Away Days (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

So far I've got:

Yeovil, Swindon, Brentford, Orient, Walsall, Stevenage, MK Dons, Oldham, Sheff Utd, Bournemouth (20mins from my house), Portsmouth, Crawley and Notts County.

A lot of money Ill need to save :thinking about:

Astute

Yeovil is going to cost me enough. Take the family away for the weekend and price of ticket is cheap enough. Wife going shopping without me for a few hours isn't :eek:

Astute

I sure did.

Our youngest 2 are 2 and 3 so not worth her working. My debit card is going to get hammered :(

Astute

Last time she picked me up after a game I was so far gone I kept nearly falling off the front seat each time she took a corner :D Think it was away at Brizzle and she picked me up in Cov about midnight. Was in her motor, a Shogun. Their seats don't hold you in at all.

ccfc92

standard :L tbh, idk where to meet SBA in yeovil, as im coming from bournemouth. only drove past yeovils ground before

skyblueinBaku

I'm planning to go. Only about an hour (or less) fromwhere I live near Blandford. Never seen the Yeovil ground, but the town isn't so big and it's on an industrial estate (I think) so it should be easy to find. All I need now is ticket info.

kg82

I'm planning on going to Yeovil by train and while I was looking it said there were 3 pubs within about 10-15 minutes walk of the ground all of which are pretty away fan friendly.

Astute

I'm planning to drink at the marquee at the ground. That is unless some of us can have a get together at a pub. I am going alone so don't fancy my own company ;-) Also love having a laugh with the natives and have heard the Yeovil lads are a good laugh. Would be good to put faces to names.

ccfc92

I'm planning to drink at the marquee at the ground. That is unless some of us can have a get together at a pub. I am going alone so don't fancy my own company ;-) Also love having a laugh with the natives and have heard the Yeovil lads are a good laugh. Would be good to put faces to names.

Up for it, we should organise a big meeting say, 12pm? 3 hours boozing before watching us win :) n one of my best mates is from yeovil, he's pretty sound, just pretend you love ciderrrr, and it will be cool :)

Astute

I do love cider. Even drinking it at the moment :D

Keen for a SBT away day to start the season off :pimp: Think this will be my furthest away day of the season also. Over 300 miles for me. I will be about halfway there when I reach the M5 at Brum

ccfc92

I do love cider. Even drinking it at the moment :D

Keen for a SBT away day to start the season off :pimp: Think this will be my furthest away day of the season also. Over 300 miles for me. I will be about halfway there when I reach the M5 at Brum

I was halfway through a pint of Magners, but got asked to play footy tonight :( Livid haha, but dont forget the 300 miles back ;) And your soon to be ruined credit card :whistle:

Astute

I was halfway through a pint of Magners, but got asked to play footy tonight :( Livid haha, but dont forget the 300 miles back ;) And your soon to be ruined credit card :whistle:

Credit card? NO NO NO

Used to have a card with a 15k limit I only used for emergencies. The wife decided she wanted one. Not a problem I thought. She paid the bill each month as I hardy used it. Opened up the bill just over 6 months later for the first time. She had put 9k on it :eek: Paid it off and got rid of it and a few others I had. Never again :D Women and credit cards don't mix, especially my one :(

Dino

So far I've got:

Yeovil, Swindon, Brentford, Orient, Walsall, Stevenage, MK Dons, Oldham, Sheff Utd, Bournemouth (20mins from my house), Portsmouth, Crawley and Notts County.

A lot of money Ill need to save :thinking about:
I live 20 mins from bournemouth in wimborne, where abouts are you?

kg82

Reading up on this earlier and it mentioned that although it states "all welcome" at the marquee, they turn away supporters that have away shirts on!

ccfc92

Credit card? NO NO NO

Used to have a card with a 15k limit I only used for emergencies. The wife decided she wanted one. Not a problem I thought. She paid the bill each month as I hardy used it. Opened up the bill just over 6 months later for the first time. She had put 9k on it :eek: Paid it off and got rid of it and a few others I had. Never again :D Women and credit cards don't mix, especially my one :(

Haha livid :eek: Im sure after beating the mighty Yeovil, it will ease the pain ;)

ccfc92

Oh right, been in there a couple of times. And the Mount. Bit of a trek unless your in a car :/ and got caught trying to nick some pint glasses :thinking about: haha ;)

Dino

Oh right, been in there a couple of times. And the Mount. Bit of a trek unless your in a car :/ and got caught trying to nick some pint glasses :thinking about: haha ;)
Yeah ive got some of them from over the years, the mount is a hole just as bad as that pub in upton thats been shut for ages the grasshoper i think

ccfc92

Yeah ive got some of them from over the years, the mount is a hole just as bad as that pub in upton thats been shut for ages the grasshoper i think

i think the closed pub in upton is better than the mount :whistle: but that was before my time in upton. how u getting to Yeovil that day?

ccfc92

not sure yet, but the mrs's aunt lives in yeovil, so probs go up sat morning, and stay Sat night. We need to arrange were to go for pre match beers :thinking about:

Dino

not sure yet, but the mrs's aunt lives in yeovil, so probs go up sat morning, and stay Sat night. We need to arrange were to go for pre match beers :thinking about:

I always have to come on here away days and find out what pubs to go to, my misses supports the cherries and dont let her go to cov games ;-)

ccfc92

I always have to come on here away days and find out what pubs to go to, my misses supports the cherries and dont let her go to cov games ;-)

i used to go to quite a few bmouth games, as i thought ; local team, no threat to cov, why not go along. How times have changed :(

Dino

i used to go to quite a few bmouth games, as i thought ; local team, no threat to cov, why not go along. How times have changed :(

The cov situation is a disaster and embarrasing but what can you do i will still do a few away games, ive been to loads of bmth games home and away but now there rivals :-(

Astute

Reading up on this earlier and it mentioned that although it states "all welcome" at the marquee, they turn away supporters that have away shirts on!

Wear the home shirt then :D

You are going to need a jacket of some sort for this game of some sort unless summer suddenly arrives. We will have no cover whatsoever. They know how to look after you in Div3 :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread