Away days 2016/17 (1 Viewer)

steve82

On a positive note as it looks highly likely we are gonna still be in league one next season some good away days next year:
Northampton, Oxford and I fancy Portsmouth to do the playoffs. Hopefully MK Dons will be relegated from the championship.
Praying Blackpool survive too, but gutted Crewe are gone as I've always like Crewe away.

Otis

On a positive note as it looks highly likely we are gonna still be in league one next season some good away days next year:
Northampton, Oxford and I fancy Portsmouth to do the playoffs. Hopefully MK Dons will be relegated from the championship.
Praying Blackpool survive too, but gutted Crewe are gone as I've always like Crewe away.
Great on one side of the coin, but Northampton have been so good this year you would be expecting them to be challenging up the top next year in League One. Portsmouth too could be a threat.

Worries me a tad people talking of us challenging next year. This season the league has been quite poor and a place in the top 2 there for the taking.

Who comes up from League 2 and who comes down from the Championship could have a massive bearing on just how hard it is going to be for us next campaign. League One could be a lot, lot tougher.

ceetee

If we stay in this league (likely), Northanpton are promoted, (likely) and Colchester stay (??) we will be playing the three teams mentioned in the original words of the Sky Blue Song (boring).

For someone my age it seemed strange singing Tottenham or Chelsea when we were at Peterborough.

steve82

Great on one side of the coin, but Northampton have been so good this year you would be expecting them to be challenging up the top next year in League One. Portsmouth too could be a threat.

Worries me a tad people talking of us challenging next year. This season the league has been quite poor and a place in the top 2 there for the taking.

Who comes up from League 2 and who comes down from the Championship could have a massive bearing on just how hard it is going to be for us next campaign. League One could be a lot, lot tougher.

I thought this year was a poor league for a genuine title contender, Wigan and sheff Utd the only favourable teams.
Next season I think it will be more wide open and close. The gulf between league one and two is not that big anymore. It's the step up to the championship that's a bigger step now. Look at Bristol city this season, only just adapting after walking the league.

steveo1987

Hopefully there will be a pub near sixfields as the other one burnt down.The lamplighter in town is still going strong though

Users who are viewing this thread