Away priority from next season (1 Viewer)

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Boddy has announced that next year they are looking at bringing in priority for regular away attenders. I assume they will go back onto people’s accounts to manage this - and Futher away/less demand games will be worth more points. Thoughts?

Attachments

• C9183E75-2033-4A43-B664-E608285E5705.jpeg
    C9183E75-2033-4A43-B664-E608285E5705.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 74

Evo1883

Boddy has announced that next year they are looking at bringing in priority for regular away attenders. I assume they will go back onto people’s accounts to manage this - and Futher away/less demand games will be worth more points. Thoughts?

Correct thing that happens at many clubs

torchomatic

Nah, don't agree with that. Not everyone can go to every away game. All STHs should have the same opportunity to get a ticket for any away game.

torchomatic

Why is it needsd? What's wrong with the current system?

Nothing. It just always kicks off when a few can't get their tickets and start blaming others for going to "their first away game of the season when I've been to 375 away games this season".

torchomatic

I think the issue is that every STH got the opportunity to buy two.

The club obviously undercalled the demand. Badly.

Agree with that. Should be one ticket per STH. Always should have been. No need to create a two tier points system.

pusbccfc

They can reward them in other ways without making away games a closed shop.

How is it making games a closed shop.

Not difficult to do it based on points. It would encourage people to get season tickets AND go to the more unattractive away games.

There's been controversy for Bournemouth and Southampton but that won't come close to the fall out of Fulham and Birmingham away when the allocation is less than 2000 for a high demand game.

pusbccfc

Agree with that. Should be one ticket per STH. Always should have been. No need to create a two tier points system.

When we had 1 per ticket against Barnsley, our following was poor. People could get big groups of tickets like that have done at Southampton and Blackburn.

Our biggest followings come when people are able to buy in bulk.

Although they should have done it with Southampton as it was always going to sell out. I certainly wouldn't have it at one per ticket for Bristol City or Cardiff on a Tuesday night.

JAM See

Not difficult to do it based on points. It would encourage people to get season tickets AND go to the more unattractive away games.

There's been controversy for Bournemouth and Southampton but that won't come close to the fall out of Fulham and Birmingham away when the allocation is less than 2000 for a high demand game.
I might not bother with trying to get a ticket for Craven Cottage.

Just get the popcorn in and watch this forum go proper feral.

chiefdave

Do a lot of people on here never buy tickets for anything but city games? Genuine question as some of the things being thrown around on here as outrageous things for the club to do are standard practice at pretty much all events.

Maybe I'm just jaded from having spent a decade working in that industry but people are kidding themselves if they think every event they ever go to doesn't have a good chunk of tickets that are allocated to various groups before going on sale, and in the case of all seated events the ones that never go on sale are usually the best seats in the house.

JAM See

Do a lot of people on here never buy tickets for anything but city games? Genuine question as some of the things being thrown around on here as outrageous things for the club to do are standard practice at pretty much all events.

Maybe I'm just jaded from having spent a decade working in that industry but people are kidding themselves if they think every event they ever go to doesn't have a good chunk of tickets that are allocated to various groups before going on sale, and in the case of all seated events the ones that never go on sale are usually the best seats in the house.
It's been said before by me and some other people on here Dave.

The issue this time is the allocation of two tickets per STH. That's the real fuck up.

We all know that a few palms get greased and some people get unofficial preference, but a +1 for every STH was a real misstep.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'm sure there might be some supporters who may decide to go to away matches andc sacrifice home games if there's a sniff of a cup run and this idea makes that much more likely.

letsallsingtogether

Dont get a st just get away tickets you will have priority, over everyone.
I have only managed 2 away days this year but at least I have a ticket for Southampton and Fulham 😁

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The priority wil be based on season tickets and away points.

They'll never just prioritise away.
Would it be easier to have both those things in a points system?

If you buy a ST you just automatically get 23 games worth of points added onto your account.

Don't know how hard or easy it is to prioritise different levels of points (i.e. 200+, 100+ etc.) on such a system. Also don't know if I'd allow some points to be carried forward from the previous season (say 25%)

And I also agree it should only ever be 1 per person, unless they have someone else's account linked to theirs that also qualifies then they can buy tickets on their behalf.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Risk with this is that it is still abused at most premiership teams and others in our league with large following to away games for those "with money" as they buy away tickets or away season tickets and sell on the games they don't want for the benefit of keeping the ones they do actually want.
No different to Manure & Liverpool season ticket holders who are over 100 years old and its family members from former relatives but the wait list would be impossible, think Manure had an amnesty about 20 years ago where you could come forward and amend to your name rather than a deceased relative but again, another flaw for fans wanting tickets.

