Away games next season (1 Viewer)

ronan_cov

We should try and bring a lot of fans to our away games next season and create an atmosphere to support The City!

egastap

We should try and bring a lot of fans to our away games next season and create an atmosphere to support The City!

May have to start with getting a few punters to the HOME games first. I have a feeling if SISu are still in charge there won't be 7-8000 at home games. especially on those cold winter evening games to watch the likes of Tranmere and Bury (with no offence to them).

Astute

Do you go to away games? Our away fans do create a good atmosphere most of the time. There will be games next season where we will not be able to have enough tickets.

coundonskyblue

I think our away following will be much higher next year. I personally intend to now give sisu as little of my money as possible, by going to more away games I can support my team but not sisu.

sky_blue_up_north

Just had a look at some of the gates in Division One apart from the Sheffield clubs, Charlton, MKD & Huddersfield, most are around 4K. Now Charlton are up, and there is every chance the two Sheffield clubs will join them... we are the big fish in little pond..

CCFCschoey

i reakon we will take a load of fans to most games, away following has been good this year and with a few wins we could even get some more! sky blue army go out in force for a promotion push, i'll be there PUSB

Skyblueloyal

I think our away following will be much higher next year. I personally intend to now give sisu as little of my money as possible, by going to more away games I can support my team but not sisu.

I have been the same for the last two years. I love the banter at away games, just wish our results would be a bit better

SkyBlueMania

I'll be heading down to Carlisle for the game next season, by far the closest team to me in the English system! I'm actually looking forward to a bit of change rather than the usual pumpings we are on the receiving end of, think this may be the start of a little adventure for most of the away fans.

Astute

I'll be heading down to Carlisle for the game next season, by far the closest team to me in the English system! I'm actually looking forward to a bit of change rather than the usual pumpings we are on the receiving end of, think this may be the start of a little adventure for most of the away fans.

A local game for me. Will meet up with the lads offf coaches if I am not at work. Only an hour away from me.

Somerset Sky Blue

Whilst I am looking forward to a few new grounds nearby (Yeovil, Exeter, Bournemouth and Torquay - perhaps depending on relegation and promotion) - the mickey taking has got even worse from the locals in the last few weeks!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Whilst I am looking forward to a few new grounds nearby (Yeovil, Exeter, Bournemouth and Torquay - perhaps depending on relegation and promotion) - the mickey taking has got even worse from the locals in the last few weeks!

Being a Cov fan your'll always have the piss taken out of you (like us all) so I won't lose any sleep over the mickey takers

Somerset Sky Blue

True - but when I moved down here about 10 years ago, believed that our stay in the Championship would be short-lived and took the mick out of Bristol C fans - who, after the result on Sat, have been happy to rub it in!

W

westcountry_skyblue

Yes mate im in Weston had loads off the Brizzle City mates,At least weve got lots to go to down here Yeovil,Swindon,maybe Torquay again Bournemouth Pompey Maybe even Cheltenham lol !!!

rob9872

We'll have an even emptier home ground next season so even less atmosphere. With the small grounds we will fill our allocation and overtake most of the grounds so we could almost turn away games into home games. It will be full most places we go (as we will be their cup final) and with great atmospheres. For the first time in longer than I can remember, neither my dad nor I have yet purchased our season ticket. I'm waiting to see what will happen but I guess I'll end up getting one, however I'm toying with the idea of all these new grounds to visit (and in recent seasons I've only done a few away games each season) of reversing it with a handful of home games and attending all the away games. Will be more fun, no money for SISU and great atmospheres. Being totally honest its always more fun away and the football becomes secondary.

Somerset Sky Blue

Seems fair enough.
Since moving away, I tend to watch more away games, and only get to the Ricoh a few times a season, (at the same time as a visit to relatives!). Fans at the away games appear to sing more and try to create an atmosphere - which is much easier in a small part of a stadium.
Recent visits to the Ricoh have really highlighted the problem we will face next year, with small away and home numbers - the atmosphere will be very quiet. If we are seen as the big scalp (which I'm not sure we will be), this will certainly help to settle players from opposing teams - a relatively big stadium which is two thirds empty!

Dont think people will want to pay sisu to watch cov

Only one issue with this policy.

Away ends will be smaller....Season ticket holders get priority for away tickets.....you don't want to go to the home games therefore you do not have a season ticket.....you may not get a ticket for some away games with smaller allocations (i.e Hartlepool/Bournemouth/Walsall etc...)....Good luck.....:facepalm:

CovfanDan

I much prefer the away days than going the Ricoh, living where i do im hoping Cheltenham can come up via the playoffs and Shrewsbury automatically. Swindon coming up was a bonus too, thinks thats the closest so far. Bournemouth or Torquay on a bank holiday would be sound wouldnt it.

We'll have an even emptier home ground next season so even less atmosphere. With the small grounds we will fill our allocation and overtake most of the grounds so we could almost turn away games into home games. It will be full most places we go (as we will be their cup final) and with great atmospheres. For the first time in longer than I can remember, neither my dad nor I have yet purchased our season ticket. I'm waiting to see what will happen but I guess I'll end up getting one, however I'm toying with the idea of all these new grounds to visit (and in recent seasons I've only done a few away games each season) of reversing it with a handful of home games and attending all the away games. Will be more fun, no money for SISU and great atmospheres. Being totally honest its always more fun away and the football becomes secondary.

We should net up the top 20 rows all round the stadium and force people to sit closer together at home games IMO. With you on the away games though.

WestEndAgro

We should net up the top 20 rows all round the stadium and force people to sit closer together at home games IMO. With you on the away games though.

Agree completely, I recall the club doing it a couple of seasons back, with the visitors (Cardiff) I think, and it worked perfectly well. It looked quite impressive rather than having them dotted around a larger area

rob9872

It's a a decent idea but you'll find fans want their 'own' seats. I would also prefer it to be the front rows rather than the back as you get wet down there! :)

Users who are viewing this thread