Average League Attendance (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

This season is 6,054. Our average 10,589.

How can Fisher talk in terms of the club paying an average divisional average rent, when he gets so much more than the average gate?

The additional 4.5K bums on seats for every game equate to some additional £60K+ taken every game. Well over £1m per season. Ahem...

Grendel

This season is 6,054. Our average 10,589.

How can Fisher talk in terms of the club paying an average divisional average rent, when he gets so much more than the average gate?

The additional 4.5K bums on seats for every game equate to some additional £60K+ taken every game. Well over £1m per season. Ahem...

So as the gates are 40% above average are you saying we should pay 40% more than the average?

Sounds reasonable the average is £170,000 so we should pay £240,000. I'm in agreement.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So as the gates are 40% above average are you saying we should pay 40% more than the average?

Sounds reasonable the average is £170,000 so we should pay £240,000. I'm in agreement.

That would mean an additional £70K of expenditure to enjoy an additional £1m income. That's rather skewed in favour of the party who's already in breach of contract in my view

Grendel

That would mean an additional £70K of expenditure to enjoy an additional £1m income. That's rather skewed in favour of the party who's already in breach of contract in my view

Oh so are you saying the % revenue goes up if you are above average? Strange by how much then? Also I assume if a club was below average in a league the % versus revenue should go down? Yes?

stupot07

But then the average championship attendance is about 17k and their average rent is £270k

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Oh so are you saying the % revenue goes up if you are above average? Strange by how much then? Also I assume if a club was below average in a league the % versus revenue should go down? Yes?

You can split it any way you wish. But the essence being they're netting an additional £1m in gate receipts than the league average they're looking to be judged by. And that's either skewed or disingenuous. Yes?

Grendel

You can split it any way you wish. But the essence being they're netting an additional £1m in gate receipts than the league average they're looking to be judged by. And that's either skewed or disingenuous. Yes?

No I think your basically proving my argument. An extra £1 million in rent takes 100% of all extra revenue.

I fail to see why that comes into it.

If it does we had a lower than average attendance last year so are you saying we paid £1 million over the odds?

torchomatic

And they're paying a hell of a lot more in rent than the league average.

Grendel

And they're paying a hell of a lot more in rent than the league average.

I think this particular attempt at justifying the unjustifiable will now go quite.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ok so lets say the average rent is 170k for 6000 average gates

Lets assume the average price of ticket for a league 1 match is £13

£13 x 6000 = 78000

23 games a season

78000 x 23 = £1.8 million a season is the average ticket income for a league 1 side

The average rent is 170k which is roughly 10% of ticket income. That means for an extra 4000 in the gate at the Ricoh, that is an additional ticket income of 1.2 million. So that means we should be charged 120k more than the league average which would mean a fair rent in line with other clubs in the division would be 290k a year

Grendel

£13 x 6000 = 78000

23 games a season

78000 x 23 = £1.8 million a season is the average ticket income for a league 1 side

The average rent is 170k which is roughly 10% of ticket income. That means for an extra 4000 in the gate at the Ricoh, that is an additional ticket income of 1.2 million. So that means we should be charged 120k more than the league average which would mean a fair rent in line with other clubs in the division would be 290k a year

Brilliant. I suspect very few people will be participating in this thread.

wingy

No what he really should be saying is a club that was on its knees and had a purpose built arena built for it with a mortgage to pay off and a charities contribution on behalf of the club should pay a different rate than a typical shed from Div3 fit only for dross football .Where its owners have mortgaged no more than a £10M. building plot to their council to get them out of the shit at a peppercorn rent .Where the owners of our wonderful site have in producing a beautiful pitch which denies them making use for nine months of the year for other site dedicated activities should indeed be entitled to a premium not Tfs oft quoted average.:(

Edit ;Wrong KD I did'nt see ccfcs post as i wrote this.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

No I think your basically proving my argument. An extra £1 million in rent takes 100% of all extra revenue.

I fail to see why that comes into it.

If it does we had a lower than average attendance last year so are you saying we paid £1 million over the odds?

It's Fisher, not I that draws the comparison to this league's average. My figures simply prove it's incorrect to do so.

The bigger debate is another point, but Fisher's litmus-test flawed

dongonzalos

£13 x 6000 = 78000

23 games a season

No not 290k only 200k remember, we should all compromise to 200k, this particualr compromise is the one that only moves in one direction. Others don't see that as a compromise, but we of course our misguided....

Also what is 50% of the catering worth?

Grendel

No not 290k only 200k remember, we should all compromise to 200k, this particualr compromise is the one that only moves in one direction. Others don't see that as a compromise, but we of course our misguided....

