At the game today.... (2 Viewers)

Sbmacca

Heard some of the most shocking things today at the game. A man a few rows in front of me was shouting "get the fuxking Niger off" at one of the west ham players (my 14 year Old brother told me this)...I then heard him scream and shout as said player is subbed....get that fuxking egg and spoon off u c**t...oh look, they are swapping one of them for another one, black coon cunts....And so on...

Shocked, appalled and dismayed... I know the answer is obvious, but as this is not normal, what should I do? Or just leave it. Asking like minded cov fans?

Gaz

I think you should just shake hands at the end of the game ..

Pigeon

I assume you report racist comments to a steward and they are usually ejected from the stadium?

J

Jack Griffin

I've seen people ejected for same. Just tell a steward, they are obliged to act.

pusbccfc

What are of the stadium was this?

Sbmacca

Block 16...he randomly had gone by 2nd goal. Was it Carlton cole? Looked
Expecting worse, and not there. Asked people around me, and think he is in same seat each week...I know I heard a couple of people
Near sayin they r gonna write and complain. I am not jumping on pc brigade, but whatever I quoted before tes
That by 5 and u would get how bad it was throughout first half and start of 2nd

Otis

Never heard "Egg and Spoon" before. Cockney Rhyming Slang I take it. If so, sounds like a Hammers fan.

Changeyourface

Can't believe people on here are seriously suggesting to grass a fellow Cov fan up just cause they don't agree with his comments. It's not like we can afford to lose supporters is it.

Changeyourface

Fact is, we don't want fans like that.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself so I don't where the "we" comes from. I don't agree with his comments but I wouldn't grass him up and cost him the chance of potentially getting banned from seeing the club that we both support.

TheHellion

If that is how he behaves at games, then in my opinion he doesn't deserve to be at the games. His attitude is wrong, and in this day and age should not be tolerated.

The Reverend Skyblue

changeyourface I can't believe you think this. To rant racist obsenities all match and you think that we should put up and shut up, is that your advice !!.We don't want fans like this ever, I bet if there was a black person near him he would have been as quiet as a mouse,people like this are nothing but spineless cowards.
If I was near him i would of told him to shut it, and if he did'nt then its a couple of weeks off work for him,if he works of course,if he don't its enforced bed rest is how i would put it .I'm no fighter but brain dead cowards like him deserve a warning first ,to shut it ,and if he carrys on then he'll have to deal with the consequences
Totally unacceptable and a disgrace to the club, end of.

The Rev

Last edited:

ccfctommy

You don't speak for anyone but yourself so I don't where the "we" comes from. I don't agree with his comments but I wouldn't grass him up and cost him the chance of potentially getting banned from seeing the club that we both support.

Your a f*cking bigot mate.

Never heard any of this stuff at the football before and I would hate it if I did. Bloke who did it deserves a ban.

Astute

I agree Rev. I have a half indian daughter and a lot of black friends. I am against violence now but would have been mad if I was near him. See if he would pick on someone bigger than himself that could do something, not a player on the pitch who could do nothing.

Sbmacca

changeyourface I can't believe you think this. To rant racist obsenities all match and you think that we should put up and shut up, is that your advice !!.We don't want fans like this ever, I bet if there was a black person near him he would have been as quiet as a mouse,people like this are nothing but spineless cowards.
If I was near him i would of told him to shut it, and if he did'nt then its a couple of weeks off work for him,if he works of course,if he don't its enforced bed rest is how i would put it .I'm no fighter but brain dead cowards like him deserve a warning first ,to shut it ,and if he carrys on then he'll have to deal with the consequences
Totally unacceptable and a disgrace to the club, end of.

The Rev

I'll hold my hands up. I should hav said something. Was with teenage brother and 3 young nephews and didn't want to cause trouble in front of them. I don't want fellow fans banned. But I'm pretty sure the other blokes I go with are writing to conplain.

Otis

I would like to think that I speak for the vast majority of decent, rational people who have been brought up to know right from wrong and understand that racism is just plain wrong. To say I speak just for myself is pure tosh.

Racism is wrong. There is no justification for it at all. And as for 'grassing' him up? What sort of nonsense is that? Where do you draw the line then?

I most certainly would have reported the bloke and I reiterate we do not want fans like that at our club.

WillieStanley

CYF... It wasn't you was it?

I can't believe that this sort of thing exists amongst our fanbase. There is absolutely no excuse or reason for those views. We are all human. That's it.

I'm pretty sure it was a safe bet that Otis was speaking on behalf of the majority when he used the word "we"

I'd rather have a fan base of 400 believers in equality turning up every week than 100,000 racist biggots

Without a doubt I would have reported it, but SBM, don't feel too bad because we all react differently in those situations and I'm sure if it happened again you'd know what to do.

