Atmosphere at home (1 Viewer)

Jackoskyblue

As we all know the atmosphere at home games can be very poor singers corner do there best but it just doesn't fill the ground with noise. The away fans in league 1 are very poor so obviously that doesn't help as they are bringing about 500 on average.

this got me thinking how can we improve the atmosphere at home games ? What do we need in place, not just from the club changing things but what can us fans do to improve this as well ? Let's hear your suggestions

pusbccfc

Closing the telegraph would be perfect, but unfortunately a minority wanted to sit there.

The JPT games have been great for atmosphere over the years, with just the tesco open.

Sbarcher

Easy - just get 32,000 bums on seats.......

Warwickhunt

With the Shit thats being served up how on earth do you expect to get any atmosphere up there, give us a product we can cheer and the atmosphere will solve its self

Wheelfass

With the Shit thats being served up how on earth do you expect to get any atmosphere up there, give us a product we can cheer and the atmosphere will solve its self
That's exactly the case. You wouldn't want to go to the movies to see a film that had crap reviews would you. We have been so devoid of success for so many years that it's more likely to be another dose of the same old than a change for the good.
To be fair though, because of lack of achievements and our need for some long over due glory, we only need the merest hint of something positive happening for the interests to be rekindled and the wood worked opened up for the return of the missing thousands and some proper atmosphere. It has to be sustained though. We wait in anticipation.

Nick

Administrator
That's exactly the case. You wouldn't want to go to the movies to see a film that had crap reviews would you. We have been so devoid of success for so many years that it's more likely to be another dose of the same old than a change for the good.
To be fair though, because of lack of achievements and our need for some long over due glory, we only need the merest hint of something positive happening for the interests to be rekindled and the wood worked opened up for the return of the missing thousands and some proper atmosphere. It has to be sustained though. We wait in anticipation.
If you were a James bond fan you would go and watch it no matter what? Especially if you were acting like your world ended when they talked about not making any more?

Wheelfass

If you were a James bond fan you would go and watch it no matter what? Especially if you were acting like your world ended when they talked about not making any more?
Millions of pounds are invested into James Bond films and you can of course read the review first. We have NO investment and don't have the advantage of Pre match reviews. Im just saying that we need some success to create a good atmosphere. James Bond???? poor analogy.

ccfcway

CCFC Season Review 2013 / 14 - "Die another day"
CCFC Accounts - "For your eyes only"
CCFC New Stadium announcement - "Tomorrow never dies"
CCFC Wont return to the Ricoh - "Never say Never Again"
CCFC Re-sign Gary McSheffrey - "You Only Live Twice"
CCFC Consult on Reda Johnson Fitness - "Dr No"

Last edited:

Evo1883

Atmospehere is generated theough excitement , the atmospehere from our supporters at walsall was superb becausethe team got them off their seats , at home its been very lacklustre

Wheelfass

CCFC Season Review 2013 / 14 - "Die another day"
CCFC Accounts - "For your eyes only"
CCFC New Stadium announcement - "Tomorrow never dies"
CCFC Wont return to the Ricoh - "Never say Never Again"
CCFC Re-sign Gary McSheffrey - "You Only Live Twice"
CCFC Consult on Reda Johnson Fitness - "Dr No"
Funny as FK heh heh :claping hands:

skybluejelly

Atmospehere is generated theough excitement , the atmospehere from our supporters at walsall was superb becausethe team got them off their seats , at home its been very lacklustre

I think another reason the atmosphere was good was because it was allocated seating .. This way you get people willing to song all over the crowd rather than just one or 2 blocks .. And if the people around you are singing you are much more likely to join in .. There were a couple of let's all sing together songs on Saturday which were the loudest I have heard them in ages..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Millions of pounds are invested into James Bond films and you can of course read the review first. We have NO investment and don't have the advantage of Pre match reviews. Im just saying that we need some success to create a good atmosphere. James Bond???? poor analogy.

If you were a die hard james bond fan you would watch it no matter what right? Like dr who fans?

When we moved to sixfields people were actually talking of suing sisu for emotional damage...

People were saying it ruined their lives....

Maybe they just like the drama and being outraged and have moved on to pot holes or something.

Jackoskyblue

What I meant was what can the 8000 hardcore do to create an atmosphere whilst we are where we are. Obviously the more successful and higher attendance the better atmosphere. But we are where we are with 8000 attendances how can we improve atmosphere with them guidelines.

Personally I'd like to see the top half of the ground sectioned off not just the poxy bit of tarpaulin they have in the telegraph stand bring us all closer to the pitch that would then bring singers corner further round the ground so their singing with catch on further round. And then id like to see the away fans get pushed right to the front but all the way across the stand. So maybe they have around 10 rows but all the way across ? Then it would be good if we could get massive flags to cover the top half that's closed off.

Nick

Administrator
I agree with big flags or something to put out, I think making the fans feel more appreciated for being there.

We could get ccfc branded vu vu zelas!!

They could hand out those clapper things for kids. I know goal music annoyed people but you had the whole ground dancing to Chelsea dagger when we scored.

I think also we are way too friendly to the away fans, I'm not saying encourage a fight, just don't pretty much hold their bits while they go for a wee with the whole we appreciate them coming crap.

skybluejelly

I agree with big flags or something to put out, I think making the fans feel more appreciated for being there.

We could get ccfc branded vu vu zelas!!

Please not vu vu Zelas ... I would rather those crappy clappy things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Whatever happened to the old wooden things you spin...

Sure you could get plastic sky blue ones made up in China for pennies.

We could play clips of older games before the game on the screen to get people in the mood.

Jackoskyblue

There's a block in the family section who akways bangs the board at top of stand which akways gets the kids going maybe a drum in that corner and one in singers corner

Jackoskyblue

Whatever happened to the old wooden things you spin...

Sure you could get plastic sky blue ones made up in China for pennies.

We could play clips of older games before the game on the screen to get people in the mood.

A few years ago I realliy like that motivational video that was on scoreboard pre game it had like classical music to images of the Ricoh at night and little clips of highlights

Nick

Administrator
There's a block in the family section who akways bangs the board at top of stand which akways gets the kids going maybe a drum in that corner and one in singers corner
Yeah, that's the thing.

Im not sure if it's classed as bad sportsman ship now bit when I was a kid sky blue sam would always give away teams thumbs down and get the kids booing them. Nothing nasty just a few hundred kids booing the away goalie..

pusbccfc

No point closing the top half of the stands, you're better off closing the bottom.

Since the drum has been moved to the bottom of block 15 the atmosphere has been poor.

Nick

Administrator
A few years ago I realliy like that motivational video that was on scoreboard pre game it had like classical music to images of the Ricoh at night and little clips of highlights
Even things like that can get People fired up :)

Skyblueweeman

Get a Justin Bieber CD played continuously over the PA System...that'd get everyone wound up and the atmosphere heated!

hill83

Music during the match which matches the current tone of the play.
It would be Benny Hill for 80 minutes though.

covcity4life

Music during the match which matches the current tone of the play.
It would be Benny Hill for 80 minutes though.

remember when they played we will rock you during crystal palace match 5 or so years back? fans booed until they turned it off.

wingy

Now If you'd said BATMAN I could go along with that.:facepalm::)

glancy89

Have a standing section otherside of the away fans netting...cheaper seats, bit of banter and fans can stand all game and sing (like away games) without people complaining! Apart from that it is down to the players to play better football and keep winning games to get bums back on seats.

Users who are viewing this thread