Also what is 50% of the catering worth?

ACL owe us money from last season -- we were a below average attendance so I reckon they owe us £1 million on this formula from last season.

Grendel

I still don't to see why sisu expect others to pay the price for their total failure?

They don't. Also the club has been failing for years under several owners. This is a lame and pointless route to argue. It's also irrelevant to the debate on this thread. MMM has created a formula for calculating rent which shows the football club is being ripped off.

wingy

ITs not irrelevent to the subject matter overall KD,unless like TF debate should be couched and stifled.

Grendel

ITs not irrelevent to the subject matter overall KD,unless like TF debate should be couched and stifled.

No I agree with you but this particular thread was started as an attempt to justify the rent based on the fact the gates are above league average. It is proven to be nonsense.

Ironically the one club of course who spends nearly as much as a percentage of revenue on rent as us is Walsall and look at the state they are in.

dongonzalos

They don't. Also the club has been failing for years under several owners. This is a lame and pointless route to argue. It's also irrelevant to the debate on this thread. MMM has created a formula for calculating rent which shows the football club is being ripped off.

Someone is getting ripped off alright, not too sure it is who you think it is

wingy

No I agree with you but this particular thread was started as an attempt to justify the rent based on the fact the gates are above league average. It is proven to be nonsense.

Ironically the one club of course who spends nearly as much as a percentage of revenue on rent as us is Walsall and look at the state they are in.
Yeah and I noticed how rapidly MMM got put to bed .
But this whole debate over the lot of it has been conducted in couched terms much like politicians do ,It stifles debate ,makes everything black and White,there can be no grey,its innaccurate and a lot of it based on blind emotion.

dongonzalos

OSB do you know the value of 50% of the catering?

Also it seems SISU were offered a 10 year repay period over the million they owe.
Who in this day and age get a interest free 10 year loan of a million pounds?

It seems to me that compromise you were talking about has been exceeded yet for some reason it has not been accepted?

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

SB do you know the value of 50% of the catering?

Also it seems SISU were offered a 10 year repay period over the million they owe.

It seems to me that compromise you were talking about has been exceeded yet for some reason it has not been accepted?
cause its not about the rent????

Godiva

SB do you know the value of 50% of the catering?

The club doesn't seem to accept they owe a million+.

They started saying the rent is too high and have since paid what they think is a fair rent including matchday expenses.
After many months ACL concur - the rent is too high and step by step their offers are getting close to what the club is currently paying.

So the club say - ACL have accepted the rent was too high, so naturally the rent reduction should be backdated.
Therefor the club is not going to pay £1m+ ... not even over 10 years.
Or 50 years for that matter.

Grendel

The club doesn't seem to accept they owe a million+.

They started saying the rent is too high and have since paid what they think is a fair rent including matchday expenses.
After many months ACL concur - the rent is too high and step by step their offers are getting close to what the club is currently paying.

So the club say - ACL have accepted the rent was too high, so naturally the rent reduction should be backdated.
Therefor the club is not going to pay £1m+ ... not even over 10 years.
Or 50 years for that matter.

Correct -- if they agree it's hugely over-priced how can they justify charging for the arrears.

dongonzalos

So I guess it is a case if you think the Ricoh should command the same rent as the Bescot Stadium, Huish park, Weston Homes Community Stadium etc..

Or whether it should be higher as it is a far superior stadium. Which as MMM points out gets nearly double the attendance and if SISU had done their job. Would be getting nearly 5 times the average league one attendance.

Whether you think SISU should pay their debt.

Whether you think they should be held responsible for their own actions of accepting that contract when they took on the club or not.

Also whether you think they should be paying more for the ricoh possibly a championship average as Cov should not be in league one in the first place.

stupot07

So I guess it is a case if you think the Ricoh should command the same rent as the Bescot Stadium, Huish park, Weston Homes Community Stadium etc..

Or whether it should be higher as it is a far superior stadium. Which as MMM points out gets nearly double the attendance and if SISU had done their job. Would be getting nearly 5 times the average league one attendance.

Whether you think SISU should pay their debt.

Whether you think they should be held responsible for their own actions of accepting that contract when they took on the club or not.

Also whether you think they should be paying more for the ricoh possibly a championship average as Cov should not be in league one in the first place.

What a load of bollocks. If we'd been getting 5 times the league average attendance we wouldn't have sold/lost all our best players and been relegated.

wingy

Looks like a sliding scale to me ,Settle @£650k no court no arrears ,Settle @£400K. + Income added ,Pay the arrears Over 10 yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread