Transfer Rumour August Manager of the Month (2 Viewers)

Irish Sky Blue

You would have to feel a bit sorry for the Wycombe manager (whose name escapes me) after getting a team with, probably, limited resources to the top of the league and not even be nominated.
I don't believe in the curse stuff but after Robins got it last season, how long was the win less run?

skyblue1991

You would have to feel a bit sorry for the Wycombe manager (whose name escapes me) after getting a team with, probably, limited resources to the top of the league and not even be nominated.
I don't believe in the curse stuff but after Robins got it last season, how long was the win less run?
Yes I would've expected Ainsworth to have been nominated.

A Wycombe fan told me they are currently at the highest position in their 130+ year history!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

oscillatewildly

I totally believe it. And I can add to the conspiracy by questioning how the manager of the top placed team can go unnominated?
That should have been the bullet we dodged. I think we all know the script now tho.

harvey098

I suppose you could argue that this is August MOTM and they weren’t top in August.

Edit: just looked at their results and they were still sitting on 12 points at the end of August and unbeaten. Yeah, he’s got to feel miffed (or relieved if you believe in the curse)

SAJ

Given the award is for August and they only nominate 4 managers the top four teams were Ipswich, Lincoln, Blackpool and us. Ipswich will win it. WW were 5th so why would Ainsworth be nominated?

Warwickhunt

MR should refuse it! I remember a manager doing it once cannot remember who it was but he was very supersticious.

no_loyalty

I would say it's nailed on that Robins will get it, especially after the results against Pompey and Blackpool.

Sbarcher

Last time round................
Coventry took only two points from the seven matches after Robins won the award 10 months ago.

SlowerThanPlatt

Is there actually any statistical evidence on the supposed manager of the month curse? Isn’t it just they got given the award for a great month of results so naturally what follows next is most likely not going to be as impressive?

I would be interested to know how many managers particularly in the football league have won back to back manager of the month awards

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Is there actually any statistical evidence on the supposed manager of the month curse? Isn’t it just they got given the award for a great month of results so naturally what follows next is most likely not going to be as impressive?

I would be interested to know how many managers particularly in the football league have won back to back manager of the month awards
Did'nt Cowley of Lincoln win it Back to Back last season because of 5 consecutives wins one month and then the Cup games against Premier League opposition the following month?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I've always felt August motm tended to be won by the team at the top of the table end of August. It's the one time of year you can pretty much guarantee league table and form table will match.

shmmeee

Yeah, it’s regression to the mean. Same as alternative medicine “cures” and the like.

ccfc92

Unlikely.... we lost 3 out of 6 that April..... including the 6-2 against Yeovil.

Counteracted by the 6-1 win vs Cheltenham ;)

Just tried finding who won it, can't see it on wiki, only goes up to Feb 2018.

Edit : Nathan Jones of Luton

Sbarcher

Think he won it last October when we won 5 in a row.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

MR has been nominated along with Cowley of Lincoln (ironic), Lambert of Ipswich and Grayson of Blackpool.

Fingers crossed MR doesn't get it. Dreaded curse and all that...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread