Atmosphere at Yeovil (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueBlood2

So new season, new optimism (for some) and inevetably we get a good away following for the opening game! For me it all went downhill after we scored early on! particularly in the second half the atmosphere just died as we all just stood there as the reality sunk in of just how far we've fallen!
Piss poor league, piss poor players, clueless manager/owners!!
Its gonna be a fun season :thinking about:

WillenhallSkyBlues

It's always problem, whenever we take more then 1000 away it's just people who have jumped on the band wagon cause a few tickets were sold and the atmosphere is always shit

Gaz

There will be Ccfc t-shirts in the club shop next with ...

" Bandwagon 2012 I was there "

CovMatt1987

that is the thing I would be dreading most if we go out of business, the bloody bandwagon brigade, jumping on for their share of the glory....

Reynolds_121

Plenty of mongs on my coach only went because of the following , they didn't even know any of our new signing. So yeah, the bandwagon comment is a fair one.

smileycov

Facebook User
All the way to Yeovil and you call em Mongs. or Bandwagon Jumpers.......i can not believe we dont attract new support at the City!

Mo Konjic

Three-hour drive to Yeovil Town and you call people jumping on the band wagon!
I can never understand why even our own supporters slag each other off!

Some of the abuse that Hussey got near me during the first half (before he had actually done too much wrong) made me cringe. Shouting abuse at a player in earshot for not doing one thing, contradicting yourself seconds later, resorting to pretty inane insults when he hasn't done too much wrong at that moment in time... I wasn't a fan and parts of it were just embarrassing. People pay their money and they get to express discontent. Top of your voice telling someone how shit they are after fifteen minutes of play is perhaps not the way of invoking a decent performance. There were plenty around just as pissed but handling themself in a different way.

I wasn't a huge fan of all the 'who the fuck are Yeovil' type songs (the first chorus of 'you all look the same' might raise a wry smile, but I was never likely to see that as the focus of my day). They are the team that are holding us at their gaff, the fans who have been friendly enough in pubs, the people we were going into a full season with. If some fans were better equipped to have a laugh, support their team and paint our city in a decent light while they are at it, all the better. I thought the atmosphere was generally a little flat, shame given the numbers and the sunshine. Would perhaps have felt like it was a bit more chirpy if McDonald had stuck that chance away towards the end.

kg82

Some of the abuse that Hussey got near me during the first half (before he had actually done too much wrong) made me cringe. Shouting abuse at a player in earshot for not doing one thing, contradicting yourself seconds later, resorting to pretty inane insults when he hasn't done too much wrong at that moment in time... I wasn't a fan and parts of it were just embarrassing. People pay their money and they get to express discontent. Top of your voice telling someone how shit they are after fifteen minutes of play is perhaps not the way of invoking a decent performance. There were plenty around just as pissed but handling themself in a different way.

I wasn't a huge fan of all the 'who the fuck are Yeovil' type songs (the first chorus of 'you all look the same' might raise a wry smile, but I was never likely to see that as the focus of my day). They are the team that are holding us at their gaff, the fans who have been friendly enough in pubs, the people we were going into a full season with. If some fans were better equipped to have a laugh, support their team and paint our city in a decent light while they are at it, all the better. I thought the atmosphere was generally a little flat, shame given the numbers and the sunshine. Would perhaps have felt like it was a bit more chirpy if McDonald had stuck that chance away towards the end.

Agreed. Some of the comments around me about Hussey, Brown and McSheffrey were, frankly, pathetic and embarrassing. BUT, there were also a lot around me who were fantastic with their support. At the end of the game a fair few "supporters" flocked to the centre of the stand to hurl abuse at McSheffrey. I couldn't help but loudly say something along the lines of pathetic scum - 3 blokes round me all said couldn't agree more, absolutely pathetic. We do have sensible supporters, we also have idiots but I suppose it's the same with every club.

CovLis86

The guys fully abusing sheffers were a disgrace. He did bite back a bit, but who can blame him. Least he was one of the very few who turned to applaud the crowd. Good on Barton for being the first to do it.
I did read on the other thread a Yeovil fan saying that's the loudest he has heard a crowd when the goal went in, so fair play on that. But we were pretty quiet from then on, certainly after we conceded sadly.

CCFC_Charlie

I had a few blokes me who didn't have anything positive to say all game. They're constant abuse of McSheffery when he was taking corners and Hussey when he was on our side of the pitch was frankly embarrassing. Not only that, they didn't know who half the players were, an example of this is when they referred to Elliott as Jennings for the entire time he was on the pitch and then when Jennings came onto the pitch they attempted to play it off as if they had always known it was Elliott. Then even went as far to label Cody a useless sack of shit despite him being one of our best players on the day.

wingy

Some of them are going to need the skin of a rhinocoros this season ,Joe Murphy seemed to be the biggest target near me ,created a bit of division among our own fans,maybe a dose of Rhino Horn while they're at it to make them Harder........to beat!!

Astute

I don't care if some supporters don't know the players names. I do care though if idiots want to insult our own players. Where do people think it will help us?

