Automatics (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Londonccfcfan

Yup, it was there was for us. But we f****ed it up.

Afraid no chance now. And will do well to make play offs.

CovBurty

Whilst I now admit we have shot ourselves in the foot today regarding autos. Play offs is a given. Winning the play offs is the new target. imo, missing out in the play offs is not only unthinkable and heart breaking, but could/will finish this club off. We don't do second chances. So failure is failure. That big. Play offs are a sad last chance saloon and I'm not sure we are up to it. They become a lottery and scare me. So upset today. Piss poor. Had my heart set on 3rd place. shit.shit.shit

martcov

Yes. Total let down. Last year on my birthday we won the trophy and it was a great day out. This year 2:6 and back to reality. Play offs is still on though. Anything can happen with that.

higgs

We would want 12 pts out of our last 6 games

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Marty

I'd fancy us in the play offs unless, Accrington Stanley drop down, men against boys in both games.

Adge

So now we can finally bring the curtain down on all this silly automatic place talk that has been spouted out for the last 2 or 3 weeks. And again I'll reiterate-let's just make sure we make the playoff's.

Otis

So now we can finally bring the curtain down on all this silly automatic place talk that has been spouted out for the last 2 or 3 weeks. And again I'll reiterate-let's just make sure we make the playoff's.
Some were pointing and laughing at those who thought the automatics were a bridge too far, but it was clearly always a very tough ask to win the amount of games we needed to win to have a chance and as I have said a few times, in a game it only needs a dodgy pen, or stupid backpass, or own goal, or deflection etc. to bugger things up and it completely alter your fortunes and lose yourselves a game.

Fact is, play-offs is now going to be tough. Mansfield and Swindon are STILL breathing down our necks even though they are both on a poor run of form. Quite unbelievable to think that Swindon are still only 3 points behind us.

Saturday's matchup against Notts County has become much bigger and important now and it is a game we really cannot afford to lose. Even a draw will pobably have us drop out of the top 7 and though a point might well seem a decent result on the surface against a team with an excellent home record, that would only be 2 points gained from the last 3 matches.

Back to nervous times again after having a tiny little flirt at the fantastical possibility we could maybe go straight up.

Saturday, we are away to Notts County and Mansfield home to Crewe and Swindon at home to Carlisle.

Then on Tuesday when we don't play, Mansfield are at Stevenage and Swindon at home again, this time to Yeovil.

Both Mansfield and Swindon could overtake us come Tuesday night.

standupforcity

Didn't someone say we could afford to lose 1 or even 2 games and still make the autos? Well that's one of them...one which might just be the catalyst to kick on .
Clutching at straws I guess, but you never know.

Otis

Didn't someone say we could afford to lose 1 or even 2 games and still make the autos? Well that's one of them...one which might just be the catalyst to kick on .
Clutching at straws I guess, but you never know.
I said we could draw 1 and lose 1.

Well, that's the last 2 games.

We would now surely have to win all 6 remaining matches to have a chance.

stevefloyd

And considering we haven't won 3 on the bounce all season it seems really unlikely too ....sadly....fingers toes and everything crossed

Users who are viewing this thread