Bad Luck (1 Viewer)

MatthewWallis

Tom Ross just tweeted saying only 5 players who played on Saturday trained this morning. For the first time this season I will agree with AT and say that we are having bad luck :( do we have any serious chance of winning tomorrow when only 5/14 players from Saturday are currently fit enough??

coop

you make your own luck and i couldn't see us winning tomorrow with a fully fit squad anyway but i hope im wrong.

Bad luck over a couple of games? No, not for me... a season is played over 9 months/46 games....yes, unfortunate with injuries, but whether you blame a lack of investment/managerial decisions/inadequate training or conditioning is one thing, but luck has little to do with it over such a long season.

In a World Cup campaign of 6 games, or a cup tie, where one decision can knock you out, I may entertain the 'we woz unlucky' argument...but not over 46 games.

Otis

Fook me we are cursed!! :eek:

Just can't see us beating Millwall. Not with all the mounting injuries.

Otis

Well we do know this;

Platt, Nimely, Cody, Hussey, Deegan and Clarke are all carrying injuries. There's 6 players there.

Sutty

I'm bringing my boots.

I've not played properly for about 4 years and I'm a bit injury prone but if I'm needed...

1nilandwe...

I don't think it's bad luck. It's almost an inevitability that with such a small squad we're going to get tired legs and that will lead to injuries. It's been a busy couple of weeks and it's catching up with us very quickly.

If you look at those injured players I think I'm right in saying that none of them have ever played so much football at this level as they're having to do now. They're suffering.

Otis

I don't think it's bad luck. It's almost an inevitability that with such a small squad we're going to get tired legs and that will lead to injuries. It's been a busy couple of weeks and it's catching up with us very quickly.

If you look at those injured players I think I'm right in saying that none of them have ever played so much football at this level as they're having to do now. They're suffering.

Well i think this is it in a nutshell. We have had to play players who are tired and players who are carrying injuries. Tired players can obviously easily pick up injuries and players carrying injuries obviously run the risk of having their injuries worsen.

grego_gee

You take a gamble with a small squad.
Logic says the pinch will come at the end of the season! :pimp:

:blue:

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm a cripple and after many back operations i have to use a bloody awful stick to help me get along,so i'm completely fooked and as my missus tells me,(a lot), if I was any other animal i would have been put down, but if needed i will get my boots down from the loft.

I have'nt worn these or even seen them for 16 years, so i will need a lot of help first getting them clean, as i know i never cleaned them the last match i played,infact I never cleaned them, so if any on here can help with that ,I will take to the field in my beloved skyblue and play upfront with Cody,and he can run onto the balls I put through after i've just whacked there center halfs in the bollocks with my stick.

Its my one and only offer to come out of retirement , but would totally understand if AT told me to Fook Off, but i would give 110% so i may still be better than half the team.

The Rev

torchomatic

Nonsense. Unless, you make yourself win the lottery every week.

you make your own luck and i couldn't see us winning tomorrow with a fully fit squad anyway but i hope im wrong.

Nick

Administrator

That shouldn't be an excuse though should it? Other teams / players play more than we do. I know other teams can rotate more but some players still play as much if not more. It is not like we had those cup runs which gave us 10 extra games.

Macca

Disastorous form before xmas and bottling 3 big games would be more of a factor than luck in playing div 3 football next year. Hell I m embracing it can t wait to stand again

Nick

Administrator
We can't use injuries as an excuse, if we go down because of 1 or two points then just as much blame could be given to individual mistakes to give away goals or management decisions that have cost points at the start of the season that goes towards the owners.

If we end up going down by 2 points, then just blame Juke for that 93rd min penalty miss against Reading because he isn't here anymore.

percy

im amazed that 5 of them are in. a day off would be more beneficial, i think. then back in in the morning for a light session and headcount ready for tomorrow night

ccfcway

Wheres Wood ???

he has dropped off the face of the earth, when was the last time he played ?

Grendel

If we end up going down by 2 points, then just blame Juke for that 93rd min penalty miss against Reading because he isn't here anymore.

Likely that we will go down by only a couple of points. The latest injury crises is a factor but it will raise uncomfortable questions;

Last minute throw aways at Blackpool and Palace
Last minute blunders against Ipswich and Blackpool (home)
Insipid, useless displays in the first half of the season
Dire away form all season

100% lack of investment if we were relegated by Christmas, but to finish as close as we will means other factors come into play.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

For once I don't find myself wholeheartedly disagreeing with you duffy. However, I would like to add to your list.

We lost 5 key, and I mean key members of the first team squad compared to last year. King, Turner, Gunnarsson, Westwood and Jutkiewitz. We have loaned out Eastwood, ROD and McPake. Yet only been able to fund two youngsters coming in.

What if that two could have been stretched to 4 loanees? Bristol City, for example, currently have 8. What could two more players, of the ilk of Norwood and Nimely have done? Enough? Hmmm...

blueflint

were in deep do do again we should of done better earlier in the season then it wouldn't be a problem now :eek::eek::eek::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread