Bad news + have your say on what kcic should do next! (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Nov 12, 2012
Coventry
Latest kcic email has just been sent and is copied here -

Do you want the bad news, the bad news or the bad news?

•On Sunday our 130 year old, FA Cup winning, Premier League founding Club played a scheduled home league fixture in front of less than a thousand paying Sky Blues fans

•Today's Coventry Telegraph has an advert for Aston Villa - completely humiliating

•Sunday was a massive wake up call because a great opportunity to publicise our plight was wasted because of lack of unity

So what do we do - have your say!

The situation facing CCFC is dire and the usual kcic wing and a prayer approach is unsustainable. kcic has worked through an informal network of people doing what they can to help - kcic has no organisational structure, no members and no money. kcic has several current initiatives different people are working on e.g. the campaign for an Independent Inquiry is ready to be launched, there is planning for a theme of candlelight vigils including one at the Cathedral, someone else is designing a range of kcic shirts etc, plus there's ideas for a Lady Godiva led event in London, a Zombie Walk (ripping the heart out of CCFC!), and so on. But the seriousness of the situation CCFC is in needs something more than an informal group of people doing what they can.

We are fortunate that we already have the Sky Blue Trust. The Trust organised the first protests at the Football League and sisu offices, the brilliant 7,000 strong march and rally, the Legends game with the Former Players Association, and a lot more besides. It is a legally constituted, democratic body run by fans for fans and has a committee, members and resources including a Fighting Fund.

So kcic faces a simple choice:

1. kcic could set itself up on a more formal basis, but this would in effect make it a rival to the Sky Blue Trust;

or

2. kcic could be mothballed and hand over to the Trust the plans for current initiatives, for the Trust then to choose those it wishes to pursue.

My view is that option 1 would be a huge mistake and to have a single, unified, powerful voice for fans means option 2 has got to be the way forward. But it would be good to hear what you think so please email [email protected] and for the subject just put the number of which option you prefer: 1 or 2.

Cheers,

Michael

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
I would say number 2, have one main body.

I am not too sure about some of the cheesie suggestions like a Zombie Walk though to be honest but I think it would be great to have 1 group for everything rather than one for this, one for that, a campaign from one person which contradicts another campaign from somewhere else.

sky blue zam

Mar 25, 2011
when i became a trust member, i did so because they shared my view of sisu and organised goid protests and were very anti seppala. now, to me they have just perched themselves on the fence. i might be very wrong about that but just my view.

in regards to protests in the future, would be a great idea to get some nationally known people involved. i.e. graeme hawley, bobby gould, john sillet and george curtis, huckerby, the enemy or at a real push clive owen. some of these people hve made it very known how they feel about the situation and im sure if asked may get involved.

but my option is number 1

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
To be fair I want the trust to be taken seriously and be a force. I don't want them to be stooping down to draw muppets or writing things that are perceived to be funny on bits of paper.

I think to be taken seriously it should be professional and from the latest comments it is starting to look a lot better.

SIR ERNIE

Aug 3, 2013
UK
"•Sunday was a massive wake up call because a great opportunity to publicise our plight was wasted because of lack of unity"

Utter rubbish

There is almost total unity (90%) in boycotting Sixfields and boy, IT SHOWED on Sky Sports.

NOPM

TurkeyTrot

Nov 12, 2012
Far as I'm concerned any sort of protest is good, don't matter if only a few turn up if it gets publicity. Two points about Sunday.
The stay away fans spoke louder than anything about this whole sorry affair. The Sky cameras showing those on the hill was the cherry on the cake.
I think we have to move to another level to get all the sides talking. I don't agree that we (protesters and stay away fans) ain't going to change anything. I think we can influence our future. It's ok raising awareness but if everyone is aware of our situation and just shrugs their shoulders then its not really achieving anything. We need to do something that not only brings the fans together but brings the warring parties together.
Time to forget blame, that's in the past, we need to look to the future and at the moment the future looks pretty bleak. It don't matter a monkeys chuff who's fault it was if in three/ five years time our club is either still playing in Northampton or ceases to exist. Time for the fans to get together on this, have a mouthful of humble pie and start to build bridges with each other. I think most fans starting point is to get Cov back in Cov. Maybe we start it on here? Any SISU rent boys (is that the term we use? :) or Lucas lovers or ACL apologist or hillbillies fancy meeting up? I have an idea.

mds

Nov 24, 2008
Coventry.
1 is viable, but has to be done in a professional manner. No petty, personal or derogatory attacks on people, property or companies, well thought out and executed protests and why couldnt KCIC and Trust work in tandem, its not my dads bigger than your dad, there is a common goal?
The independant enquiry is a good idea and could have some mileage if promoted and campaigned in the right way. Structure with targets and goals.
Maybe im being a bit naive in my thinking but there is room for more than one group to be fighting on our behalf.

Voice_of_Reason

Jul 20, 2010
I would say number 2, have one main body.

I am not too sure about some of the cheesie suggestions like a Zombie Walk though to be honest but I think it would be great to have 1 group for everything rather than one for this, one for that, a campaign from one person which contradicts another campaign from somewhere else.

I agree, one united front to get CCFC back at the Ricoh a.s.a.p.

cochese

Feb 22, 2013
Adelaide
I'd like to see a fans group try and work with the club rather than against it. That doesn't mean they have to support everything they do, but to at least be professional enough to ask the right questions of the club to make sure they really are doing the best things for the long term future of the club. My impressions so far are that they have been too focused on trying to get rid of SISU rather than trying to be a voice for the supporters. If you don't talk directly to the people who are running the club, how do you know that the true feelings of the fans are being heard?

