attendance v Shrewsbury (1 Viewer)

Swanny80

Surely surely surely after recent results and it being bank holiday we are set for a significantly higher gate v Shrewsbury?

We will never be on a run like this again. We have two big and exciting cup games coming up yes but much more important are the Shrewsbury and Carlisle games. My prediction is that the Carlisle match will see us take our place in the top 6.

In a way I wish spurs match wasn't happening, can only dent confidence right?

I'm going for 15k against the shrews. What are your predictions?

rupert_bear

It's a bank holiday and no buses i believe, parking difficult, a pain in the arse to be honest, these are major reasons why people can't be arsed to go,had we been at HR a gate of 17/18000 would have been likely. I reckon 13000. Our regular gate is now 10000 despite our good form to expect a 50% increase is a bit much IMO.

pusbccfc

No buses!? Really?

kg82

Yeah, and they might miss dinner etc etc excuses excuses, can't believe I'm still hearing them. Let's face it, if its not one thing its another.

hill83

Yeah, and they might miss dinner etc etc excuses excuses, can't believe I'm still hearing them. Let's face it, if its not one thing its another.

I'm agreeing with you by the way. I was repeating an excuse I've already heard!

kg82

I'm agreeing with you by the way. I was repeating an excuse I've already heard!

It was aimed in general hill, I took yours as an excuse you'd already heard! It's disappointing that people will still come up with shit excuses. I live an hours drive away and make it up!

covcity4life

Its the negative fecks that need to change

Remember when I said we could win 5/5 in November? Everyone went on as bout Cov city cant do runs like that

We rended up winning 4/5 but all the moanrrs cared about was that loss to Sc-unithorpe

They need to give the team a chance

Gaz

The casual fan who just turns up to get a match day ticket, is the fans the club need to target now the team is winning and playing well.
Be good if they say reduced the Shrewsbury game to £10 a ticket and we could see a good few more turn up.
Not everyone will have a lot of spare money after Christmas.

big nellie

I will be going up on New Years day to support the lads, dont like giving money to Sisu (dont trust them) but hey ho its up the league we go. Were brill on Saturday so we should all get behind THE TEAM. PUSB:p

Mucca Mad Boys

It's 50 years since we played them at home,how many on here went not many I bet.
22/10/1963
8-1 Rees hat trick,Barr with 2,Hudson with 2 and an own goal.
Attendance was 27,000 and we were 3rd in Div 3 (Now League 1)

We can dream can't we!?

wingy

It's 50 years since we played them at home,how many on here went not many I bet.
22/10/1963

Just too soon even for me.:facepalm:

ps1948

22/10/1963

A repeat would do nicely on Tuesday.....got the goals on tape Deano??

Just hope the club have contingency plans in case loads turn up at the last minute, rather than leave them queuing outside till midway through the first half, as per the JPT game

wingy

A repeat would do nicely on Tuesday.....got the goals on tape Deano??

Just hope the club have contingency plans in case loads turn up at the last minute, rather than leave them queuing outside till midway through the first half, as per the JPT game

Open all the toilets and franchises as well.

North York’s Blue

It's a bank holiday and no buses i believe, parking difficult, a pain in the arse to be honest, these are major reasons why people can't be arsed to go,had we been at HR a gate of 17/18000 would have been likely. I reckon 13000. Our regular gate is now 10000 despite our good form to expect a 50% increase is a bit much IMO.

Parking difficult? Really? There's loads of cheap parking available within a few minutes walk; piss poor excuse.

shrewd1979

Hi, shrews fan here looking for advice on best places for parking. Obviously we'll be coming in from M6 so ideally that side of stadium. Reckon we'll be bringing around 1,000 and travelling with some apprehension given your current form and our inability to win away!
Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

covboy9

Hi, shrews fan here looking for advice on best places for parking. Obviously we'll be coming in from M6 so ideally that side of stadium. Reckon we'll be bringing around 1,000 and travelling with some apprehension given your current form and our inability to win away!
Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

yeah stay at home u'll be kicking off more times than the missus does at xmas!

steveo1987

We'll see, Sheff Utd probably said the same before Hartlepool visited.......

If there's a carload then parking at the stadium is £10.If you want cheap parking then drive past the ground staying on the A444,go past the Tescos junction turning left off the roundabout signposted longford(blue modern sculpture thingy in middle of roundabout).you can park at 3 horsehoes,Jk English or RAOB club all on your left.brst bet is park at JK English and drink next door in RAOB where there is a big screen and a mix of fans.parking is £3 along here.Dont drink in the Wheatsheaf though.

Last edited:

Otis

Stop confusing me!! :D

So because it is Saturday prices you saying there should be Saturday buses?

Can we also just clarify that despite there being nowhere to park and no buses, there are places to park and there are buses?

Grendel

Whatever buses are on or off there should be 15,000 home fans cheering on the team surely?

Users who are viewing this thread