August 21st 2014 - We need to thank the "Hill" people (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

The people who went to the hill have my utmost admiration.

You are both "true" Coventry City supporters and City of Coventry supporters.

Enjoy the night and thankfully you will never have to do that again.

The nightmare is over.

pusbccfc

Thank you Stripes!

The people who went to the hill have my utmost admiration.

You are both "true" Coventry City supporters and City of Coventry supporters.

Enjoy the night and thankfully you will never have to do that again.

The nightmare is over.

They will never gain my thanks. They abused me for wanting to watch my team play. Then they stand on the hill and watch as much of the game they can just to prove that they couldn't possibly travel to Northampton to watch the games. All they did was berate fans rather than protest to any decision making or influential organisation.

wingy

No we really don't.

Think they were more significant than you suspect ,along with all the absentees .

The Idea that the clubs backers were loaded and could withstand the financial hit Is out of the window and has necessitated this agreement .

Going forward be It permanently ,or till Cuckoo land emerges ,the opinions of the Hill Inhabitants were heavily canvased and Induced Joy to reveal herself for the First time .

That's how significant they were ,she was left In no doubt ss to the level of support should the new ground go ahead .

By the way my first post of the day and In the wrong thread ,but WHeyHEY,were back ,how wrong i was .:):claping hands:

dadgad

The HILLers and No shows shoved Fisher's weasel words down his throat.
They couldn't possibly win as they hadn't a leg to stand on as most reasonable people recognised.
They caved in and we're back in Cov.
Pusb

mark82

I'd like to thank those that went to Sixfields because why not, everyone else has been thanked today.

JulianDarbyFTW

Look, at the end of the day the result is the one we all wanted. How we got there is, for the next few days at least, largely irrelevant. Let's just have a nice piss-up and make friends, eh?

dancers lance

And you deserve a book called:'The six pillars of self-esteem'.
OOhh.. thanks for bringing that up, cuz... Ayn Rand loved laissez-faire capitalism which just about sums up those who went to, and argued for 'just wanna watch my team' at Sixfields. They have something of the French about them......make of that...what you will.

Last edited:

Cov City Daytrader 87

OOhh.. thanks for bringing that up, cuz... Ayn Rand loved laissez-faire capitalism which just about sums up those who went to, and argued for 'just wanna watch my team' at Sixfields. They have something of the French about them......make of that...what you will.

And they have the right to see their team. Their mindset is on cheering the players. Got a problem with that, then the problem lies with you.

LJC_CCFC

Tbh obviously everyone who campaigned in whatever way fair play, I like many didn't venture anywhere near Northampton. Tbh I don't think those campaigning were doing so to be thanked and probably aren't expecting thanks now. I think it is difficult to gauge how significant the campaigning actually was in the decision to return, for me SISU aren't mugs and would have known that the move to Northampton wouldn't go down at all well, despite what they said in the press. With this in mind I think that SISU were going to decide to return when they felt it was right to (for them), whether this be six months ago, today or in a years time. Nevertheless the campaigns etc were pivotal in getting publicity for the situation .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dancers lance

And they have the right to see their team. Their mindset is on cheering the players. Got a problem with that, then the problem lies with you.
I have no problem because I have a clear conscience, I don't need to use Objectivist philosophy to hide my shame.

Chipfat

The fans of this club deserve so much credit,, those in NTFC, on the hill or those who picked home during the season,, they have done something that most other clubs have not had to suffer or will never have to... That might be down to the fact today the fans won,, they stood by the club, stood by the principal's they believed in and all now have got the result 99.9% wanted...

Most other fans will not give a shit, but all should look at what can be gained by the majority sticking together,, the FL should put out a statement naming this clubs supporter as some of the best in the land... Why... we have not won a cup, been in a promotion battle since ever and yet we together have had the desired effect to bring all parties together and get a deal done by togetherness and pure love for the club, that in truth has not given a lot back to us in so long...

SW and SISU don't deserve credit the fans and i mean all of us do ,,,, SISU had no option they have learnt today fans run this game and are the life blood of any club,, not a few rich people who want return's... This today was the only real outcome if CCFC was going to be sustained as we know it,, Sisu need now need to build bridges and CCC need to be open enough to engage and allow the club to move on...

I don't want SISU in our club, but getting back home is better than them owning it out of Coventry,, in time we will see if they have learnt and will see what the plan is to exit or to offer the correct amount for the Ricoh.. Either way they might do well by opening the doors to those they have complained about as they may have an answer to what SISU truly want.

But today is about all the other fans that have supported the club and those who have CCFC running through them,, we are truly some of the best fans and we need now to forget who did what ,, who went where and who made the decision's.. Just get together stand proud and in time the rest of the country will see that what was gained today is fan power and what the game is about... THE FANS.....