It can be costly and time consuming but a proportion based on ST's, a proportion based on away game loyalty and then a proportion allocated to a ballot based for ST's/Away supporters and then general sale seems a sensible approach.

pusbccfc

Risk with this is that it is still abused at most premiership teams and others in our league with large following to away games for those "with money" as they buy away tickets or away season tickets and sell on the games they don't want for the benefit of keeping the ones they do actually want.
No different to Manure & Liverpool season ticket holders who are over 100 years old and its family members from former relatives but the wait list would be impossible, think Manure had an amnesty about 20 years ago where you could come forward and amend to your name rather than a deceased relative but again, another flaw for fans wanting tickets.

It can be costly and time consuming but a proportion based on ST's, a proportion based on away game loyalty and then a proportion allocated to a ballot based for ST's/Away supporters and then general sale seems a sensible approach.

Unlikely. A ballot scheme will only be needed a handful of times.

pusbccfc

Would it be easier to have both those things in a points system?

If you buy a ST you just automatically get 23 games worth of points added onto your account.

Don't know how hard or easy it is to prioritise different levels of points (i.e. 200+, 100+ etc.) on such a system. Also don't know if I'd allow some points to be carried forward from the previous season (say 25%)

And I also agree it should only ever be 1 per person, unless they have someone else's account linked to theirs that also qualifies then they can buy tickets on their behalf.

I'm certain it will.

For example, you'd would get 500 points for getting an early bird season ticket. 3-400 any later.
Then possibly 50 per away game.

NortonSkyBlue

In my experience the supporters clubs allocation is fair. I won’t be going to Southampton but attend most away games and earlier in the season I was booking through Ticketmaster and buying my tickets. On occasions I was purchasing the ticket but not receiving them until after the game. Postal issues apparently.
Now I book through my supporters club who have my ST number and book the coach at the same time. Pay for both on line.I am given my ticket on the coach and it is like a concierge service that gives me peace of mind.
I also think that this one ticket per season ticket holder is a red herring. Sell out the allocation regularly and you might have a point but otherwise all the empty seats answer that question.

skyblue1991

Season ticket holders should be rewarded by paying up front for a season, that should include priority to away games. If people really wanted to get priority they should back the club first

I'm not a season ticket holder by the way, I pick and choose my games

The club makes very little to no money on away league games so it's not in the interest to change anything

Cup games are different as everyone has to pay so for me if you were one of the 5000 that went to Derby at home you should be prioritised
over a season ticket holder that never went for tickets to the next round

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Season ticket holders should be rewarded by paying up front for a season, that should include priority to away games. If people really wanted to get priority they should back the club first

I'm not a season ticket holder by the way, I pick and choose my games

The club makes very little to no money on away league games so it's not in the interest to change anything

Cup games are different as everyone has to pay so for me if you were one of the 5000 that went to Derby at home you should be prioritised
over a season ticket holder that never went for tickets to the next round

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Pretty much. We are both phase 1 ST holders and also both went to Derby. Ultimately the generosity of a poster means we have tickets but otherwise we wouldn’t and I only looked at 10.05.

lord_garrincha

Is there something in the 'football charter' (is that even a thing), that forbids 'buying priority'... I don't want to give Dave ideas... But £100 to be on tier 1 & you get £2 back per match attended... So could net back to around £50 at the end of the season.

Alex1987

If I was in charge I'd go with the following in order of priority:

Season Ticket (£300) + Away Ticket Membership (£50)
Season Tickets (£300)
Away Ticket Membership (£50)
Match Packages
General Sale

Where the Away Ticket Membership essentially gives you the first priority window in away tickets. Perhaps a novelty gift/scarf worth c.£10 to be thrown in to this element

This would be:
a) Not overly complex to administer
b) Ensure non-STs holders would never be above season ticket holders
c) Give the club additional 'easy revenue'

Thoughts?

SheafIsGod

Can’t believe how many people are against something like this. Pretty much every club in the Premier League & Championship does it.

I’ve put it in another thread, but it’ll likely work something like this:

Say each away fixture you attend is worth 50 points.

For a mid-season away game, the first priority sale window might be for all supporters with a ST + 250 points. The next window would be for those with a ST + 200pts and so on.

I highly doubt the club (or any club for that matter) would prioritise fans who only go to away games and don’t have a season ticket. You would likely still have to have a ST to be entitled to any priority window for away sales.

Alternatively, the club might say that purchasing a ST is worth 400pts, so it would take a fan without a ST ticket 8 away games to be on the same priority level as a fan who has a ST but hasn’t done an away game yet.

It’s the only fair way of doing ticket sales when allocations are low or demand far outstrips supply.

Users who are viewing this thread