At work, first time Down here in years (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Utter shithole round there now.

I grew up round there but Jesus, the last few years, its full of utter tramps and immigrants.

Fridges on the streets of swan lane and a fist fight between 2 topless blokes men when i last drove down there

(Disclaimer, just because i said the word immigrant im not a racist)

Saddlebrains

I think they call it desecration. That estate is dreadful, an utter shithole and it's only be up 10 years or so.

The entry through to Nicholls St seems narrower than I remember

A lot of buy to let but also a lot of council housing there, your citizen, whitefriars etc.

The whole things been a cock up, doesn't even look nice like new housing estates usually do.

Evo1883

I mean it was never the ritz around there let's be honest, a rough place in general for away fans to go... But driving down their and around the streets it looks awful...

jimmyhillsfanclub

That's pretty great tbh

Still basically a set of overpriced rabbit hutches only a stones throw from some rough old estates though......I worked security briefly on the highbury quadrant in the mid-90s.....it was like the wild west.

SBT

Utter shithole round there now.

I grew up round there but Jesus, the last few years, its full of utter tramps and immigrants.

Fridges on the streets of swan lane and a fist fight between 2 topless blokes men when i last drove down there

(Disclaimer, just because i said the word immigrant im not a racist)

Nice of you to bundle them in with the tramps though

Nick

Administrator
I have been house hunting recently and for what those flats are they still go for a decent wedge to buy.

I assume people just want to rent them out at a premium.

David O'Day

I had a friend who lived in one and they are pretty shitty inside as well.

Nowhere near worth the money they can go for.

Mcbean

Sadly all round the quality of new build houses has gone down - we have some Persimmon homes round here and they have been shocking . The surrounds just aren’t built well either so the area looks in disrepair not long after they are built - people have waiting years to get the road adopted by the council so they do at least have tarmac

ccfc1234

I mean it was never the ritz around there let's be honest, a rough place in general for away fans to go... But driving down their and around the streets it looks awful...
Miss it, the walk up from town and West Terrace atmospheres. For me football stadiums belong near City centres and blended in with the local community. Biggest mistake we ever made was leaving imo.

How much would we need to know the crap flats down and build it again (obvs not a serious suggestion for many good reasons but I like the idea)

Guess the areas businesses miss the footfall of 18k fans every other week.

Travs

Binley Oak is gone. Brewer & Baker gone. Can't remember if Foresters is still there (i ran past there a few weeks back).

It really is desolate and run down, and the flats on the site of the ground have done nothing to help.

Users who are viewing this thread