Otis

CYF... It wasn't you was it?

I can't believe that this sort of thing exists amongst our fanbase. There is absolutely no excuse or reason for those views. We are all human. That's it.

I'm pretty sure it was a safe bet that Otis was speaking on behalf of the majority when he used the word "we"

I'd rather have a fan base of 400 believers in equality turning up every week than 100,000 racist biggots

Without a doubt I would have reported it, but SBM, don't feel too bad because we all react differently in those situations and I'm sure if it happened again you'd know what to do.

Thanks Willie. The simplest and also proper way to get through life is to treat everyone as an individual and everyone on their own individual merits. Is it wrong to be black? No. Are all Muslims bad? No of course not. Each and every person on their own individual merits. We all did that and racism wouldn't exist.

We as humans are always scared of things we don't understand.

Changeyourface

I'm not condoning what he did and by all means if it bothered you that much you should have said something to him. But he pays for his ticket just like you, what if he sang "get your tits out for the lads" to a female linesman, would you report him for sexism and expect him to be banned?

Astute

So a sexist comment in jest is the same as racist comments made through hatred of black people? Neither should be done but they are not on the same level, and only one of them happened at the game. Most women love being whistled at. I am yet to meet a black person who loves racist comments.

WillieStanley

Paying for a ticket does not give a person the right to act in such a manner. I pay for a cinema ticket, that means I have the responsibility to act in an appropriate way. It's the same with a football match. You have the right to free speach the same as a football player/supporter has the right to attend a match without fear of harrassment or prejudice, regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, ethnic origin, nationality or disability.

We all have the responsilibilty to report any incidents of that nature also.

I think you seriously need to look in the mirror, mate.

I'm usually quite passive in regards to peoples opinion of this forum because everyone has one and the reason I use this forum is to hear and discuss other opinions but what you are saying is completely wrong.

Racism in any form or at any level is wrong.

Are you sure you're not condoning it? Read your posts back. It sounds a lot like you're saying it's alright as long as they're in the home end of the Ricoh.

It's not.

Otis

Shouting "get your tits out" simply cannot be compared to racist abuse on any level.

joemercersaces

Otis speaks for me as well. Every club has it's tossers, chavs and violent scumbags. That doesn't mean we have to either accept it or protect them when they're bang out of order. And somebody shouting gratuitous racial abuse is bang out of order in my book. People are people, good bad or indifferent and it makes my skin creep to hear people judging someone else by their colour. Show me the person who does that or thinks like that and I'll show you an inadequate human being.

We can support Cov and give the opposition some grief without lowering ourselves like that. I understand the frustration though, a few years ago in the West End there was a bloke who kept on referring to Hadji and Chippo as 'Pakis'. I took it when I felt like smacking him because I was with my mrs and didn't want to get her involved in any aggro. I'm white, by the way.

Astute

Could put it another way. My daughter is slim, 5'9" and a part time model. She loves her fulltime job too much to give it up. Tell her to get her tits out and she will either smile, come out with a comment of her own or tell you what you can do. No need for me to butt in. Call her a paki and she will hit you. Do it in front of me and you will never do it again.

Changeyourface

Could put it another way. My daughter is slim, 5'9" and a part time model. She loves her fulltime job too much to give it up. Tell her to get her tits out and she will either smile, come out with a comment of her own or tell you what you can do. No need for me to butt in. Call her a paki and she will hit you. Do it in front of me and you will never do it again.

Did you seriously mean that as a threat? You need to get out of the house more

Nonleagueherewecome

Did you seriously mean that as a threat? You need to get out of the house more

So...are you saying it'd be OK to call his daughter a Paki? Sorry changeyourface, having read this thread, you do come over as a mite racist. Go and watch your "Mind Your Language" DVD's and let this one lie.

Changeyourface

So...are you saying it'd be OK to call his daughter a Paki? Sorry changeyourface, having read this thread, you do come over as a mite racist. Go and watch your "Mind Your Language" DVD's and let this one lie.

Not saying that at all but threatening people over the internet is pathetically embarrassing

The Reverend Skyblue

Re-reading my earlier post it makes me sound a bit of a hard nut, but i can assure all of you on here i'm not like that at all. I'm very a very peaceful and passive, and normally would'nt say boo to a goose, but i do stand up for my principals and really dis-like to be around bigots,racists, so if i think they are out of order i will tell them face to face,

99 times out of 100 these people will stop, and they try and squirm out of things they were doing by saying i misunderstood, but we must either act or report these morons to the stewards.
We must never to let peole get away with it

The Rev

Users who are viewing this thread