Average away followings (1 Viewer)

theferret

On this subject, sales for Boro are really disappointing. I understood Sunderland given the date, but I thought Boro would be healthy enough even if it didn't quite sell. The new players have been a bit spoiled with full away ends but 900 rattling around the away end on Teesside going to be very different. No doubt we'll sell 3K at Hillsborough in a heartbeat and people will miss out for that. Strange.

fernandopartridge

On this subject, sales for Boro are really disappointing. I understood Sunderland given the date, but I thought Boro would be healthy enough even if it didn't quite sell. The new players have been a bit spoiled with full away ends but 900 rattling around the away end on Teesside going to be very different. No doubt we'll sell 3K at Hillsborough in a heartbeat and people will miss out for that. Strange.
As NYD is a Monday I'm not surprised. Possibly a bit of Middlesbrough fatigue as well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

theferret

As NYD is a Monday I'm not surprised. Possibly a bit of Middlesbrough fatigue as well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I guess so, although I recall we took 2K to Tranmere a few years back on NYD, but maybe the next day wasn't a working day, can't remember.

Even so, you'd think it'd far more viable for most than say Cardiff on a Tuesday night when we took 1800. Should get back by 8pm from this one.

Not surprised we haven't sold out, but thought we'd take more.

Legia Sky Blue

Watching the EFL highlights show I was a little surprised by the away end spaces on Boxing Day for Bristol City, Norwich & QPR, so the low support at Middlesbrough on New Years Day shouldn't be viewed as particularly poor. I don't imagine too many people are keen on such a long drive after a night on the ale.

pusbccfc

I'm also disspointed in the boro numbers, feels very 2007 of us

As I mentioned a few weeks back, the novelty has worn off.

Earlier in the season and even last year, it was a race to get to tickets. Even if you weren't sure if you were going, you'd be on at 10 getting them or you'd miss out. We haven't sold out quickly in ages.

It will be a treat if played Villa or Everton if we progress in the FA Cup. Lots of us who went to Sunderland will be sitting pretty not worrying about getting tickets.

We've got Birmingham, West Brom, and Watford still to play. All 3 will sell out within an hour and people will be moaning about the points system not being fair...

pusbccfc

Watching the EFL highlights show I was a little surprised by the away end spaces on Boxing Day for Bristol City, Norwich & QPR, so the low support at Middlesbrough on New Years Day shouldn't be viewed as particularly poor. I don't imagine too many people are keen on such a long drive after a night on the ale.

That QPR following at Millwall is the worst following this season. To not sell out a game a tap of an Oyster Card away is mental.

Norwich fans have dropped off this season.

theferret

Earlier in the season and even last year, it was a race to get to tickets. Even if you weren't sure if you were going, you'd be on at 10 getting them or you'd miss out. We haven't sold out quickly in ages.

It will be a treat if played Villa or Everton if we progress in the FA Cup. Lots of us who went to Sunderland will be sitting pretty not worrying about getting tickets.

We've got Birmingham, West Brom, and Watford still to play. All 3 will sell out within an hour and people will be moaning about the points system not being fair...

It'll happen for Wednesday, everyone I know planning their day out for that

Tbf, should make a decent racket. I thought Sunderland atmosphere was excellent considering the numbers. Also expect numbers for Boro might grow a bit, a few mates have decided to go to today. Pay on the gate will help too if they offer that.

Evo1883

Not sure its worn off , I think it's a bad time to be playing the 2 North East clubs really ..

Me for example been sunderland 4 times in recent years and boro 3 times

clint van damme

I think the cost of living is kicking in a bit as well. Noticed the clubs and restaurants seems bit quieter than usual this year

clint van damme

Possibly but then we've just sold out a home game at £37 and took 3000 to Leeds at nearly £50.

I suppose people are picking and choosing.

Possibly. It may have nothing to do with it but I definitely think it's been quieter out and about.
Even pre and post match Boxing day seemed quieter than usual.

shmmeee

Played Middlesbrough endless times recently it seems, plus it’s a long trip on NYD, I’ve invited my Boro supporting mate over to watch the match and got the response “depends if I’m awake at 3pm 😂” which says it all.

pusbccfc

Played Middlesbrough endless times recently it seems, plus it’s a long trip on NYD, I’ve invited my Boro supporting mate over to watch the match and got the response “depends if I’m awake at 3pm 😂” which says it all.

But apparently it's a poor following because it's only 3 hours away!

CV22SBA

Sunderland was the first game I’ve missed since covid. As I take my kids every game they really wanted to go to Leeds as they had never been before so with Xmas it meant missing either Sunderland or Boro. I still think we’ll take about 1.2K especially if we win tonight.

Evo1883

Our average AFTER Sheffield wednesday will be 2399

Current numbers sold of 3788

We went down to 2294 or so after boro and sunderland

Users who are viewing this thread