Avtar Sandhu (1 Viewer)

Perryccfc

Heard a little whisper this evening he's interested in buying the club. Apparently held talks recently. And wants to move to a site in Brandon.

Was also told that PH4, Hoffman and Elliot are nowhere near a takeover and pretty much told to forget about them taking over.

I do use the word Apparently with caution. I know I will get a barrage of abuse for posting this. Just passing info I've heard on.

Just for a bit of info, I live in Lowestoft on the east coast; near Norwich. This has come from a local chap who drinks in the pub I work in (ran by my uncle, originally from Nuneaton) and he told us this as he knows we're Cov fans. He's a bit of a "lad" as my uncle describes him, and said he has "dealings and contacts" all over the country. Just found it interesting that he knew a fair bit about the club, of whom her has no real interest in.

Tight lines

Heard a little whisper this evening he's interested in buying the club. Apparently held talks recently. And wants to move to a site in Brandon.

Was also told that PH4, Hoffman and Elliot are nowhere near a takeover and pretty much told to forget about them taking over.

I do use the word Apparently with caution. I know I will get a barrage of abuse for posting this. Just passing info I've heard on.

Just for a bit of info, I live in Lowestoft on the east coast; near Norwich. This has come from a local chap who drinks in the pub I work in (ran by my uncle, originally from Nuneaton) and he told us this as he knows we're Cov fans. He's a bit of a "lad" as my uncle describes him, and said he has "dealings and contacts" all over the country. Just found it interesting that he knew a fair bit about the club, of whom her has no real interest in.

Tight lines

Interesting. I spoke to JE about this on Saturday and he was convinced that PH4 is still very much interested and we need to be patient etc. The biggest problem and frustation seems to be the lack of information from the administrator. He firmly beleives that the golden share is in CCFC ltd and that player contracts however are split between the two companies.

I do feel for JE on this as he looks like a man who is really trying to move this forward and despite all the negativity that comes his way is always fighting the cause. Yes he's not going to always get things right but he is a fan just like the rest of us, love him or hate him.

stupot07

Could be true though if someone has said this in a pub.

It's a place where clarity and truth will always out.

Yeah, gotta be true....I thought I saw him filling up at tesco petrol station in his Audi R8, it looked like he had Robert Earnshaw in te passenger seat....

He did not have enough money to run the speedway let alone CCFC. More likely they are talking about building a new stadium up at Brandon.

Do SISU not get it, we don't need a new stadium as we have one and it doesn't matter what they try and do they will never be trusted or accepted as owners of CCFC.

dongonzalos

Coming Soon to an Arena near you......

Promotion

Funded by Preston Haskell
Co Produced by Gary Hoffman and Joe Elliot
Directed by Ray Ranson
Staring Andy Thorn.....

shy_tall_knight

the residents of brandon wolston and binley woods would not allow this to happen, even with crowds of just 10,000 the area would be gridlocked every time there is a home game. we have a ground which is more than adequate use it

Woz01

Sandhu didnt stop owning the Coventry Bees because of money but because he didnt like the way the sport is run. Secondly the stadium would needs modernising, maybe bolt seats on the terracing areas but a lot of work would be needed. Not so long ago for big meetings speedway had crowds of 10k but not sure local residents would be happy with that every other week. Sandhu is
wealthy but not enough to own a football club.

Not going to happen.

Tonylinc

"the stadium would need modernising", Your not wrong there. I have not been to a meeting there for some time but from my memory anyone would need to spend the best part of £2mill.to bring it up to FL standard. In other words- it's a non-starter!

Perryccfc

Just wanted to regurgitate this post. Wasn't a million miles away from what looks like possibly could happen.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Just wanted to regurgitate this post. Wasn't a million miles away from what looks like possibly could happen.

I think resurrect was the word you were looking for...

Mind you, there might be some regurgitating happening over the next week or two if SISU retain the GS...

Users who are viewing this thread