Away day next season you are most looking out for? (1 Viewer)

spider_ricoh

New fixtures day is still soem way away, as the final 2 places in L1 are clearly yet to be decided, but which away days are you most looking out for when the fixtures get released?

For me, it has to be

Rotherham (if they stay down)
Chesterfield
Rochdale

The reason is that I am currently on 88 of the 92 league grounds. Rotherham and Chesterfield both have new grounds which I am yet to visit. I did visit Rochdale but arrived 25 mins late so would like to re-visit to do it again "properly". That will take me to 90 grounds, so will need to squeeze in a visit to Newport County on my next trip to south Wales to see family. Unless Gateshead get promoted, I have done all the BSP play-off contenders that could form part of the 92, and have also done Luton. That just leaves CCFC's home ground of Sixfields, which I visited once for a Northampton home game!

Southend would also be a good away day - if they come up!

Preston is an OK away day but I hope they get promoted to make things easier for us next season!

torchomatic

Chesterfield. Never been there either old or new ground.

bringbackrattles

Love going to MK Dons as we get to take a huge following.
Wanted Brum to come down as nice local derby,but Chesterfield sounds okay,and you can't beat a day out by the sea so hope Southend get promoted !

lewys33

Barnsley - We are their bogey team!
Crawley - Never been before
Port Vale - as above

Southend or Burton Albion - If either get promotion - Never been before

Would have liked to have gone to Blues, but oh well!

pusbccfc

Burton Albion

W

westcountry_skyblue

Bristol City away as its only 15 miles away and Yeovil again although its a nightmare to get to by car or train even though its 30 miles from me,Hopefully that pub down the road is open again after it got burnt out.
Not much else near tbh.
Also throw in London trip and maybe a couple of others.
Fingers crossed we are back at our real home ground to of course......

RegTheDonk

Walsall's a short trip for me and I know a few of their fans. Peterborough, should they not get promoted, would be good as I used to live near their ground.

F*king sad innit! Looking forward to plumb ties against Walsall and Peterborough. What have we become?

Tonylinc

For me it has to be Scunny and Doncaster; both easy to get to. For Scunny I could walk.

FAO wcs. I always thought of the drive between Yeovil and Weston as easy when I lived in Yeovil. Come off the M5 at The Puriton over the top turning right at The Feathers? and down through Compton Dundon. I'll try to get there next season coupling it with a visit to my brother who still lives there

W

westcountry_skyblue

Fao Tony lincs,I went on the train from Wsm to taunton then change at castle cary then on to yeovil pen mill.
bloody nightmare especially how hot it was last season.
But if you want a drink i suppose its public transport.
Btw Caslte cary talk about in the sticks lol !!!

Tonylinc

Fao Tony lincs,I went on the train from Wsm to taunton then change at castle cary then on to yeovil pen mill.
bloody nightmare especially how hot it was last season.
But if you want a drink i suppose its public transport.
Btw Caslte cary talk about in the sticks lol !!!
If the fixture list falls kindly, I'll pick you up on the way down, you can then have a drink!

Astute

My nearest game of the season, Carlisle, won't be happening next season. But my furthest away, Yeovil, is back :D About 6 hours each way without stopping and bad traffic at the usual places.

Prefer the games not at the coast. I live on an island so see enough of the sea :)

japandy

I honestly never thought in my lifetime i would see CCFC v Burton as a league game
Me, neither. Also, I used to look forward to the FA cup and maybe getting the Boro but my dread is that in a few years we could meet them in a league game. Suddenly the FA's B league looks appealing as it puts another wedge between them and us.

Warwickhunt

Playing Numneaton at the Ricoh

Snozz_is_god

Any where in the Manchester area on Tuesday or Wednesday evening and I'll be there, otherwise I'll probably do Milton Keynes again and leave it at that.

MichaelCCFC

New fixtures day is still soem way away, as the final 2 places in L1 are clearly yet to be decided, but which away days are you most looking out for when the fixtures get released?

For me, it has to be

Rotherham (if they stay down)
Chesterfield
Rochdale

The reason is that I am currently on 88 of the 92 league grounds. Rotherham and Chesterfield both have new grounds which I am yet to visit. I did visit Rochdale but arrived 25 mins late so would like to re-visit to do it again "properly". That will take me to 90 grounds, so will need to squeeze in a visit to Newport County on my next trip to south Wales to see family. Unless Gateshead get promoted, I have done all the BSP play-off contenders that could form part of the 92, and have also done Luton. That just leaves CCFC's home ground of Sixfields, which I visited once for a Northampton home game!

Southend would also be a good away day - if they come up!

Preston is an OK away day but I hope they get promoted to make things easier for us next season!

That's an impressive record Spider! Do you include just current grounds or old grounds cos I've been to a lot of old ones like baseball ground, reading, northampton (!) but not the new ones. And to answer your question, I missed Yeovil last time round and seem to be jinxed with missing Colchester so those are priorities but tbh walsall, preston and plenty of others are all good days out. But I will miss my favourite L1 away day at Brentford

Users who are viewing this thread