Away Day Coaches. (2 Viewers)

pastythegreat

Good afternoon everybody.
So, Just to clear things up before I start, I'm not James Raffell, nor am I an accomplice of his. Ok, so now that's out the way, to the point I go.

I've been thinking for a few weeks now. With James being a bit, erm, dodgy let's say, and a big number of our fans deciding to do away days only. Theres less travelling coaches and more travelling fans. So I've been crunching some numbers and bending a few ears and have decided I'm going to have a trial of arranging coaches for the travelling SBA.

I will (where possible) always try and keep my prices competitive (cheaper than most if I can).
As it stands, if I can gather enough interest for Burton away on the 14th I'll do tickets for £14 (CCFC Coach is £16, train is £17) with £1 of EVERY sale going to a good cause at the end of each season.
I'm thinking of maybe splitting the money I raise 50/50 between MMJ ST fund and the family zone. Depending on how much I raise could possibly extend to Sky Blues in the Community too but time will tell.
Thinking of pick up/drop off points to be south side of the City as there isn't many others that cover here, it's either the ricoh or town.
If needed, could maybe do multi pick ups but not my preferred option, only if necessary to fill coach seats.
For away days such as Sunderland/Blackpool I may even try and run an overnight coach to for people to stop over and have nights out etc if I get good responses for the 1st couple of games.

So, does anybody have any (sensible) suggestions and words of wisdom?
And how many (if any) on here would be interested if I start the ball rolling in the next day or 2?

Pasty.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

theferret

There are coaches run by the various supporters clubs and also the SBA is still running. But, I think there is a gap there and you should do it. Burton may not be the best game to start as allocation is limited, it isn't far to drive and the train is an option. Might be better to start with a game like Rotherham.

As long as the price is right and you leave early (most people avoid club travel as they leave too late if you want a few drinks), you should make a success of it. I'd be interested. Good luck with it anyway.

pastythegreat

There are coaches run by the various supporters clubs and also the SBA is still running. But, I think there is a gap there and you should do it. Burton may not be the best game to start as allocation is limited, it isn't far to drive and the train is an option. Might be better to start with a game like Rotherham.

As long as the price is right and you leave early (most people avoid club travel as they leave too late if you want a few drinks), you should make a success of it. I'd be interested. Good luck with it anyway.
Yeah, was in 2 minds about Burton. Like you say, easy to get to on train etc. But on the flip side, nice and close and easy journey to cut my teeth on.

Yes, looked at other groups etc that run coaches. SBA from cov bath's, I know that nuneaton run coaches, but from nuneaton. Not sure about Coventry supporters club as of yet, still a very new club and not sure if/what they do. Raffell always seemed to have a good core of fans who travelled with him so there is definitely a market for it if done properly. Once runningproperly I'd hopefully run a couple of competitions for pairs of tickets and travel etc to generate a bit more interest. Doubt I'll have that ready for Burton or Rotherham though but something for the future. Also hoping that knowing by travelling with me, they are helping out causes such as the ST fund and Family Zone will incentivise people to jump onboard too.
Still need to speak to a few landlords to see if/where I can do meets but hopefully get that sorted soon.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread