Bakayoko injury (2 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t really think it was a foul but this is where we don’t do well all hell should broken lose to put pressure on the referee to make a decision. If that had been Marosi against Bournemouth do you think they would have all stood there?

We have to get nastier especially up front we need to leave one on the keeper.

Grendel

An outfield player tackles another and takes the ball, it's okay. If as part of the same action, he then follows through and injures the player, that is a foul in my book. Same with keepers. Punch the ball fine but if you make contact with an opposition player as followthrough, that should be deemed dangerous play.

He’s punching the ball as the forward is preventing a catch. You’d have 20 penalties a game as you’d just lump balls into the box and if the keeper catches it just let them make contact with a forward

Frostie

Sorry, how is that any different from the pen Wilson gave away? He also saved the ball then clattered the forward. As someone else said apparently for outfield players it doesn’t even matter if you win the ball these days.

No consistency at all.

I'm assuming you mean the Rotherham one? The Norwich one was a howler by the ref who somehow failed to see him get both hands on the ball.

If so, totally different, look at the way Wilson comes out, he doesn't get the ball, their player does & he studs him in the upper thigh.
Screenshot_20210203-131425~2.png

shmmeee

I'm assuming you mean the Rotherham one? The Norwich one was a howler by the ref who somehow failed to see him get both hands on the ball.

If so, totally different, look at the way Wilson comes out, he doesn't get the ball, their player does & he studs him in the upper thigh.
View attachment 18600

Ah misremembered. I thought he’s saved it then followed through.

Still think there’s no consistency.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Sorry, how is that any different from the pen Wilson gave away? He also saved the ball then clattered the forward. As someone else said apparently for outfield players it doesn’t even matter if you win the ball these days.

No consistency at all.
I'm not saying it was am I? Are we talking the Norwich penalty? If so, it's one that went against us and probably shouldn't have. I know we want complete consistency with refs but if we all think the Wilson one was a mistake than surely we agree this was also okay?

shmmeee

I'm not saying it was am I? Are we talking the Norwich penalty? If so, it's one that went against us and probably shouldn't have. I know we want complete consistency with refs but if we all think the Wilson one was a mistake than surely we agree this was also okay?

I may be misunderstanding the specific instance see above.

It’s just frustrating as a new team to the league. You could see with Hamer yesterday when he got sent off earlier in the season for a tickle on the cheek then someone trips him over in front of the ref and nothing happens.

Personally I think if you get the ball in any situation you’re good, but I’ve no idea what the actual rules are.

Nick

Administrator
You cant win the ball and smash the player any more as an outfield player.

You can't stand near a keeper.

You can get absolutely cleaned out by one though.

What happens if somebody tries to do overhead kicks and keeps kicking players in the head?

bringbackrattles

Loved Oggy's quick reaction to the incident, saying the keeper was blameless. The goalkeeper's union. Probably wasnt anybody's fault as these things happen, but keepers have always been protected.

Sky Blue Pete

I may be misunderstanding the specific instance see above.

It’s just frustrating as a new team to the league. You could see with Hamer yesterday when he got sent off earlier in the season for a tickle on the cheek then someone trips him over in front of the ref and nothing happens.

Personally I think if you get the ball in any situation you’re good, but I’ve no idea what the actual rules are.
I’ve put them up the thread and I can’t understand how the keepers actions aren’t reckless

Grendel

But the laws say if you endanger the safety of an opponent. Did he really not endanger the safety??

By what? Using his fist to punch the ball? So if there’s a clash of heads that’s dangerous isn’t it? Man you really are overthinking this. It was not a foul and a great piece of goal keeping - they ran into each other

Users who are viewing this thread