Away record (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Are away form was poor in terms of the points tally.
Do you think.people shouldn't mention it?
Need to look at bigger picture clint. We been solid all season. And i remember saying if we r top 6 eith no wibs away imagine ehat we could do wheb statt winning

Well imagine no more my friends. Nezt time listen instead of act like we were horrific away when we clearly wernt even when not winning we were drawing so recitifing it was never some impossible task just matter of time

clint van damme

Need to look at bigger picture clint. We been solid all season. And i remember saying if we r top 6 eith no wibs away imagine ehat we could do wheb statt winning

Well imagine no more my friends. Nezt time listen instead of act like we were horrific away when we clearly wernt even when not winning we were drawing so recitifing it was never some impossible task just matter of time

The bigger picture was we were going into Christmas with away form worse than any promoted team had had for years.
You're absolutely barking if you think fans shouldn't discuss that or be concerned about it.
To turn it around we have had to pull of the extrodinary which has been amazing but no one could have envisaged what MR and the players have achieved.

itsabuzzard

Hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

The bigger picture was we were going into Christmas with away form worse than any promoted team had had for years.
You're absolutely barking if you think fans shouldn't discuss that or be concerned about it.
To turn it around we have had to pull of the extrodinary which has been amazing but no one could have envisaged what MR and the players have achieved.
Well i did. Matter of time till it sorted itself out cobsidering we were drawing and so so close to wins already

Not saying people shouldn't discuss if am i? Why are uou mzking stuff up? Im saying there was no need to panic and moan over it as could tell we close to cracking it

clint van damme

Well i did. Matter of time till it sorted itself out cobsidering we were drawing and so so close to wins already

Not saying people shouldn't discuss if am i? Why are uou mzking stuff up? Im saying there was no need to panic and moan over it as could tell we close to cracking it

if you called it then fair enough but what you predicted is essentially a once in a lifetime run of form.
As for you saying you didn't say it shouldn't be discussed, it sort of sounds like you are. You haven't specified just you are on about just the over reaction from some people.

covcity4life

if you called it then fair enough but what you predicted is essentially a once in a lifetime run of form.
As for you saying you didn't say it shouldn't be discussed, it sort of sounds like you are. You haven't specified just you are on about just the over reaction from some people.
Yes over reactions

Do younthink discussing it is an over reaction? If not thrn you should have no issue with what im saying

clint van damme

Yes over reactions

Do younthink discussing it is an over reaction? If not thrn you should have no issue with what im saying

I've no problem with criticising over reaction, but you said moaning.
When people have paid good money to see a capitulation like Shrewsbury then they have a right to moan as far as I'm concerned.
Especially when you factor in it came almost a year to the day after a similar capitulation against Walsall. It was easy to come to the conclusion we were not learning our lessons. Thankfully that has proven not to be the case.

theferret

When people have paid good money to see a capitulation like Shrewsbury then they have a right to moan as far as I'm concerned.
Especially when you factor in it came almost a year to the day after a similar capitulation against Walsall. It was easy to come to the conclusion we were not learning our lessons. Thankfully that has proven not to be the case.

It's weird. I guess the problem is that there is almost zero negativity from the crowd at the moment. There may be the odd comment, but it's generally so positive. This annoys some people, because moaning about the crowd is one of their favourite things, so they've now resorted to trawling through Internet posts to get their fix it seems.

covcity4life

That was also 1st away loss of season?

steve cooper

I honestly think as the other teams have 9 games left.. And we have a 7 point cushion on 3rd we need just 5 or 6 wins from 10 games
After yesterday's results I think 4 wins and no more than 2 defeats will get us at least 2nd spot. Obviously we want to finish top though.

covcity4life

2nd and no wins.. And as I stated, no team who has been promoted in recent years had an away points tally as low as ours at that stage of the season. The concern/moaning was justified.
Turn around has been spectacular, (as predicted by you!).
All i would have meant is if we r top 6 withoit away wins thats a glass half full scenario as shows how good we must be and if can put it all together thrn skys limit

Rather than glass half empty of omg we havnt wina way all season this is so poor and will cost us etc

DannyThomas_1981

Agreed!

To contrast ourselves with Ipswich, we’ve been lucky with injuries. We’ve got good depth in our squad, but I’m concerned if Gooden gets injured again. By far our best striker.

I think that's right Mucca.

The only thing I would say to give a slightly different view is that pre-season we were most excited about Jobello, Kast and Allen. For different reasons only Allen has featured and he's only been a regular in the side since late January. Jones also a huge loss this whole season through injury.

What I'm really saying is that we've had some real challenges with injuries but the recruitment/coaching/flexibility in formation has been so good that the injuries have not de-railed us in any way.

DannyThomas_1981

And on a different point, I don't think our form over the last 4 weeks has been as impressive as some of the earlier performances where we absolutely played teams off the park with our passing game - only to draw. Some of the most pleasing football I've seen CCFC ever play.

But we have of late found ways to effectively win and adapt to different game situations. And we've cut off some of the early season defensive errors. I think it's what others are saying - the success over the last 14 games has been built on an amazing and very under-rated defence combined with clinical finishing from Godden.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread