Attendance for the 2 Preston Games? (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

We are on a roll but Christmas shopping is still in full force so how many will show up on Saturday and how many will turn up for the JPT Semi (Will CCFC discount the tickets for this one?)
My prediction
Preston League Game 12,095
Preston JPT Semi 16,156

Last edited:

coundonskyblue

Think your right with 12k for saturday, this weekend is nearly always the lowest attended weekend across the league so I wouldnt expect too much.

As for the JPT, it depends on the price. Are the ticket details out yet?

pusbccfc

JPT sadly won't be very high attendance wise. Sky have ruined it for us. Potentially a 17k game. Now we'll struggling to get 12k

Ashdown1

Too many feckin henpecked pussies these days, just tell the other half the shops are open on Sunday or do it yourself so back off !!!

Pretty sure that ticket prices fro the JPT will be £5 or £10 as the match is being televised.
Anyone know what the likely television revenue will be?

Tank Top

Yep! I think 12,000 is reachable, and to be honest, Justified, in the light of our current form, and the way we are blowing teams away,The momentum is gathering pace, confidence is soaring and the team is feeding off the support of the fans, in view of the off the pitch corrosive situation, the Football team and Manager deserve the highest praise possible. "Attendance"..."Build it and they will come"

TheSnoz

Preston North End at home January 1966 - City win 5-1. Attendance 26,818. It was snowing.
The shopping Saturday before Christmas at home to Huddersfield, attendance 27,735. (unfortunately we lost).
It so saddens me how supporters have deserted their club. Scratching around for 12,000, oh dear.

skyblueinBaku

Preston North End at home January 1966 - City win 5-1. Attendance 26,818. It was snowing.
The shopping Saturday before Christmas at home to Huddersfield, attendance 27,735. (unfortunately we lost).
It so saddens me how supporters have deserted their club. Scratching around for 12,000, oh dear.

Snoz, don't forget that 1966 was one of the boom years for the city of Coventry. A lot of jobs have 'deserted' the city since then. There is less money about nowadays.

TheSnoz

Smiley, no it was 1967. We finished 3rd in 1966. No playoffs in those days sadly. The Preston game was played on a near frozen pitch. A bit like the time we played Blackburn in the snow, remember? (Shearer & Co) & mullered them 5-0. & they didn't want to play. Chris Whyte played a blinder. When was that again?
SkyblueinDorset, good for you keeping the faith down there. I don't buy this 'there's no money about.' Everywhere I look, people in cars like tanks, spending left right and centre. Sure we had factories etc back then, but still plenty of people spending now. No, afraid I see a lot of local people have deserted their club. Coventry is a really big city. I want to see the stadium full, roaring the team on. It'd make such a difference. It did in the 60s & early 70s.

wingy

Smiley, no it was 1967. We finished 3rd in 1966. No playoffs in those days sadly. The Preston game was played on a near frozen pitch. A bit like the time we played Blackburn in the snow, remember? (Shearer & Co) & mullered them 5-0. & they didn't want to play. Chris Whyte played a blinder. When was that again?
SkyblueinDorset, good for you keeping the faith down there. I don't buy this 'there's no money about.' Everywhere I look, people in cars like tanks, spending left right and centre. Sure we had factories etc back then, but still plenty of people spending now. No, afraid I see a lot of local people have deserted their club. Coventry is a really big city. I want to see the stadium full, roaring the team on. It'd make such a difference. It did in the 60s & early 70s.

It can't be entirely down to money as a ST costs roughly the same % of income of the average wage earner @£ 25-26k.It is harder though for younger and people on sub £15k. salaries ,so other things must compete for peoples time and money.The club have to work harder to attract /entice .They don't work as hard or interact with/in the community enough to achieve the old levels of loyalty

skyblueinBaku

They don't work as hard or interact with/in the community enough to achieve the old levels of loyalty

You're right about that, wingy. We had team enjoying some success on the pitch (like now), a manager who knew what he was doing (like now) and a chairman who was really interested in the club and it's place in the community (like n.......hang on...).

Users who are viewing this thread