Atmosphere (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

I must admit it’s one of the best atmospheres I have ever heard at the CBS. Forest were 1-0 up all second half and you would never have known it and in the sun just singing twist and shout, staying really positive and having just a good time. I’m sure all of that meant the players kept going and we got our rewards. That’s home advantage at it’s best

Covkid1968#

Was a great atmosphere…..Forest did their bit in the first half…. Can’t believe some bellend was allowed to celebrate with the players on the pitch and then casually get back in the stand. Unless I missed it he seemed to get away with it.

pusbccfc

It was brilliant. Certainly up there with the atmospheres in the JPT and previous return.

A lot of people have always said the Ricoh is devoid of atmosphere but it can't really get going when there is over 12k Cov fans in there.

Shame behind the goal was so empty. I think it will look dreadful in the less appealing home games.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

It was brilliant. Certainly up there with the atmospheres in the JPT and previous return.

A lot of people have always said the Ricoh is devoid of atmosphere but it can't really get going when there is over 12k Cov fans in there.

Shame behind the goal was so empty. I think it will look dreadful in the less appealing home games.
Unless we are on our way 😏

djr8369

Yeah for less appealing games it’s going to be a shock how empty and quiet it can be after yesterday.

djr8369

fans make atmospheres, not grounds- we should look at ourselves if it’s quiet, not blame the building we’re sitting in
Well sure. Not blaming anything specifically just making the observation that a lot of games won’t have that atmosphere. Hopefully with the number of ST and the belief in the team we can keep it going though.

pusbccfc

fans make atmospheres, not grounds- we should look at ourselves if it’s quiet, not blame the building we’re sitting in

This. It's a myth that the atmosphere is bad because of the stadium.

I've been to loads of away games where there hasn't been a peep out of the home fans all game. The Ricoh is rarely silent, albeit not always rocking.

Block 15/Singers Corner has always had a bit of stick from Cov fans but they lads up there give it a right go every game.

St Andrews was often praised for a decent atmosphere but not one league game came even remotely close to yesterday.

Londonccfcfan

JPT semi final was only about 12K but an amazing atmosphere. It can be achieved. It's not about numbers.

Had 27 k vs Accrington. It was shocking.

Numbers help but no correlation.

COV

JPT semi final was only about 12K but an amazing atmosphere. It can be achieved. It's not about numbers.

Had 27 k vs Accrington. It was shocking.

Numbers help but no correlation.

spot on

it’s not the ground that’s soulless, it’s our fans who have been soulless, and that’s not a dig either- any set of fans would be after what we had to put up with

cc84cov

not sure how you know cause you seemed to be on here complaining for most of the match 😆
Can’t even remember I was drunk but I take your word for that 🤣 first half we were awful got better as the game went on

Warwickhunt

when we scored the noise was unbelievable! in fact it made the hair on the back of my neck standup just like it did at Wembly 87

Warwickhunt

1 Nil and you Fu£ked it up is such a catchy rendition by our fans! Even i was clapping in tune to that. LOL

Reactions: vow

COV

You are dead right. The atmosphere inside yesterday was amazing.
This is what we need every home game. And I am an old git and still join in.
Apart from the stand up sit down shit,cos me knees are shot. 😂

you can see it on here- we go behind and everything is garbage, rubbish and diabolical, 45 minutes later and it’s the best occasion in years, outstanding. That kind of typifies modern supporters- instant gratification or go mental complaining, there is nothing in between. The days of just sticking by the team through the ups & downs have long gone- and that is not just us by any means, it’s across the board.

which is why when our fans refused to sit quietly and kept singing at 1-0 down- rare nowadays and very proud 👍👍

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

thought their fans were shite
I was in block 19 and their fans were very loud and were heard above anything from our fans...that was until twist and shout and then they were quiet as the team was on the ropes. My son who was in block 24 said he could only hear Forest fans. Acoustics I guess?
Lets see if we take 3800 to Barnsley and raise the roof.

Bugsy

Mcfadz winner from a different angle

..... PUSB

hill83

I was in block 19 and their fans were very loud and were heard above anything from our fans...that was until twist and shout and then they were quiet as the team was on the ropes. My son who was in block 24 said he could only hear Forest fans. Acoustics I guess?
Lets see if we take 3800 to Barnsley and raise the roof.

Must be the acoustics. I could only hear Forest up until twist and shout started as well. I've always been in block 15 and it wasn't the sound I was expecting to hear from the other end. Don't think it will be long until I'm back in there though. I love the view from behind the goal but it looked a right laugh over there again.

clint van damme

I was supposed to be, but long story short I missed it and ended up getting an Uber. Heard everyone who got it missed the winner though?

I think I saw you, I'll say hello next time, that's something for you to look forward to.
That's bollocks about missing the winner but funny though

Users who are viewing this thread