Back The Boys Reading Away.. Why not.. (1 Viewer)

skybluealways

Hi All,

Just a quick note regarding the "back the boys day" at Reading.
First of all excellent idea, although i tend personally to back the boys home and away no matter where and when, but would the idea been better served for the Forest game? as unfortunately some people are not fortunate enough to make it all the time and some may feel that with funds being tight Reading may be seen as a bit of a stretch to the wallet and Forest only being one hour away and roughly £20 on the train would be more viable for more supporters.

Also with the potential so called 6 pointer vs Forest surely 1200+ would of been better.

Who is going to Blackpool next week??:)

pusbccfc

I think readings probably not to expensive on the train and also easy to get there by car.
With forest we usually take 1500 anyway so, reading would be a better option.

I'll be at Blackpool need to get my tickets, anyone know if there is pay on the gate?

rickyCCFC

I'll be at Blackpool away, as I will be at all the away games. We should just encourage fellow fans to go to as many away matches as possible and be the 12th man.

ajsccfc

I think readings probably not to expensive on the train and also easy to get there by car.
With forest we usually take 1500 anyway so, reading would be a better option.

I'll be at Blackpool need to get my tickets, anyone know if there is pay on the gate?

It was last time I went, furthermore looking on the ticket site there are PLENTY going spare at the moment.

kg82

I'll be at Reading and Forest, and I'm hoping for big crowds in both. Been to Forest last 2 years and it's been a draw and a loss last season (surely 3 points this then!) but haven't been to Reading since 2004 I think when we won 2-1 (after being 1-0 down). Did that twice at Reading I think in consecutive seasons, but i was in Oz the 2nd time!

skybluesteve76

Reading tickets are £23 for ST holders. Forest is usually around £30-32.
Reading is an hour away on the train with train tickets starting at £15.
So not much difference there.

All the best

rickyCCFC

I'll be at Reading and Forest, and I'm hoping for big crowds in both. Been to Forest last 2 years and it's been a draw and a loss last season (surely 3 points this then!) but haven't been to Reading since 2004 I think when we won 2-1 (after being 1-0 down). Did that twice at Reading I think in consecutive seasons, but i was in Oz the 2nd time!

I think we did it in 3 consecutive seasons. 1 nil down at HT and won 2-1 every time, I was at all 3 games aswell so hopefully it happens again this season

rickyCCFC

I think we did it in 3 consecutive seasons. 1 nil down at HT and won 2-1 every time, I was at all 3 games aswell so hopefully it happens again this season

shmmeee

Will be doing Reading as the first away match since Man Utd, though I agree that Forest would have been a better choice, and not just 'cos I know the way there :p

Even if it's not official, it's VITAL we get as many as possible up to Forest and do what we can to win that 6 pointer.

SKYBLUESDUNK

I don't have a season ticket or anything this season, Dyou you know when they come on general sale? Really want to come to this one! PUSB

neilyboy67

will do reading but is lesda a sat match? if so then that should be the one we only took a measly 1300 last season did cost us 32 quid though be great to have 5000 there

Changeyourface

Save Our City running coaches to Reading 10 pounds return. Full details www.saveourcity.co.uk. Now filling third coach - join us and "Back the Boys"

No thanks, I'll be on the train like I do for the majority of away games a season. I don't really see how your group telling people that they should go to Reading to support their team and give Reading some extra money will "save our city" in anyway, if you/they are such great fans like you seem to think then you'd be making the effort to go to as many games as possible regardless, instead of telling people to turn up to ONE game out of forty six. How about you run these coaches and make the effort to go to all the remaining away games this season?

shmmeee

No thanks, I'll be on the train like I do for the majority of away games a season. I don't really see how your group telling people that they should go to Reading to support their team and give Reading some extra money will "save our city" in anyway, if you/they are such great fans like you seem to think then you'd be making the effort to go to as many games as possible regardless, instead of telling people to turn up to ONE game out of forty six. How about you run these coaches and make the effort to go to all the remaining away games this season?

How about you do?

Your argument is that if they're not going to do everything they should do nothing?

It's got me to go to an away game (which I never do) or is that just because I'm a bad fan who can't afford the time or money to go to every single away game despite being a season ticket holder?

Changeyourface

How about you do?

Your argument is that if they're not going to do everything they should do nothing?

It's got me to go to an away game (which I never do) or is that just because I'm a bad fan who can't afford the time or money to go to every single away game despite being a season ticket holder?

I don't go to every single away game I go to as many as I can which thankfully is quite a lot. However I've never created a group aimed at saving our club and then make supporters who don't go to a tinpot protest feel like they aren't real supporters. Aside from the above post which was a suggestion anyway , I don't go around telling people what games they should attend to help our club. The point of this "big day out" is to help the club by supporting the team, yes? Well I'd like to know why more people don't try doing this at every game instead of telling everyone that turning up to one game will help save the club and make them feel important and massage ther ego's.

BurbageSkyBlues

whether you agree, or not, with Ashbyjan's approach, you cannot knock someone for trying. To be putting on a coach for a tenner, will encourage more people to go. The younger players will appreciate the extra support, I'm sure, and they will, more than likely, respond to it. When their legs are tiring, towards the end, it may push them on and earn an extra point or two....which could be the difference, come May.

I think we should push for a big following at Festa and Forest, too - they are both just down the road - it's time we showed up in numbers for local games.

gary_ccfcforever

I think we need to remember its a 6 weeks month effectivevly, and people only get paid after xmas this week, we cant do much more than lay on £10 coaches effectively making reading even more affordable than forest.

skybluealways

Ok good points for the whole reading trip but surely the Forest one being down the road and a HUGE game at the bottom compared to going to a Reading side who are full of confidence and on the march looking to sneak into the top 6 and nothing in Reading, Forest would of been the better option for so many reasons. I will be at both and at Blackpool tuesday night, lets hope we can begin to grind out points away.

skybluealways

We do not have the best of records down at Reading either, whereas Forest on the train is a far better day out than boring Reading with one of the worst home support in the league. A atmosphere at both Reading and Forest is a must though!

skybluealways

Nottingham Forest v Coventry City Saturday, February 18, 2012
£19.50 for 2 X ADULT Call: 0871 226 1980Go to club website

I rest my case now.

rickyCCFC

Yes Forest is more local but we will take 2000 there anyway. Reading away in our league position and with our away following we would probably normally take 800 tops. So if we can double that figure its great. Just wish we could get big followings at every away game, but alot of our fans can't be arsed.

Spence CCFC

With Reading the way to cheapen the train tickets is to book it in two journeys. Get yourself over to Leamington and then book Leamington to Banbury. The Banbury to Reading. Works out hugely cheaper.

Brighton Sky Blue

We took 1800 down to Brighton and created a quality atmosphere-no reason why we couldn't do the same at Reading.

rickyCCFC

Totally agree with SuperFred. The atmosphere at Brighton was shit, us lot on the left side were singing all game but none of the london based fans who came for their day out in Brighton wanted to join in. Best atmosphere at an away game this season was Leeds and there were only 400 of us there.

Changeyourface

Yes Forest is more local but we will take 2000 there anyway. Reading away in our league position and with our away following we would probably normally take 800 tops. So if we can double that figure its great. Just wish we could get big followings at every away game, but alot of our fans can't be arsed.

2000? Bit optimistic, we didn't even take that down the road for the "massive" M69 derby last year.

Users who are viewing this thread