Away Support (1 Viewer)

glancy89

Hi Fellow Sky Blue supporters!

I am one of the city fans finding it too hard to visit N'hampton but have had the pleasure of following away this season. Amazing support by far the best in the Midlands from what ive seen and heard from other supporters.

Would be great to keep numbers this high but is it likely to continue when we have to travel further away, i.e your Colchester away games and Gillingham ...... I remember watching Leeds highlights when they got relegated and they took full allocations everywhere they went.

Would be great to see as the lads seem to play up to it

letsallsingtogether

Well I will go to as many as possible Work allowing....

I am one of the city fans finding it too hard to visit N'hampton but have had the pleasure of following away this season. Amazing support by far the best in the Midlands from what ive seen and heard from other supporters.

Would be great to keep numbers this high but is it likely to continue when we have to travel further away, i.e your Colchester away games and Gillingham ...... I remember watching Leeds highlights when they got relegated and they took full allocations everywhere they went.

RoboCCFC90

Loving the Away Support at the moment, although was talking to another fan after the game Saturday and he feels our support would be greater if all the fans willing to make the noise, i.e sing, whistle's, drum, etc, were together in the ground instead of being dotted all over the place.

letsallsingtogether

We had a few horns around the ground but because we brought or tickets at different times we were segregated. but when we can sit anywhere that is what will happen.
The people who like it a bit quieter can then move to the other side...Everyone happy:)

Loving the Away Support at the moment, although was talking to another fan after the game Saturday and he feels our support would be greater if all the fans willing to make the noise, i.e sing, whistle's, drum, etc, were together in the ground instead of being dotted all over the place.

letsallsingtogether

Sorry about that to be fair probably won't take it to the next game but will have my horn..... Did get the crowd singing though.:) Bit to loud for me too:whistle:

Love the away support and atmosphere it's just that bleedin whistleblower in the crowd that irritates me.;)

RoboCCFC90

We had a few horns around the ground but because we brought or tickets at different times we were segregated. but when we can sit anywhere that is what will happen.
The people who like it a bit quieter can then move to the other side...Everyone happy:)

Don't get me wrong LAST I loved it, I always love the atmosphere coming from Devon all the time it's one of the biggest pulls and I think the atmosphere was excellent. Yeah well I always try to purchase my tickets in the middle of the away stand and at the back it's where most of the Singers Corners boys head to and it's where we try to generate the atmosphere from.

The whistles on Saturday weren't bad, they got more attention and I think that's why people sung to them.

thaiskyblue

Don't get me wrong LAST I loved it, I always love the atmosphere coming from Devon all the time it's one of the biggest pulls and I think the atmosphere was excellent. Yeah well I always try to purchase my tickets in the middle of the away stand and at the back it's where most of the Singers Corners boys head to and it's where we try to generate the atmosphere from.

The whistles on Saturday weren't bad, they got more attention and I think that's why people sung to them.
please let's not have band like them sheff wednesday fans at england games, they are awefull.

RoboCCFC90

please let's not have band like them sheff wednesday fans at england games, they are awefull.

The atmosphere from the SBA recently has been fantastic and I hope it continues, I want to continue to use more of the left side, right side chant and going through more songs as I think sometimes we can be repetative.

sky blue john

This one is directed at RFC !!!
ccfc away atmosphere is infinitely better than home matches at silentfields !!!!!!
Nopm starve the bastards out and back to the Ricoh !!!!

. Yeah well I always try to purchase my tickets in the middle of the away stand and at the back it's where most of the Singers Corners boys head to and it's where we try to generate the atmosphere from.
You're were'nt in the back row at Stevenage were you?:) We had a guy behind us just shouting 'W**kers! W**kers!' all through the game!! Wouldn't have minded so much but it was the first game my wife and my son's fiancee had been to for about a year!! Back to the thread tho, atmosphere at away games has been brilliant this year even when there was only 479 of us at Carlisle.

bigfatronssba

The numbers we've been taking has been awesome. Seen this on thefootballforum.net. The top 25 away supported teams across the Football League.

Team
Leeds United 3108 Champ
Wolverhampton Wanderers 3082 League 1
Nottingham Forest 2498 Champ
Leicester City 2267 Champ
Sheffield Wednesday 1880 Champ
Coventry City 1847 League 1
Watford 1606 Champ
Blackburn Rovers 1604 Champ
Huddersfield Town 1594 Champ
Brighton & Hove Albion 1481 Champ
Sheffield United 1452 League 1
Bolton Wanderers 1389 Champ
Wigan Athletic 1315 Champ
Queens Park Rangers 1305 Champ
Middlesbrough 1292 Champ
Derby County 1281 Champ
Ipswich Town 1274 Champ
Millwall 1265 Champ
Portsmouth 1255 League 2
Bradford City 1223 League 1
Birmingham City 1217 Champ
Bristol City 1046 League 1
Doncaster Rovers 1011 Champ
Rotherham United 1009 League 1
Oxford United 977 League 2

RoboCCFC90

You're were'nt in the back row at Stevenage were you?:) We had a guy behind us just shouting 'W**kers! W**kers!' all through the game!! Wouldn't have minded so much but it was the first game my wife and my son's fiancee had been to for about a year!! Back to the thread tho, atmosphere at away games has been brilliant this year even when there was only 479 of us at Carlisle.

No mate that wasn't me, I do shout "F***ing Knob" but there is a funny story behind that and it's not really aimed at anyone just my mate who I go to the Footy with.

Yeah completely agree, atmosphere has been brilliant away from home.

letsallsingtogether

No need to tell us we know it is shit they find it hard to sing as it doesn't feel right. our friends who have season tickets have told us so also admit they can here our horns whistles and chanting from the hill. We all go to away matches together drink in the same pub and are all still good friends. Won't let sisu split us up after going to matches home and away for years....

I met a fan on the train after the wolves game, he had been to sixfields 3 times and told me the atmosphere was crap. Wanted to know if we would have gone had the away/home matches been at walsall.

fernandopartridge

The numbers we've been taking has been awesome. Seen this on thefootballforum.net. The top 25 away supported teams across the Football League.

Team
Leeds United 3108 Champ
Wolverhampton Wanderers 3082 League 1
Nottingham Forest 2498 Champ
Leicester City 2267 Champ
Sheffield Wednesday 1880 Champ
Coventry City 1847 League 1
Watford 1606 Champ
Blackburn Rovers 1604 Champ
Huddersfield Town 1594 Champ
Brighton & Hove Albion 1481 Champ
Sheffield United 1452 League 1
Bolton Wanderers 1389 Champ
Wigan Athletic 1315 Champ
Queens Park Rangers 1305 Champ
Middlesbrough 1292 Champ
Derby County 1281 Champ
Ipswich Town 1274 Champ
Millwall 1265 Champ
Portsmouth 1255 League 2
Bradford City 1223 League 1
Birmingham City 1217 Champ
Bristol City 1046 League 1
Doncaster Rovers 1011 Champ
Rotherham United 1009 League 1
Oxford United 977 League 2

To me that list generally reflects the size of the club. Derby are lower than expected mind.

Users who are viewing this thread