I made the occasional comment, but nothing to do with picking out any certain player. We need to get behind our players and give them all the help we can.

kg82

Some of them are going to need the skin of a rhinocoros this season ,Joe Murphy seemed to be the biggest target near me ,created a bit of division among our own fans,maybe a dose of Rhino Horn while they're at it to make them Harder........to beat!!

Jesus, what did Murphy do wrong?! No one near me giving Murphy any grief and rightly so, thought he had a great game on Saturday!

wingy

Jesus, what did Murphy do wrong?! No one near me giving Murphy any grief and rightly so, thought he had a great game on Saturday!

Should have come out for the cross apparently,then got it solid for the next half hour.

oakey

These fellas pay their money and think it gives them the right to shout abuse. Bull fighting might be more their thing.
It is frankly depressing following City away. The moron fans make it a grim experience for other supporters. My last game was Forest away and it will be a long time before I get over the gloom of, not just the display on the pitch, the vile fans who spit venom.

Murphy once didn't come for a cross - which he was far better off leaving - and got a quick burst of abuse (not specific, just about him being shit) from a couple near me. It was dropped quick enough after he claimed the next cross (not immediately... "that's right, catch the ball, Murphy... you fucking twat, you're shit") and they could return to giving Hussey stick. Every Club has them... it was hot and there was a fair proportion who had been on this piss throughout the crowd, but it took the edge off for me. Everyone makes the occasional comment - whether directed at players, referees, managers or just to your mate. Just been a while since I have heard such a high level of bollocks.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I think what happened yesterday was exactly what a previous poster said reality hit home just how low we had sunk. What I do have to say is McSheffrey was nothing short of disgraceful on Saturday and maybe the fans giving him stick will spur him on to never play like that again. I'm going to end on a another little swipe, McSheffrey if you are reading this or if anyone knows him, please ask him to perhaps spend another hour or two on the training pitch putting the balls in the box to help him beat the first man as I counted five times on Saturday he failed to do so. Maybe doing this instead of hitting the pub may just get the fans back on your side?

kg82

I think what happened yesterday was exactly what a previous poster said reality hit home just how low we had sunk. What I do have to say is McSheffrey was nothing short of disgraceful on Saturday and maybe the fans giving him stick will spur him on to never play like that again. I'm going to end on a another little swipe, McSheffrey if you are reading this or if anyone knows him, please ask him to perhaps spend another hour or two on the training pitch putting the balls in the box to help him beat the first man as I counted five times on Saturday he failed to do so. Maybe doing this instead of hitting the pub may just get the fans back on your side?

Disgraceful? What Pardew did was disgraceful, racism in football is disgraceful, Robbie Savage's hair is disgraceful. What McSheffrey did was have a bad game, obviously low on confidence. What's the fans answer to this? Hurl abuse at him! That's the disgrace.

I made a similar comment in another thread. Beckham - dead ball perfectionist, additional hours on the training field. McSheffrey - 29 year old Coventry lad, who - and I could be way out of line here - probably doesn't. Probably just does what the others do. Probably cares a little more about the Club than most. Probably thinks he will be in and around the first team squad all season in League 1. Is probably right and is certainly not unusual in this. But set piece delivery can be ironed out with practice and his rarely beat the first man. Put in some extra time and be the big player for the squad that you should be.

kg82

Should have come out for the cross apparently,then got it solid for the next half hour.

Ahh yes, of course! My favourite is when the ball is played by the opposition and goes loose but it's still quite obviously nearer to their player than ours and they retrieve it, resulting in a chorus of "get a fuckin foot in" or "you're shit, fuck off"!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Disgraceful? What Pardew did was disgraceful, racism in football is disgraceful, Robbie Savage's hair is disgraceful. What McSheffrey did was have a bad game, obviously low on confidence. What's the fans answer to this? Hurl abuse at him! That's the disgrace.

It's a figure of speech, when used in context suited McSheffrey's performance on Saturday in my opinion

Comparing it to far worse things hardly proves your point. It's like me saying Pardew's push on the linesman wasn't disgraceful it was just a passionate manager caught in the heat of the moment. Stuart Hazell now what he's done is disgraceful.

kg82

It's a figure of speech, when used in context suited McSheffrey's performance on Saturday in my opinion

Comparing it to far worse things hardly proves your point. It's like me saying Pardew's push on the linesman wasn't disgraceful it was just a passionate manager caught in the heat of the moment. Stuart Hazell now what he's done is disgraceful.

It's a word used continually out of context in football. Same as legend! It's more the abuse aimed at the players that's crap though, it doesn't do them any good but fans continually do it (this isn't aimed at you, you've aired your views on here which is different).

EDIT: I actually agree with you about Pardew, that was a stupid point made by myself!

pusbccfc

I dread to think of the atmosphere tomorrow and for the rest of the season. Although Block 15 has still sold a fair few season tickets, its still going to be dead.

We'll be outnumbered against Birmingham, its embarrassing.
I'm embarrassed.

oakey

Low home crowds are not as shaming as high away followings in which a large, vocal minority behave like cavemen. That is far more likely to be noticed by fans of other clubs. Look at how the likes of Leeds, West Ham and Millwall are regarded.

Users who are viewing this thread