Backing (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Okay so it's confirmed we are playing at Northampton next year. That's what's happened, it is done. You all say fisher is lying about having to ground share, IMO no he's not. The situation of playing in Northampton is frustrating and upsetting but if it secures the long term future of the club, then that is fine by me. Sisu have made plenty of mistakes over the years, but they have shown they are trying to fix them by building a new home for ccfc. Renting a stadium is not a practical we need to own it. I'm not a sisu supporter I'm a Coventry supporter. I wished as much as anybody that someone else was named the preferred bidder but they weren't. I will travel to Northampton to watch us play and I will go to as many matches as possible. The team deserves our support. I believe if we get out of admin soon then we can have a successful campaign. TF has already stated that he will make ticket prices and travel cheaper for fans. They are not trying to kill the club they are trying to break even. Forget about sisu back the team of you can.

I'm going to get a lot of stick for posting this but deal with it.

PUSB

The Penguin

Fair play to you, I say. I don't necessarily agree, and I certainly wouldn't provide them any financial support in any way, because they have burned the last of their bridges with me. It will take a great deal of time, and positive actions, to start to regain any of my trust.

I do however agree with the break even bit. Far as I can see though they are making this task more difficult for themselves by moving away.

italiahorse

Why is renting not practical? Most other teams do it in some form or another.
Have you done your own figures or just believing TF?

You can follow blindly but at least do the figures for yourself.

It is not possible for most fans to get to Northampton particularly in the week so its a bad plan.
Fair play rules will kill the club in 2014/2015 due to little if any income after expenses.

bigfatronssba

So if we all back the club playing in Northampton, where's the incentive for it to return?

Otis

Okay so it's confirmed we are playing at Northampton next year. That's what's happened, it is done. You all say fisher is lying about having to ground share, IMO no he's not. The situation of playing in Northampton is frustrating and upsetting but if it secures the long term future of the club, then that is fine by me. Sisu have made plenty of mistakes over the years, but they have shown they are trying to fix them by building a new home for ccfc. Renting a stadium is not a practical we need to own it. I'm not a sisu supporter I'm a Coventry supporter. I wished as much as anybody that someone else was named the preferred bidder but they weren't. I will travel to Northampton to watch us play and I will go to as many matches as possible. The team deserves our support. I believe if we get out of admin soon then we can have a successful campaign. TF has already stated that he will make ticket prices and travel cheaper for fans. They are not trying to kill the club they are trying to break even. Forget about sisu back the team of you can.

PUSB

I just don't see how any of this rubbish going on secures our long term future.

As an independent financial analyst said today the whole things is ludicrous.

1. There is a stadium already here in Coventry and it is available.
2. There is no reason to be playing 33 miles away for the next 3-5 years and this is a retrograde step.
3. He thinks they will have great difficulty in trying to get the money to fund a new stadium.

If, as many of us think, we will stay in Northampton for however long, and then will end up coming back to the Ricoh, then how on earth will that have secured our long term future? All it will have done is damage the club for the length of time we are out of the City.

The whole thing is a madness.

Cityfan1

Why is renting not practical? Most other teams do it in some form or another.
Have you done your own figures or just believing TF?

You can follow blindly but at least do the figures for yourself.

It is not possible for most fans to get to Northampton particularly in the week so its a bad plan.
Fair play rules will kill the club in 2014/2015 due to little if any income after expenses.

Most other clubs do not rent as sub tennents with no other revinue streams being made accessable

The Penguin

Most other clubs do not rent as sub tennents with no other revinue streams being made accessable

Actually this is a question I haven't seen the answer to. Do we get all the extra matchday revenue from Sixfields during our matches, or does it go to Northampton?

Would be a masterstroke of financial idiocy to partly blame a lack of revenue streams for leaving one ground, then renting another and receiving no revenue streams....

Senior Vick from Alicante

PUSB

So its better to move to a smaller stadium saddled with the build costs, and costs of purchasing the land with a reduced fan based to pay for it. What kind of a business model is that?

The Reverend Skyblue

It has to return, FL RULES!

That's what Wimbledon fans thought !!!
How people support this is beyond me, support the club going out of business. They haven't enough money to build a sandcastle let alone a bloody football stadium ,and not even Wonga.com at 5320% APR ,there most preferential rate, would lend SISU money to build a stadium after having 3000 crowds ,at most, for the previous five years. They are well and truly fecked

Last edited:

Black6Osprey

That's a great use of capitals but the point is, in probably 5 years time, what exactly will we get back and who will be around to watch it?

I'm thinking a team in at best league 2, an even worse debt, a stadium that makes Highfield Road look like Old Trafford and hardly any fans.

I can see why you are so keen??

simple_simon

PUSB

You are going to get lots of stick, do you not understand that by going your just helping to drag out tis long drawn out death.
If not one person went then it would all be over much quicker, the FL would have to tell SISU to talk to ACL, all you doing is giving TF an argument that supporters are behind him.
He has tried and succeeded in dividing the loyal fans.

Last edited:

skybluebal

This is all a game of chess. You have to look at the next 5-10 moves and then make your first move. If you look at the first move, you will lose in the long run.

The Penguin

This is all a game of chess. You have to look at the next 5-10 moves and then make your first move. If you look at the first move, you will lose in the long run.

Well I'm a little sick and tired of our football club being used as a bloody pawn.

SonofErnie

PUSB

Your argument has 2 major flaws:

1. Even if we sell out at Northampton every home game we will still see a reduction in income of circa £1.5m+ per season or £8m over the 5 years we are playing there. Of course the likely loss of income will be far more than that. The club will die before it ever gets back to Coventry.
2. The new stadium will be SISU owned and likely to be retained by them if/when they sell the club. We will then be back to square one, but with a different landlord.

Otis

Right. Just like the FL ruled that we needed to play in the West Midlands and within a 30 mile radius.

If you think the club will return just because the FL have said it has to return then you're being very naive I feel.

Rules are there to be bent and it seems like the FL have been bending them for quite some considerable time.

Otis

Your argument has 2 major flaws:

1. Even if we sell out at Northampton every home game we will still see a reduction in income of circa £1.5m+ per season or £8m over the 5 years we are playing there. Of course the likely loss of income will be far more than that. The club will die before it ever gets back to Coventry.
2. The new stadium will be SISU owned and likely to be retained by them if/when they sell the club. We will then be back to square one, but with a different landlord.

Exactly. It will not be our stadium. Just another rented stadium, this time with our beloved Sisu at the helm.

wingy

Right. Just like the FL ruled that we needed to play in the West Midlands and within a 30 mile radius.

If you think the club will return just because the FL have said it has to return then you're being very naive I feel.

Rules are there to be bent and it seems like the FL have been bending them for quite some considerable time.

I really don't think they realise the can of worms they've opened .any Future Owner of Any club has free reign over them.

blueflint

yeah and the football league rules state if a stadium in the vicinity of the home town they will not sanction playing anywhere else so they broke that rule already

Users who are viewing this thread