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
I'd like to see a fans group try and work with the club rather than against it. That doesn't mean they have to support everything they do, but to at least be professional enough to ask the right questions of the club to make sure they really are doing the best things for the long term future of the club. My impressions so far are that they have been too focused on trying to get rid of SISU rather than trying to be a voice for the supporters. If you don't talk directly to the people who are running the club, how do you know that the true feelings of the fans are being heard?

Spot.on and I think the trust have recognised that,.hopefully.

Steve.B50

Jan 27, 2012

Agreed
I cannot see anyway out of this silly mess unless we talk to our owners.

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
That's the key for me. Some of the protest ideas and associated paraphernalia have been embarrassing and unprofessional.

To be fair I want the trust to be taken seriously and be a force. I don't want them to be stooping down to draw muppets or writing things that are perceived to be funny on bits of paper.

I think to be taken seriously it should be professional and from the latest comments it is starting to look a lot better.

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
inspired by the vile advert, could the trust take some of the fighting fund and place an add in one of the London city news papers that the financial type's read stating the fact's of what shitsu have said would happen and what actually happened, where they said things were and where they actually were (if you get my drift ;) )? nothing speculative or slanderous, just the facts. the facts will speak for themselves and can only show shitsu up for what they are and point out to investors/potential investors what their money is/could be doing.

Grappa

Jun 20, 2013
inspired by the vile advert, could the trust take some of the fighting fund and place an add in one of the London city news papers that the financial type's read stating the fact's of what shitsu have said would happen and what actually happened, where they said things were and where they actually were (if you get my drift ;) )? nothing speculative or slanderous, just the facts. the facts will speak for themselves and can only show shitsu up for what they are and point out to investors/potential investors what their money is/could be doing.

Do you have a learning disability?

hill83

Sep 15, 2008
Coventry

tumblr_lys9slm8zP1qa2szuo1_250.gif

Leamington Pete

Jul 20, 2012
"•Sunday was a massive wake up call because a great opportunity to publicise our plight was wasted because of lack of unity"

Utter rubbish

There is almost total unity (90%) in boycotting Sixfields and boy, IT SHOWED on Sky Sports.

NOPM

Absolutely agree with this post. I think anyone watching Sky would have been aware of a massive boycott of Sixfields by City fans. This (along with the Hill protest and supportive commentaries from Sky) must have been humiliating for SISU. There is no doubt things are not going to plan for the owners. We must stand firm. The house of cards is beginning to wobble.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

Should the advert refer to them as Shitsu? What are the facts?

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
Jesus, I am pretty sure he is asking you what the facts are otherwise he would have said "There are no facts"?

i know that Nick. I've been reading too many of grendulls post and have started applying his logic to my replies to see if i can win over the shitsu apologist.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
i know that Nick. I've been reading too many of grendulls post and have started applying his logic to my replies to see if i can win over the shitsu apologist.

So you are now accusing me of stealing your car?

(That is how random some of the replies are, they just don't make any sense)

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
So you are now accusing me of stealing your car?

(That is how random some of the replies are, they just don't make any sense)

that's it, you've got it. its not fair that its just grendull's game. lets all join in.

mds

Nov 24, 2008
Coventry.
inspired by the vile advert, could the trust take some of the fighting fund and place an add in one of the London city news papers that the financial type's read stating the fact's of what SISU have said would happen and what actually happened, where they said things were and where they actually were (if you get my drift ;) )? nothing speculative or slanderous, just the facts. the facts will speak for themselves and can only show SISU up for what they are and point out to investors/potential investors what their money is/could be doing.

What did SISU say would happen, what did happen ?
Where were things, where did they say they were?
Everything, you me and anyone that wasnt in on the meetings and agreements say is speculation, the facts are speaking for themselves.

The problem with that is taking out a full page spread stating what was wasnt could should did and didnt and any other colour you choose to call SISU could and probably would end up making a few people trying to show SISU up look silly and end up in court. Your not talking about Franks corner shop, they are a multi million pound company with billion pound friends, with legal teams to suit, they can employ the best to exploit every loophole they come across, while them or their tactics are not to everyones taste i would imagine that pretty much all of it is within the scope of the law.
And again, maybe im being naive, but to post anything in a national financial paper with anything but facts, which i dont have, maybe someone does, maybe you are in the know, IDK but it would be political suicide.

If you have facts fine push forward and expose them for what they are, if your going on wishful thinking and a wing and a prayer, i suggest you start praying!

SonOfSnoz

Jun 21, 2013
The low attendance plus the brilliant behaviour of the hillers did a fab protest job!
But.....Sisu are not in it for good publicity, they are a hedge fund bailing out distressed companies!
Joy must be delighted with the free negative publicity, cos it makes more distressed companies aware of her services!
Oh & profit!

Covstu

Aug 17, 2008
Costa del Cov
I actually agree with Michael in that the Sheff Utd was a missed opportunity, it was hardly a case of every saying how empty the stadium was, you turn on the next league one/Two game on sky and it would look the same.

People staying at home are easily forgotten (SISU might disagree on the financials) but the even through the town centre really raised the profile of the trust and our plight and it was something that everyone could join in rather than trek the 35 miles over to sixfields. The whole protest thing needs to be joined up, needs to be carefully planned and well advertised, get local businesses supporting it etc.

All this aside, I agree with the point on ensuring the trust is seen as the link between the football club and the fans, at the moment this just isn't happening.

Users who are viewing this thread