Baker Feast & famine - all in the same game (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

Baker did some great things especially that run in the second half, but equally was often very poor, sheffers short corner played to his feet and he was so weak and was easily dispossessed. there were also some aimless punts as well but he offered little support to cyrus when Cyrus was going forward.

stupot07

I must say I thought baker was poor today apart from the odd price of magic. He constantly lost possession especially in the first half.

CCFC_Charlie

There was many times Baker was the only player looking to go forward in the first half. I'd rather he lost possession in the opposition half trying to create something than passing it back to Jennings or Bailey who'll then play it back to Martin or Edjenguele to hoof up to McDonald.

Baginton

Baker started off alright today, but did return to his usual shite shortly after, loses the ball far too easily week after week, gives away too many needless fouls week after week, and in my opinion is really bad at positioning when Christie is looking for an outlet, what the hell does Bell have to do to get a start !

yeah he's the top goalscores, also top of yellow cards rceived and top fouls against, and defo top of losing the ball.

Several times per game I raise my eyes to the roof and it is usually Baker who has fooked up.

yet people love him, great captain, player of the season, leads by example :facepalm:

we'll have to agree to disagree on this one majority.

theferret

14 goals from midfield and many assists. A trier too. Not much more to be said for me.

He made some errors today, but was always involved and always wants the ball. Bailey can prance about all game hardly involved making the odd sideways pass and he seems to escape criticism completely.

shy_tall_knight

He really needs to work on retaining the ball as although he tends to lose the ball high up the pitch it does allow the opposition to counter attack, I think the Yeovil winner came from baker losing the ball just outside their box.

With cyrus is running forward baker jogs behind rather than offering an outlet outside or inside

Nonleagueherewecome

He made some errors and his head visibly dipped when he was unceremoniously booed for them, but given that he's been playing with a knock he also did some brilliant things, especially in the last 10 minutes. I think we need to cut the guy some slack, he's our Player of the Year for me.

theferret

He made some errors and his head visibly dipped when he was unceremoniously booed for them, but given that he's been playing with a knock he also did some brilliant things, especially in the last 10 minutes. I think we need to cut the guy some slack, he's our Player of the Year for me.

Didn't hear any abuse of Baker today. The odd groan at a misplaced pass doesn't constitute booing does it? Now Sheff was booed...

percy

baker is quality. his main problem though is that he doesnt go hiding in games and this is the reason he gets stick. he might lose the ball, have some waywood shots but he still keeps going, always looking to make amends. too often, players balls up and go missing he aint one of them. good captain and player of the season for me so far.

Users who are viewing this thread