you get paid with a win bouns if you draw 0.75% of wages a loss you get half your wages i'm sure they would give their all then.

Excellent idea, Ive thought of that for a while. But to be fair, they would all leave, then we would be screwed :thinking about:

The CableGuy

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

New season. Same shit.

City lose, "that was unacceptable blah blah below our standard blah there will be a response blah."

Response? None.

Had this crap last season.

skybluegod

guys TBH you talk about them talking about the same old crap when all this forum has become is thorn out "same old crap" or this is this is the formation thorn should play "same old crap".

pusbccfc

Baker is a top lad, has been treated very poorly since being at Cov (Hoofthroyd putting him wide).
He does a lot of charity work for leukaemia after what happened to his brother.

He lives in Meridan, I spoke to him once in the local butchers when he was with his wife(she's not half bad :D) and kids.
He told me how he's struggled at Cov with playing wide and would love to be back at CAM behind the strikers and how Boothroyd ruined many players when he was at the club.
He added he does love the club and would love to make an impact in the upcoming season before buying his steak for the night and leaving!

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Baker is a top lad, has been treated very pore since being at Cov (Hoofthroyd putting him wide).
He does a lot of charity work for leukaemia after what happened to his brother.

He lives in Meridan, I spoke to him once in the local butchers when he was with his wife(she's not half bad :D) and kids.
He told me how he's struggled at Cov with playing wide and would love to be back at CAM behind the strikers and how Boothroyd ruined many players when he was at the club.
He added he does love the club and would love to make an impact in the upcoming season before buying his steak for the night and leaving!

I would like to see him in that role beside deegs and killer for dome goals and creativity but we don't have any wingers

lordsummerisle

Something else we'll get is when somebody eventually scores a goal after not scoring for a while(My guess this season, Cody or Mcsheffrey),.

It'll be "That will kickstart my season, target 20 goals now" Guaranteed similar headline in The Telegraph.

dongonzalos

I knew dongso was actually Thorn. Sorry, Thornsy

I dont know, what you are talking about all I know is I will be giving it 220 percent as a fan this season.

This is a marathon not a sprint and I have been given my assurances as a fan from SISU that things will change.

Can you tell me how to read Twitter by the way.

1nilandwe...

Is it just me, or does anyone else completely disagree with those saying that it's 'same old, same old' from last season.

Last season we DID put our bodies on the line (most at least) and the performances largely were NOT awful (again, in the most part). We were just not as good as everybody else.

Surely what Baker is saying here is that the performances CAN improve from Wrexham/Nuneaton and they will have to to make an impression on the league. AT was largely happy with the performances last season, but now he is not. So it's the exact opposite to the 'same old shit' he keeps coming out with.

And to whoever is saying that Baker is shit, shut up until you can contribute something constructive.

Macca

I dont know, what you are talking about all I know is I will be giving it 220 percent as a fan this season.

This is a marathon not a sprint and I have been given my assurances as a fan from SISU that things will change.

Can you tell me how to read Twitter by the way.

Twitter? No idea. Just a light hearted comnent on adopting thorn speak :)

Hateley's Heed

And to whoever is saying that Baker is shit, shut up until you can contribute something constructive.[/QUOTE]

Something like 2 goals in his attacking midfield role with not many more assists doesn't convince me he is isn't. Him and Bell have probably got 5 good games between them in a season.

johnwillomagic

I am not Baker's biggest fan tbh.....however I think league 1 may be about his standard so looking for him to prove me right about his level and have a great season.

The problem is he has always talked a good game but has hardly ever delivered! :(
At least Thorn bless him talks a bad game and also does not deliver so is consistent!:pimp:

Users who are viewing this thread