Average age of today’s starting 11 (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

So Charlton have an average age of 24?

How are Barnsley doing by the way?

No, this logs every lineup every team has posted. Yesterday’s Charlton’s team average age was 26.8, 4.1 years older than our starting line up. From the link provided, there are 3 teams that consistently post the youngest lineups, ourselves, Walsall and Barnsley.

As for Barnsley, they have just been relegated from Championship, meanwhile we’ve come up from L2. The expectation is that Barnsley would do better than us.

capel & collindridge

I was at the Barnsley vs Peterboro game yesterday as staying with daughter and grandchildren in Yorkshire over Christmas. Technically, Barnsley were very patchy and apart from one or two sweeping moves in the second half didn't manage to put together many classy moves. Yet they were well on top throughout the game. That was largely down to their team spirit, energetic pressing and unstinting support from the crowd. Every substitution involved the whole crowd cheering and applauding the players coming off AND those coming on. The community focus was really good from lots of local news, fans messages, and a team mascot who was skilled in focusing on the needs of young supporters (autographs, photos, high fives and involvement in penalty competitions at half time). I would say they have a handful of promising young players, but probably fewer than the Sky Blues. The difference was the team spirit and the willingness to support each other all over the field. Whether this comes from the wholehearted support of the crowd or the team spirit is a factor in securing this support I don't know. But I'd be surprised if we finish above them in the table. It underlined the need for supporters to take a pride in their young players and protect their confidence levels by getting right behind them. Besides, I enjoyed their community singing targeted on Steve Evans when he came on the pitch at the end of the game.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

You don't know anything about football. Proven wrong time and time again.

Please don't post in 2019
I've only just read this post, it made me laugh, makes a change from some of the other threads, things are getting a bit heavy "intense " "serious"

Covcity4life is right again. :happy:

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread