Back from the club shop. (1 Viewer)

Wheelfass

The security man at the club shop told us this morning that The "SOUTH" stand was sold out and that the "NORTH"stand was waiting for police approval to release more tickets. This was the opposite to the announcement on CWR earlier when Shane O'Connor was speaking to the ticket office manager. The security manager still insisted he was right and that was the information that he had been given. No wonder people are confused.
The lady that served me confirmed what was said on the radio and that the South stand (the away stand) needed police approval before any more tickets could be released and that the North Stand (the Telegraph stand) was sold out............except for a few pockets of seats..............but I didn't dare ask what that meant.
Just as a word of warning. There are only three positions open and that one of these is for cash only which is holding things up a bit. I ended up at that desk and as I didn't have £630 of lose change in my pocket for our two tickets I was offered them for the Gillingham game only for £20 and was assured that they are reserved as season tickets up to the end of September. So any 2012/13 season ticket holder who isn't sure if they want to commit for the whole season can still get a one-off ticket for the Gillingham game if that's what they would prefer.

Wheelfass

Tim Fisher was in there too and was pouring cups of orange juice to anyone who was thirsty. We refused.

kg82

Security guards wrong! They've been opening up the north stand for the last couple days. No surprise it's sold out.

Bennosdancingfeet

So is the telegraph stand sold out or the away end of the ground? I was under the impression the telegraph stand end was not on sale yet.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The security man at the club shop told us this morning that The "SOUTH" stand was sold out and that the "NORTH"stand was waiting for police approval to release more tickets. This was the opposite to the announcement on CWR earlier when Shane O'Connor was speaking to the ticket office manager. The security manager still insisted he was right and that was the information that he had been given. No wonder people are confused.
The lady that served me confirmed what was said on the radio and that the South stand (the away stand) needed police approval before any more tickets could be released and that the North Stand (the Telegraph stand) was sold out............except for a few pockets of seats..............but I didn't dare ask what that meant.
Just as a word of warning. There are only three positions open and that one of these is for cash only which is holding things up a bit. I ended up at that desk and as I didn't have £630 of lose change in my pocket for our two tickets I was offered them for the Gillingham game only for £20 and was assured that they are reserved as season tickets up to the end of September. So any 2012/13 season ticket holder who isn't sure if they want to commit for the whole season can still get a one-off ticket for the Gillingham game if that's what they would prefer.

Someone speculated earlier, the few pockets of seats in the North stand could be if those who have already purchased tickets in the south stand need to be moved, as I think the south stand went on sale for a short while before being pulled after consultation with the police.

Was the shop still really busy?

coop

The shop is not selling any more tickets today just been up only to get told this a few people were annoyed was going to renew my season ticket.

Walking Bird

You are allowed in to buy merchandise if you don't want a ticket.

Theres not a lot to buy. I took a break from the Q yesterday to look at the stuff in there which took about 10 seconds. When we left my missus asked if there were any away shirts available the lad said no & didn't know when any more would be available.

Wheelfass

So is the telegraph stand sold out or the away end of the ground? I was under the impression the telegraph stand end was not on sale yet.

See my post top of thread. THE TELEGRAPH STAND (aka the NORTH STAND) is sold out except for a few pockets of seats that I dare not ask the reason what for.

Wheelfass

Someone speculated earlier, the few pockets of seats in the North stand could be if those who have already purchased tickets in the south stand need to be moved, as I think the south stand went on sale for a short while before being pulled after consultation with the police.

Was the shop still really busy?

We were in there for a hour and a half. However they had les than half the shop full. When we left the shop was full and queues were forming outside.

Gray

No. The shirts all being stolen does though.

Just went and got my shirt they had loads!:) I am going to wait and get my season ticket next week when the queues have died down.... Up there for dominoes down the for dancing

Wheelfass

Gonna wear one of my old shirts just in case we're being lead astray in the mist of all of the euphoria. I wouldn't want the owners to pocket my £s before they do the honourable thing and leave the building.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

If the security man doesn't know which stand is which, I hope that there is never an emergency at the Ricoh..............

is this the big lad if it is he was telling people last wednesday that season tickets from 12/13 were only been held till last friday he is not the most reliable person for info

Wheelfass

is this the big lad if it is he was telling people last wednesday that season tickets from 12/13 were only been held till last friday he is not the most reliable person for info

He's about 5.8" and quite a big broad lad. Good attitude and friendly just got the info TOTALLY wrong.

Nathccfc

Does anyone know how much the south stand holds? I find it weird that about 18,000 tickets have been sold but the south stand is the only one yet to open.. so does it hold about 8,000??

theferret

Does anyone know how much the south stand holds? I find it weird that about 18,000 tickets have been sold but the south stand is the only one yet to open.. so does it hold about 8,000??

It holds 6K tops, and yet block 12, which is technically in the away end as it is the other side of the barrier has already been sold to city fans, so no more than 5.5K left to sell in there, 2K of which will probably go to Gillingham (Crewe got 1800 iirc).

fernandopartridge

It holds 6K tops, and yet block 12, which is technically in the away end as it is the other side of the barrier has already been sold to city fans, so no more than 5.5K left to sell in there, 2K of which will probably go to Gillingham (Crewe got 1800 iirc).
Crewe had less than that. 1200 and probably 200 seats as segregation.

Qwerty70

The away end holds approx 3.5 k n they won't put any city fans I blocks 6-9 because u can't segregate the toilets n catering etc. Take out blocks 4/5 for sky n that's 4.5k gone.

Wheelfass

If you were to include blocks 14 and 15 ( and why not if it's counted as a home area and not going to be segregated) then I reckon from one side to the other it would be a really good 8,000. Just look at a plan of the ground and work it out. There is a allocation of a potential 4,000 for away fans and on recent stadium pictures the deviding netting is giving away fans less than half of the end.

letsallsingtogether

Good game used to play that at break times when I was at the Jag back in the day:)

When all we worried about was the football and how to avoid getting your head kicked in on a Saturday :eek:
five's & three's,

Users who are viewing this thread