Atmosphere (1 Viewer)

Bad Boy

It was a lot noisier with the hardcore to be fair
Well maybe not everyone wants to sing from the rooftops and go mental.
I know people who are very vocal in life but are like church mice inside a stadium.
So long as folk enjoy themselves, show their appreciation that's fine by me.
Personally I like going mad.

SBT

What a stupid thing to say. You plod up every year and think the new season ticket holders money is worth less. You kidding who?
It was a joke

The real reason behind the crap atmosphere is that it was a Monday night, there were no away fans, we don’t create many chances, your favourite player from the last two seasons is either injured or sold, and the only new songs we have for players are all six minutes long and can only be learned from watching a Jamie Webster wannabe smack an acoustic guitar with his wrists on YouTube.

Brighton Sky Blue

It was a joke

The real reason behind the crap atmosphere is that it was a Monday night, there were no away fans, we don’t create many chances, your favourite player from the last two seasons is either injured or sold, and the only new songs we have for players are all six minutes long and can only be learned from watching a Jamie Webster wannabe smack an acoustic guitar with his wrists on YouTube.
All the while the Eccles cake song and 'Simms is the best' sit on the bench like Sakamoto against Hull

pusbccfc

It was a joke

We've got tons of songs that never seem to get much of a run out these days

Colin Steins Smile

Whereas this was redrafted from a generic boating song.
Are you suggesting that we have to commission someone to write totally new songs for the club?
There was a song written specifically for us by that bloke from King (if my memory serves me correctly) …. And that was a dreary song. It didn’t help that it was our first season after relegation from the PL

skybluecam

Season ticket: £500

(Delayed) New Shirt: £50

Pie & a pint: £10

Haji Wright: £7.7m

Watching him spoon one over the bar before we concede a last minute equaliser on a Monday night: fucking priceless

Atmosphere is purely results related. The new players also don’t have the faith in the bank from last season so fans will turn on them quicker.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The "home end" should be exactly that. If supporters are getting fed up in singer's corner for whatever reason then consider moving next season to the other end of the ground and creating a proper " home end " .
The atmosphere last night was generally poor. The sky blue song sounded very haunting at times in a way I've never heard it. Not uplifting at all but almost funerial.

The fans respond to the players. If they see nothing on the pitch to excite them they won't show it and get behind them. It's the same at all clubs. It's not unique to Cov.

pusbccfc

The "home end" should be exactly that. If supporters are getting fed up in singer's corner for whatever reason then consider moving next season to the other end of the ground and creating a proper " home end " .
The atmosphere last night was generally poor. The sky blue song sounded very haunting at times in a way I've never heard it. Not uplifting at all but almost funerial.

The fans respond to the players. If they see nothing on the pitch to excite them they won't show it and get behind them. It's the same at all clubs. It's not unique to Cov.

The issue is, plenty want to sit near the corner but the club took chunks of tickets off sale there.

MalcSB

Are you suggesting that we have to commission someone to write totally new songs for the club?
There was a song written specifically for us by that bloke from King (if my memory serves me correctly) …. And that was a dreary song. It didn’t help that it was our first season after relegation from the PL
Dont forget “Sky Blues, shooting to win”. Also, the George Formby tribute act from late 60s/early 70s (can’t remember the date or the singer but, unfortunately, can remember the words).

Flying Fokker

I thought the same. The queen’s funeral march was better.

NortonSkyBlue

Dont forget “Sky Blues, shooting to win”. Also, the George Formby tribute act from late 60s/early 70s (can’t remember the date or the singer but, unfortunately, can remember the words).
1972 Alan Randall “we are the Sky Blues, wherever we play home or away, we‘ll support you win or lose”

Hobo

On my travels side (ends) were often more
impressive.

Last night I didn't think the atmosphere was too bad. Considering the away following was meagre and could barely raise a whisper.

Not much to shout about on the pitch, but felt our fans tried to rouse the team several times during the second half.

harvey098

We moan at the players for not wanting it but we as fans were half arsed ourselves. I appreciate we’re not getting paid thousands to run around but it’s meant to be our passion and it felt like no one really wanted to be there, even when we were winning. Just a very Monday game all round I guess.

Finham

We moan at the players for not wanting it but we as fans were half arsed ourselves. I appreciate we’re not getting paid thousands to run around but it’s meant to be our passion and it felt like no one really wanted to be there, even when we were winning. Just a very Monday game all round I guess.
Cyclical to a degree unfortunately. It took a while to build up the atmosphere and that has largely been based on following the same popular players especially younger fans who become very attached, but we've got to start again with new players now. Then throw in the price tags of some and that raises the expectations from fans that they'll be able to repay some of that. We've been very good initially-singing songs for Wright etc-but when stuff goes wrong, well, here we are, things drop a bit. More expensive tickets for a worst side than last year also doesn't help!

harvey098

Cyclical to a degree unfortunately. It took a while to build up the atmosphere and that has largely been based on following the same popular players especially younger fans who become very attached, but we've got to start again with new players now. Then throw in the price tags of some and that raises the expectations from fans that they'll be able to repay some of that. We've been very good initially-singing songs for Wright etc-but when stuff goes wrong, well, here we are, things drop a bit. More expensive tickets for a worst side than last year also doesn't help!
Yeah I hear you. Good play on the pitch can spark the fans and good support from the fans can spark the players. I know it’s chicken and egg but we as fans weren’t even trying to be the egg on Monday.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Nothing reminds me more of Highfield Road than this

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Would love to hear singers corner sing,

Stand up for the Sky Blues sing your heart's out we will never lose.

Over and over again, as they do with twist and shout.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The issue is, plenty want to sit near the corner but the club took chunks of tickets off sale there.
Then why don't they go to the corner at the other end ?

hamertime

Last seasons atmosphere will be hard to beat for a while I think, the circumstances led to it. The way we play now won’t contribute to one. Wilson’s goal away at Blackburn thorough I will never forget.

tommy hutch legend

Atmosphere is always better on Saturday games always has been unless it's a big occasion midweek game the problem is we rarely play at home on Saturdays and will probably get worse when they sign the new egl deal

Users who are viewing this thread