Attendance v Walsall (3 Viewers)

SkyblueBazza

Anything over 15k is excellent
I agree...you got me thinking too. Soton is a club we often like to refer to as similar to ours. Their 1st season in L1 lowest attendance was vs Wycombe (2-2.5hrs drive) on a Tuesday night...16.5k (avg gate 20.1k), 2nd season lowest 17.8k (avg 21.7k).

Begs the question - are they really anything like ourselves?
Anything over 15k is excellent

...onwards & upwards PUSB

BackRoomRummermill

I agree...you got me thinking too. Soton is a club we often like to refer to as similar to ours. Their 1st season in L1 lowest attendance was vs Wycombe (2-2.5hrs drive) on a Tuesday night...16.5k (avg gate 20.1k), 2nd season lowest 17.8k (avg 21.7k).

Begs the question - are they really anything like ourselves?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

they were performance wise in the premier and struggled most seasons in the 90's like us

thats where the comparison ends, the rest is made up

AFCCOVENTRY

Southampton have always had healthy attendances.

In the last 25 years we haven't exactly had spectacular attendances.

They managed to buy Ricky Lambert from Bristol when they were in L1 for a £1m and then had a very good crop of youth come through.

They managed to avoid Sisu taking them over as well and got that Swiss backed owner.

skyblueevs

can someone confirm if i purchased a matchday ticket on saturday for Walsall game, and it is collection only, that I can pick it up at the Ricoh before kick off?

season ticket holder and got my mate a ticket, normally more organised than this and get it posted, so not used to having to collect!! Thanks

steveo1987

can someone confirm if i purchased a matchday ticket on saturday for Walsall game, and it is collection only, that I can pick it up at the Ricoh before kick off?

season ticket holder and got my mate a ticket, normally more organised than this and get it posted, so not used to having to collect!! Thanks

I thought I saw something on Cov city mad site this morning saying that the ticket office at the ricoh is open all day on Tuesday.The office at the Butts will not be open Tuesday.Not 100% about this but call the club if not sure.

hutch1972

I thought I saw something on Cov city mad site this morning saying that the ticket office at the ricoh is open all day on Tuesday.The office at the Butts will not be open Tuesday.Not 100% about this but call the club if not sure.

I'm sure the ticket office moves on any match day to the Ricoh , I presume they have to move all the equipment over there.

Covkid1968#

I'm sure the ticket office moves on any match day to the Ricoh , I presume they have to move all the equipment over there.

Yes Ricoh on match day...but Im not sure where you would pick it up from today?? Ive got to go and pick mine up aswell

ccfcmad1

So can you buy tickets from the ricoh office tomorrow or is collection only might sound a daft question I have match pakages vouchers usually exchange a few days before but not had the time, I know you can exchange on the gate but would rather try and pick my seats?

standupforcity

So can you buy tickets from the ricoh office tomorrow or is collection only might sound a daft question I have match pakages vouchers usually exchange a few days before but not had the time, I know you can exchange on the gate but would rather try and pick my seats?

Yes you can but you may have to join the 'long' queue...

Brylowes

Yes just make sure you get in the right line.one to buy-one to pick up

D

Deleted member 4439

Just come out of the Butts Park ticket office - 10.5k sold to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

If Walsall don't bring at least 2000 on Tuesday, it will be a disgrace

Swiftlyon

If Walsall don't bring at least 2000 on Tuesday, it will be a disgrace

We won't bring 2,000. People who needed to, prioritised Saturday in the cup over tomorrow night. Nothing disgraceful, or disrespectful towards you just an economic choice a lot have to make and in Walsall the magic of the cup lives on.

We'll bring around 1,500. Proportionately just under a third of our home crowds so equivalent of you bringing 4,000 to us on the back of a big cup weekend in London. Not bad?

If we weren't in the cup and it had been on Saturday we'd have brought around a thousand more.

Speedies_Chips

We won't bring 2,000. People who needed to, prioritised Saturday in the cup over tomorrow night. Nothing disgraceful, or disrespectful towards you just an economic choice a lot have to make and in Walsall the magic of the cup lives on.

We'll bring around 1,500. Proportionately just under a third of our home crowds so equivalent of you bringing 4,000 to us on the back of a big cup weekend in London. Not bad?

If we weren't in the cup and it had been on Saturday we'd have brought around a thousand more.

Hoping you get drawn against Man U tonight, so your players will be instantly distracted :)

SlowerThanPlatt

You have sold 372 tickets so far (was 3 days ago to be fair) so the 1,500 estimate looks as unlikely as us selling out

Swiftlyon

You have sold 372 tickets so far (was 3 days ago to be fair) so the 1,500 estimate looks as unlikely as us selling out

I won't be far out. Walsall fans tend not to buy in advance unless they absolutely have to. Very rarely needed to so as tomorrow is pay on the day, it is a business as usual walk-up for the majority.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

My mate says he's just got his tickets and was told 12,300 sold (CCFC fans only) seemed low to me hopefully get 15,000 in the home end by tomorrow night.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I suspect the 10.5K includes ST holders. They always assume that every ST holder will be there for every game. Attendance SHOULD be a count of the bums on seats, but never is. Easy to count how many times the turnstile goes round. Just laziness!

Leamington Pete

Not been questioned on here but the attendance last night meant that the ground was apparently less than half full. Didn't look like 16500 empty seats to me.

Users who are viewing this thread