Frisky blue

They deserve no thanks, only shame.
Goodnight.

Have to agree, they were part of the problem, and can take no credit at all for our return to the Ricoh.
but I also agree that it is now time for reconciliation.
great credit must go to the majority who boycotted, the protest organisers, and all the fans of other clubs who showed solidarity with our cause. If we could only be rid of sisu too, then it really would be a turning point in the fortunes of Cov.

mrtrench

It is laissez faire capitalism that has bought us back - SISU stopped making money so they changed their product.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Have to agree, they were part of the problem, and can take no credit at all for our return to the Ricoh.
but I also agree that it is now time for reconciliation.
great credit must go to the majority who boycotted, the protest organisers, and all the fans of other clubs who showed solidarity with our cause. If we could only be rid of sisu too, then it really would be a turning point in the fortunes of Cov.

I agree that the people who went to "home" games have prolonged this dispute , they should feel bad about that.
Yes I agree , we should also pay out thanks to many other clubs supporters who were helpful in our cause.

Once the first game is over with back at Ricoh we must reconcile our differences as best we can.
We must be on our guard though about SISU. Interesting tweet from Henry Winter of "The Daily Telegraph" warned that SISU are still around. The national 'journos' are very much aware of things. Hate to say it but the Sun was right with it prediction.

skybluetony176

I'd like to thank everyone who joined in the Cardiff protest from within Suxfields. Yes negotiations were already going on at this stage but a continual show of displeasure pushed people to start talking in the first place and then keep talking as demonstrations were on going. Well done to anyone who stood up and got counted at any stage anywhere and those who were counted by their strength of continually boycotting. This is the power of demonstration and Nick probably still doesn't see the point.

Sorry Nick. Had to get the last bit in ;) I promise never to mention it again.

Steve.B50

They will never gain my thanks. They abused me for wanting to watch my team play. Then they stand on the hill and watch as much of the game they can just to prove that they couldn't possibly travel to Northampton to watch the games. All they did was berate fans rather than protest to any decision making or influential organisation.

I stood on that horrible hill every single game and never abused anyone.
The odd bit of banter (both ways) but never abuse.
You are talking rubbish.

Nick

Administrator
I'd like to thank everyone who joined in the Cardiff protest from within Suxfields. Yes negotiations were already going on at this stage but a continual show of displeasure pushed people to start talking in the first place and then keep talking as demonstrations were on going. Well done to anyone who stood up and got counted at any stage anywhere and those who were counted by their strength of continually boycotting. This is the power of demonstration and Nick probably still doesn't see the point.

Sorry Nick. Had to get the last bit in ;) I promise never to mention it again.

I do see the point, I cut my grass and sorted out the garden in protest last weekend and look what happened ;)

Cov City Daytrader 87

I have no problem because I have a clear conscience, I don't need to use Objectivist philosophy to hide my shame.

But you still talk down to the ones who attend those matches at Sixfields. So that translate you still have a problem (you know? a bit like the bitter Sunderland fans mentioned on another thread). By the way that book I mentioned is about self-help/development.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

That is bolux how many times were fans berated? When were you abused mostof the time we ignored you! I was going to forget the differences that us fans had but if you want to carry it on then fine. Another thing you missed the whole concept of the hill but thats in your own mind!

Irish Sky Blue

Glad to report the Birmingham attendees are far more pleasant than those weasels on the hill at Northampton.
I go to St Andrews but I am also one of your weasels. Circumstances are different this time. I wouldn't pay to go into Six fields as I thought it was wrong that we were being held ransom by Sisu. I still feel the same. (that it was right not to go into Six fields. Others felt differently but I wouldn't be disrespectful to them) . The reason why I stood on the hill was as much about watching my team as it was about protesting. The fans I met on the hill were genuine, committed City fans who did a round trip of about 90 miles to catch a glimpse of their team playing while standing, often in the cold and the rain, on a muddy bank.
I don't understand the purpose of your post. I can only think that you have a need to be divisive and insulting to a group of people who love and support the same club that presumably you do too. The question is, why would you want to do that?
I have supported my team since 1967. Six fields excluded, I have had a ST every season since 1971. I go to all bar 2 or 3 away games every season. I love my club. But to you I am a weasel.

Irish Sky Blue

I just read through your earlier post. I never saw any of the fans entering Sixfields being berated. (I'm not saying that it didn't happen, just that I didn't see it). I do remember being part of a group who were called names by an attendee leaving early who walked past us. Abusing fans from either side of the divide is wrong. What are you doing by making this post if not abusing people?

ohitsaidwalker king power

I stood on the "Hill" too with my son.... we were never abusive to anyone...nor saw any directed to those that attended. I'm sorry that 5.5 years on from the origins of this post you are still hurting so much as to resurrect it.
Unity is required, not division.
PUSB's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread