AT on Radio this morning (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
AT was on CWR around 8:50 .... to summarise....

Thanked Keogh and wished him well. Keogh wished all well too

Was pleased with work being put in.

Just getting on with job, cannot control what is going on with SISU etc so concentrating on football

Will get new player in today (probably means Callum Ball joining them) Hoping to get a couple in next week. There will be some new faces at training from Monday including at least one trialist. Couple of players who were injured will be joining in too

Basically quite up beat.

Good to have a positive feel about the place for a change imo but early days

Last edited:

thechase

AT was on CWR around 8:50 .... to summarise....

Thanked Keogh and wished him well. Keogh wished all well too

Was pleased with work being put in.

Just getting on with job, cannot control what is going on with SISU etc so concentrating on football

Will get new player in today (probably means Callum Ball joining them) Hoping to get a couple in next week. There will be some new faces at training from Monday including at least one trialist. Couple of players who were injured will be joining in too

Basically quite up beat.

Good to have a positive feel about the place for a change imo but early days

I assume the new player he refers to is the Man Utd loanee.

He definitely implied one more signing to be announced today and two more next week. Todays should be someone new, Jennings or this rumoured utd cb from the other thread.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
guess we wait and see but which ever way you look at it there seems to be positive news about CCFC

Astute

Just waiting for the negative spin now ;-)

thechase

He definitely implied one more signing to be announced today and two more next week. Todays should be someone new, Jennings or this rumoured utd cb from the other thread.

I think your right. I assume if Jennings signs it will be when Thorn returns from scotland.

kg82

I'm going to take a guess - Jennings! It's surely a 50/50 chance of being right (bet I'm wrong)!

Macca

I fancy thorn to do well this year and am right behind him. Whether I d keep him if we got promoted is a different argument. Seems to have done some decent wheeling and dealing given the circumstances

dongonzalos

Only negative I find islota of talks of strikers coming in. Which is great and really needed. However they are mostly players who are going to want that killer pass to play them in. The likes of cody sheff Elliot feeding off a great through ball.

We have deegan and possibly Jennings to do the dirty bit.

But who has the creativity, the Norwood role.

One more striker and the new Norwood is still needed for me. As well as the man utd its kid if wood goes.

Last edited:

sky_blue_up_north

Thought Fleck was a passing player, but agree need another decent midfielder. I think Jennings is a combative type player, so if he signs great.

Positivity sweeping through the Sky Blue army whatever next? A great season and a touch of silverware? Here's hoping. It's great to finally have something to be positive about. I'm glad we are bringing in players with some hunger and a point to prove. Callum Ball is a great deal IMHO would much rather have him than Collins. There is a very real danger that iThorn and Carsley get the balance right we could well bi in for a season of Joy? When was the last time that you could say that? Let's just get behind the team and who knows what can happen. One things for sure, it won't be boring. PUSB

skybluebeduff

Who in this forum thought SISU would get 1 player in? I knew they'd sell but didn't think they'd replace anyone, proves what I know. Still don't like them due the hurt they've endured us but, I'm very excited about this season and can't wait to start it all away at Yeovil. I used to have a season ticket at Hull City's old ground Boothferry park, and also played in Scarborough's McCain stadium so I know what these tinpot stadiums are all about. Anyone remember The Dell? and this was a stadium in the Premier League! :eek:

RichieGunns

I guess SISU have finally woken up from their pipe dream, took the blinkers off and got their peripherals in check.

They know there's a big cash sum for getting promoted and they want that money to try and ease some of their big issues.

My biggest worry is that if we do get promoted, they'll refuse then to give us any money to continue improving the squad as they'll think our team is suitable enough to carry on in the Championship.

This is my major worry. One would hope that should we do the impossible and get promoted, that SISU will give us some of the cash for moving up a league to get some more players so we can aim for playoff in the following season and the possibility of even more money with a place in the Premier League.

These of course are just my wildest dreams, but a man can hope!

dongonzalos

If he was successful be it for ten games before his best players were released and not adequately replaced.
Then he loses a lot of his best players again, but this time is allowed to replace them with kids and free transfers. If he is then successful on the back if this you would not automitically think we should stick with him next season??
What exactly does the bloke have to do?

Last edited:

Grendel

If he was successful be it for ten games before his best players were released and not adequately replaced.
Then he loses a lot of his best players again, but this time is allowed to replace them with kids and free transfers. If he is then successful on the back if this you would not automitically think we should stick with him next season??
What exactly does the bloke have to do?

Personally no but there you go.

mattylad

I fancy thorn to do well this year and am right behind him. Whether I d keep him if we got promoted is a different argument. Seems to have done some decent wheeling and dealing given the circumstances
Hey??.... Keep him and give him a go but get rid of him if we get promoted..... Hey??

Grendel

Hey??.... Keep him and give him a go but get rid of him if we get promoted..... Hey??

Yes Its not that difficult to understand.

Astute

Who in this forum thought SISU would get 1 player in?

I was called deluded at best when I said they would bring in players after saying they admitted they were at fault for last season. Didn't expect so many players or of the quality that have come in though. Was expecting Div3 and Div4 at the best.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
looks like AT meant what he said and a new one in today. Reece Brown on season loan from Man Utd

blueflint

osb your bit at the bottom about vision should be given to some posters on here who cant see past their noses

Nonleagueherewecome

dick turpin

I guess SISU have finally woken up from their pipe dream, took the blinkers off and got their peripherals in check.

They know there's a big cash sum for getting promoted and they want that money to try and ease some of their big issues.

My biggest worry is that if we do get promoted, they'll refuse then to give us any money to continue improving the squad as they'll think our team is suitable enough to carry on in the Championship.

This is my major worry. One would hope that should we do the impossible and get promoted, that SISU will give us some of the cash for moving up a league to get some more players so we can aim for playoff in the following season and the possibility of even more money with a place in the Premier League.

Great post Richie

Your dreams could be very close to the mark! me thinks

Stevec189

Should we manage to get promoted then we will have to have squad we can afford. At his will be in budget and will involved wheeling and dealing as we have this summer. This is a sensible approach and can only be a good thing for the club. I think we could be in for an entertaining season and let's hope the promotion occurs. Unless we find a deluded multi millionaire then we won't ever be able to invest in the way some people think we should. PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread