Backroom staff have to go (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

I am sorry but the new manager that comes in has every right to appoint his own backroom staff.

The players clearly either don't listen or give a shit about what Shaw, Carsley or Oggy say.

Great players in your day but could also now be a problem.

ccfcway

all played for cov, all care about cov, yet all cant inspire the squad to at least play 90 mins for cov !

ccfc92

If we appoint a good manager, he won't want Oggy, Shawsy Or Leesy. (At quoted by AT)

AFCCOVENTRY

I would rather they step aside and we keep the memories of them all being top players for us and not us uninspiring coaches.

Shaw has to take some blame and he clearly isn't cut out as managerial material and who knows if he has it as an assistant manager.

PVA

1. It will not happen. No chance.

2. They are not the problem. They are no managers, yet that is the job they are having to do. Once the new man comes in they will be fine as backroom staff.

Sick Boy

Get rid of all of them apart from Rioch, not good enough.

Ogrizovic won't go anywhere though because there will always be those who would be up in arms at such a though. They would rather let sentiment get in the way of what is best for the club as a whole.

Jackoskyblue

I'd say keep carsley and oggy but the new manager needs his own number 2 and I cant see a way shaw could stay after this caretaker spell

gouldberg

Hereeee we go blaming the coaching staff again. Let's cycle through another 30 managers/coaches before we realise the core root of our problems comes from boardroom level. Upon talking to a couple of ex-players recently that have moved on to new clubs, the coaching staff have the players full respect (especially Steve Ogrizovic who the players couldn't think more highly of). The disharmony and problems come from the owners.

One of the ex-players I spoke to asked me if I still went to the games and after I said no because I don't want Sisu to get another penny of my money his reply was that he doesn't blame me because what the owners have done to CCFC is painful to see. He thought that Coventry would be at least a Championship team (and very probably a Premiership team) in every single way under different owners. He also felt terrible for the fans which to me says it all.

Sick Boy

Hereeee we go blaming the coaching staff again. Let's cycle through another 30 managers/coaches before we realise the core root of our problems comes from boardroom level. Upon talking to a couple of ex-players recently that have moved on to new clubs, the coaching staff have the players full respect (especially Steve Ogrizovic who the players couldn't think more highly of). The disharmony and problems come from the owners.

One of the ex-players I spoke to asked me if I still went to the games and after I said no because I don't want Sisu to get another penny of my money his reply was that he doesn't blame me because what the owners have done to CCFC is painful to see. He thought that Coventry would be at least a Championship team (and very probably a Premiership team) in every single way under different owners. He also felt terrible for the fans which to me says it all.

Which players were you speaking to?

Very probably a Premiership team?! What a joke...even before SISU came in....did we look likely to be returning to the Premiership?

Nonleagueherewecome

Somebody should send a link of this thread to Steve Harrison :)

gouldberg

Which players were you speaking to?

Very probably a Premiership team?! What a joke...even before SISU came in....did we look likely to be returning to the Premiership?

I don't want to name names as I don't think that would be right but let's put it this way, one walked away from the club because he didn't like the owners and the other was pushed out.

With regards to the second part, no we didn't exactly look nailed on for a Premiership return (then again did Blackpool and various other teams when they were promoted?) but we did look a hell of a lot more likely to achieve it than we do now.

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't want to name names as I don't think that would be right but let's put it this way, one walked away from the club because he didn't like the owners and the other was pushed out.

With regards to the second part, no we didn't exactly look nailed on for a Premiership return (then again did Blackpool and various other teams when they were promoted?) but we did look a hell of a lot more likely to achieve it than we do now.

Michael Doyle and Marcus Hall?

PM me if I'm right! ;)

gouldberg

Michael Doyle and Marcus Hall?

PM me if I'm right! ;)

Both wrong haha.

On a side note though Marcus Hall lives locally to me and he's also a top guy so if I see him around I'll try to grab a word, see if he has any opinions on things.

Nonleagueherewecome

Both wrong haha.

On a side note though Marcus Hall lives locally to me and he's also a top guy so if I see him around I'll try to grab a word, see if he has any opinions on things.

You've been warned, once this starts I tend to do this: Osbourne and Wright? :)

I'd assume not McIndoe as he probably lives in a Caribbean paradise now..

gouldberg

You've been warned, once this starts I tend to do this: Osbourne and Wright? :)

I'd assume not McIndoe as he probably lives in a Caribbean paradise now..

Both wrong again...this could go on for some time couldn't it. :p

Anyway, I don't really want to be revealing it on the thread but you're always welcome to continue the guessing game via a PM :)

Marty

I agree and have said the same thing many times, there's just something seriously wrong at the heart of the club. Everybody from the tea lady to the manager would be handed their P45's. :p

Sick Boy

I thought that we were under a transfer embargo and had no money then either? I agree that we should have stuck with Dowie rather than employing Coleman.

If I remember correctly, Nigel Pearson was in the frame for the job after he had kept Southampton up but the fans were dead against the appointment as he wasn't 'a name', unlike Coleman.

Nonleagueherewecome

Both wrong again...this could go on for some time couldn't it. :p

Anyway, I don't really want to be revealing it on the thread but you're always welcome to continue the guessing game via a PM :)

Nah, there's too much else going on. I'm a bit tired of it, although seeing as we've narrowed it down so much...Turner and Aron? My other candidate is Ward, but doubt he's around the area much now.

mexico88

If it was a problem with SISU, wouldn't you just go away instead?

cloughie

I thought that we were under a transfer embargo and had no money then either? I agree that we should have stuck with Dowie rather than employing Coleman.

If I remember correctly, Nigel Pearson was in the frame for the job after he had kept Southampton up but the fans were dead against the appointment as he wasn't 'a name', unlike Coleman.

Ah Pearson top of the league NO............no fester fans calling for him to go

CJparker

This was mentioned by Mcallister when he was in charge as well.

Agree with this. Speaking of which, nobody had mentioned Gary McAllister as a candidate for the job - while I wouldn't be keen, it's a surprise that he hasn't even had a mention.

RichieGunns

Oggy has been at this club for years. He hasn't been anywhere since he finished his career as far as im concerned. He's always been the goalkeeper coach and this is none of his fault. I would be sad to see him go. Carsley should go back to the researves / academy. I know Rioch had a lot of good things to say about him and i would like to see that happen.

As for Shaw i think he needs to remain, just in a different role. Maybe if Carsley were to go back to the Academy and Shaw could go to Reserves.

Our main goal must be to get a Attack coach AND a fitness coach! I think thats where we've suffered!

AFCCOVENTRY

We need a good number 2 to the new manager.

I don't think Shaw is capable on the way the players respond to him now which worries me.

italiahorse

Clueless
They all stood there conferring and directing and no one was listening.
Not sure if there's also an internal player issue. I had to go in the away disabled end and When Hussey took a throw in by us as Kilblane ran to assist Hussey I'm sure I heard him say Fuxk off away. Just don't seem right.

AFCCOVENTRY

I feel a lot of good managerial candidates have been ruled out on the basis they can't bring their own number 2 or backroom staff.

Any new manager is going to be forced to keep the backroom.

Is that right if the new manager feels it isn't the coaching team to develop Coventry to aim to become a Championship club?

CJparker

Goalkeeper coach?
Murphy needs some proper coaching in the come out for the ball quicker.
Oggy thanks for everything but please go before it gets messy.

Yeah, and how to catch the ball rather than parry it

Pigeon

What do we have in the way of back room staff? Standard tea lady, kit man, physio, few coaches. Should we have a fitness coach? A coach for the strikers? Sholud we look into hiring a sports phychologist as our players appear to have forgotton or developed a fear of winning a game? Boost their confidence? Working on team bonding as they forget who they are playing with constantly giving the ball to the opposition?

theprince

It's no good looking for scapegoats and scalps. Being a caretaker manager must be the worst job in football, basically he can only pick the team and try and motivate players worried about their futures. Caretaker managers can't recruit, has to try and motivate players who probably ain't good enough or have been brought in to supplement a certain system of play, normally stuck with the same issues that got the previous manager the sack and with half an eye on the main job can't say a lot when interviewed.
I do agree however that whoever gets the job should be free to bring his own staff in. Tim Fisher should of thought of this in the summer before employing assistants and coaches with what he knew was a dodgy manager.

TommyZoom

Like I have said in a previous thread, it is time for new backroom staff... Yes the current staff we have there have been loyal servants, but the players need a new direction, new motivation, new training regimes. It isn't just a new manager who can make all this happen.

Users who are viewing this thread