Baker & Moussa (1 Viewer)

Lancs85

I feel people may disagree with me here but only saying how I feel this morning. First of all Baker I am his biggest fan and I think he is a great player but it just wasn’t his night last night nothing went right for him at all. Don’t get me wrong he will always put 110% in but I felt when we were 2-0 down we needed a Captain/Leader to calm everyone down and get our shape back and strange to say it see the game out as I still would of fancied us at Crewe but the 3rd goal is a killer but they all seemed to go crazy Baker included. As for Moussa again massive fan and I am still in shock how a player can play like he did on Friday & then that last night? I may be wrong but I have been to a lot of away games and Moussa seems to play so much better away from home than at home, I can’t think of a home again where he has played well but Sheff Utd, Colchester, Stevenage & MK away top class?

Just a few thought sorry to bore you all!

covcity4life

he did well but last 15 mins he didnt do nothing like the rest of them

there was no urgency to make attacking runs which was odd as 1 goal could have been vital for us

Otis

Agree with you about Moussa, but I thought Baker played very well until the final 15 mins.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Nothing went right for Baker at all? I counted at least four times when he beat either one ir two men and played dangerous balls into the box, surely?!?

ShInnbob

Baker and Sheffers both looked good. Created a lot of chances and both went close. It was after they scored the 2nd everyone just looked to be tired etc and suddenly we lacked any attacking threat

Lancs85

Regarding Baker yeah I agree it was more the last 15 minutes but I taking mainly about his Captain skills. He should have pulled everyone together at 2-0 and been a leader as in get our shape back as Robins said we were naive and was a 2 legged game and would of fancied us going there 2-0 down. I still love Baker though dont get me wrong easily our player of the season!

eyeseye_us

there was no urgency to make attacking runs which was odd as 1 goal could have been vital for us

i might be off the mark here but ,imho , the formation played ( elliot and clarke up front ) would have had robins maybe tell moussa NOT to push up as we have seen him do a lot of previously under the 4-5-1 formation?!!

cmoncity

for me moose was played to deep last night to influence the game.baker and sheff were our main dangers last night

stupot07

Baker and Christie were both very selfish in the last 15 mins, playing with their heads down.

covcity4life

yeh christie dribbles that lil bit too much sometimes and runs into trouble

hes always on about doing the ronaldo chop and he looks for it way too much, needs to simplify his game a tad

pusbccfc

Baker was brilliant till the last 15 where he and the rest of the team has an answer for Crewe.

If the front 2 could finish, baker would of had 3 assists in the first half.

wingy

Bakers legs were gone in the last 15, the pitch is also a disgrace and hampered our play,they've cooked the fookin grass off it .We set up wrong last night ,back to 4-5-1 please.

Greggs

The silly naive attacking runs were the things that cost us. We tried to win the tie last night, lost all shape and got punished. Gutted

Bakers legs were gone in the last 15, the pitch is also a disgrace and hampered our play,they've cooked the fookin grass off it .We set up wrong last night ,back to 4-5-1 please.

Agreed - the only reason baker looked lazy last 15 is because he was knackered, ran his bollocks off for me. Also heard he posted on his facebook some ridiculous abusive comments from a 'fan', just what we want for our captain who everyone's been raving about recently.

ashbyjan

Thought Baker was superb last night until the pudding of a pitch just sapped all strength from him, lead by example and created numerous chances for himself and others. Sheff also looked right up for it, bit selfish at times but still a real threat. Moussa was poor but again he is a dribbler and the quagmire in the middle of the park simply didn't help his game, always slipping and looking ineffective. Can only assume Bailey still not fully fit as he is by far our best central midfielder, also Connor Thomas could have done a better job. As for the cretin giving Baker abuse it just beggars belief - Baker has been superb since MR came in.

Mucca Mad Boys

Baker looked injured as the game wore on, I hope he hasn't made his injury worse.

Moussa just can't play CM in a 4-4-2, he's shit in that role, no freedom, doesn't have the space to 'work his magic', LM or CAM please!

McSheffrey wasn't great, but then again, no one was, Clarke was shit, Elliott was shit, Jenno wasn't great, Edj, shit, Wood, not great, Christie wasn't great, Adams was OKish, Dunn, he should be shot (hyperbole) and the only person not to do anything wrong was Murphy.

torchomatic

Why oh why oh why, etc did MR take Elliott off?

RichieGunns

I felt Baker was trying too hard.

He was clearly our MOM but he seemed like he took the whole teams frustration onto his shoulders in the last 15 minute.

Baker needed to calm down I think but he just couldn't stop all his worries and anger (at what had happened) from overwhelming him.

Once that happened, everything he tried just didn't go well for him.

McSheffrey annoyed me tonight!

He was really good for good stretches of the match, running at the defence, chasing the ball if he lost it, but then he would go missing for certain parts.

He also allowed his gread to come through just before he went off. He got the ball from the lad in the corner but instead of laying it off to those in box he blazed it over the post.

We could have scored if he'd just thought about it and given it to Clarke!

Oh and Ball was a none entity. More suited to Rugby than football!

Last edited:

RichieGunns

Why oh why oh why, etc did MR take Elliott off?

He took a knock from one of the Crewe players and forced himself to play through the pain barrier.

MR took him off when he realised Elliot couldn't play on in his injured state!

Elliot was desperate to score for us. Had the passion that I've come to expect from Baker so I was gutted when he didn't score (and he should have done) and then had to be taken off!

ashbyjan

By the time he came off Elliott could hardly move, not sure if it was injury or simply run himself into the ground

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I felt Baker was too greedy at times! Yes we needed a goal but there were better opportunities of setting someone else up rather than shooting!

That said, Sheff took the crown for being te greediest player on the pitch and wasted far too many opportunities by thinking he was "better than Henry" (or Rooney whichever version of that god awful song you use). Was pleased to see him leave the field.

Moussa always seems to go very hot and cold! I suppose he has his contract now so we may see that more often.

covboy9

Moussa can play in 4-4-2 just had a bad game, he shudave made way at 1nil, we missed Bailey badly, I though Baker plaeayed well, Clarke let his teamates down hes shite, cant kick a ball

Grendel

I felt Baker was too greedy at times! Yes we needed a goal but there were better opportunities of setting someone else up rather than shooting!

That said, Sheff took the crown for being te greediest player on the pitch and wasted far too many opportunities by thinking he was "better than Henry" (or Rooney whichever version of that god awful song you use). Was pleased to see him leave the field.

Moussa always seems to go very hot and cold! I suppose he has his contract now so we may see that more often.

Mcsheffrey was the biggest attacking threat by far. It was his best performance for a considerable time.

RichieGunns

Clarke let his teamates down hes shite, cant kick a ball

Clarke was trying all these neat little flick ons from goal kicks and passes and they would have been fantastic if it wasn't for the fact that 9/10 times he did it, there was a Crewe player standing where he flicked the ball too.

And also on several occassions he chose to pass the ball quickly instead of looking up briefly to see his options.

If he'd just looked first, there were players he could have passed too that were in better positions than the ones he actually past the ball too.

I just think that on this occassions, like Moussa, he was having a mare!

kdrinkell

Moussa was guilty of misplacing passes a fair few times,Baker was a lot better I thought.

oakey

Fans that have been only to home games probably wonder about Moussa, OP is right there. Only glimpses of quality in home games ... He seems to play only in short bursts.
Baker cannot be faulted as he was our best player again last night ... Though Elliott ran him close.

RichieGunns

Fans that have been only to home games probably wonder about Moussa, OP is right there. Only glimpses of quality in home games ... He seems to play only in short bursts.
Baker cannot be faulted as he was our best player again last night ... Though Elliott ran him close.

I said this in another post!

Baker was our MOM with Elliot coming close!

Elliot was a superstar and I just hope he's fit to play on Saturday!

Maybe Clarke will be dropped to the bench with Elliot being our loan striker!

Elliot was creating his own chances as well taking chances created for him!

Users who are viewing this thread